Searching new paths

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Searching new paths

Post by Sethelu »

Sunspot poked his nose into a bush. He wasn't sure why, but who can explain what Sunny does? He pulled his nose out and began trotting in a random direction. Ever since he came out of his, what Batsy calls depression, he had been trying to find out who he was. His likes, dislikes, heck his entire personality! He stopped at a strawberry patch he stumbled across and took a sniff at them, his tail raised in curiosity and ears perked forward in interest. Did he like strawberries? Now was as good a time as any to find out. He scooped one up with his tongue, let's not even try to understand how he accomplished this, and chewed slowly and thoughtfully, savoring every bit. He decided he liked them and ate a few more before continuing his journey. He hoped he ran into someone. Walks were much more enjoyable when you weren't alone.

OOC: If anyone wants to bring their lovelies out to play Sunny would gladly have them join him.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Re: Searching new paths

Post by Sethelu »

Moon Blaze did a little spin of joy as she flew along. She couldn't wait to be adopted! She had been wandering for a while, thinking about what her aunt had told her and imagining life with a father. Things were going to be very different after her adoption. She knew this would mean new bad things as well as new good things, but she was sure the good would be more than worth the bad. She was going to have a father! She suddenly let out a little squeal of excitement and heard an image of her Sunny come back. Wow, it had been a while since she last saw him. He must be feeling neglected. She quickly flew over to him and landed on a tree branch nearby before shouting Oh my gosh! You're never gonna guess what happened never ever ever never in a million years! Guess what! She hoped she could make up for it by babbling at him constantly and asking about what a daughter should and shouldn't do, him having daughters himself, and she hoped that he could forgive her for ignoring him for all that time. It wasn't fair to him and he deserved a much better Bonded. One that could hear him and wasn't so messed up. But then again, they had both been lost and alone for a time and weren't as whole as they used to be. Maybe they could help each other heal and become stronger from the wounds of the past.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Caustic lead the way. He wasn't typically the sort of stallion that wandered aimlessly and this was no exception. He had a destination in mind, even if he had no idea where he was going. Frolic and BlackIce followed behind, each for their own reasons. For Frolic, at least, she wanted what Caustic did: destination Sunspot.

BlackIce, however... well, there was hardly any way to tell with him. Up to this point he had seemed content to while away time on his proverbial front porch. He was old inside; most days it seemed to make him appear tired and simple.

The trio traveled in silence, although once there would have been plenty of noise. Yet Frolic no longer required volatile emotion to draw her from herself.

They were methodic in their exploration; or at least, Caustic's method was methodic. The others merely followed and acted as extra eyes.

And then they found him. The bright red stallion seemed to be beset by an incessantly chattering little bird-bat creature that sometimes seemed a little larger than other times.

What have you turned yourself into, Caustic said by way of greeting. It was more a demand than a question.

Frolic, for her part, offered a smile as she said Merrily met, Sunspot. It's been a while. And look at us now; how we've changed. This is BlackIce, a bond-mate, she added, giving the talking fluffball a quick look of curiosity by way of inviting an introduction. Was it some sort of pet? It was about half the size of his face, though the longer she looked at it the more uncertain she became of that fact. For a moment it seemed as much as three nose-lengths larger.

Strawberries, BlackIce noted pleasantly, and helped himself to a quick bite. Enjoying a bit of a snack?

He licked juice off his lips and stepped around to get a closer look at the talking fluff, ignoring the fact that he was the only one who wasn't already established among this little group. He had a talent for stealth and observation that went beyond the mere physical; he'd blend in. But first, there was this quavering ball of fluff. What in the name of all that's pure and wild could this chirpy little thing be?

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

Sunspot started at the sudden presence of the others. He looked over and his ears flicked back nervously. Before he could speak he was interrupted by a shrill squeak. OhmygoshIcan'tbelieveit'syouwe'regonnasharethesamerealmandbesoclosebyandInevermetyoubeforeBlackIceandOH. MY. GODDESS! FrolicdidyoureallykissCaustic?Areyoutogethernow?I'MGONNAHAVEADAD! The entire time she was shrieking this she was also flying in little circles right in front of Sunny's face. Sunny just looked at her with a smile on his face, shaking his head fondly. He quickly grabbed her out of the air by the scruff of her neck before dropping her on a nearby branch. Calm down Fuzz-Ball. He turned to Frolic with a happy smile, his ears perked in excitement. He had missed the green mare. It's great to see you again Frolic and I'm glad to see you are doing well. As he turned to Caustic his ears flicked back nervously and his head lowered slightly in submission.I am still not quite sure what I am. But I am goofy, sarcastic, random and like to have fun. I hope that answers your question. His head raised from it's lowered position as he looked at BlackIce curiously.I just stumbled across those and thought now is as good a time as any to see if I liked them or not. They're pretty good.

I KNOW! Aren't they delicious!?! Batsy began hopping up and down, flapping her wings slightly.

Sunny looked on in amusement before remembering his manners. This is Batsy, my Bonded. I'm surprised you haven't already met her considering she's your Bonded's little sister.

Actually, I'm her niece. Her brother is adopting me. I'M GONNA HAVE A DAD!

Sunny paused and looked over at her surprised. This was news to him. When did this happen?

Batsy suddenly froze, and looked at the new-comers. No offense, but why are you here?
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

That's your bonded, Caustic asked as he flattened his ears against the excited squeaking, are you sure it isn't a... pet?

BlackIce smirked, stepping forward to brush his muzzle over the fluff's stomach in a quick tickle. Or at least, to attempt to, if she didn't hop away from him.

It's the fields, he said by way of answer, there's no telling who you'll run across. Then he looked at Sun again and something in his face gentled. I see you've had to deal with his method of unmaking someone in order to rebuild them. I didn't need those... ah, attentions myself, but it is high time I started a little of that same exploring. It's too easy to get confortable sitting around and watching fox pups play.

Yes, I'm quite alright, Frolic said with a laugh in her voice. That was one strange bonded - slightly rude to have asked if they'd kissed, but Darroch had shown her that younglings could often require patience. This one had to be young-or part imp. Those mischievous things were bursting with energy.

For a bonded, Caustic observed ascerbically, you're rather poorly informed. The only 'going to' part for any of that has to do with you and her brother. It's up to you to merge the lands, just as it's up to him to have a place ready for you. Neither of you have been putting in the work; what energies and effort you put into something determines your results. he paused here and looked at Sunspot, his eyes raking over the vibrantly colored form. Why do you think I was the one who rattled your stallion enough to kick him into taking hold of his life. You certainly weren't making him stronger.

Frolic twitched a bit at that, but found she had nothing to counter his rudeness. That's what Caustic did; he beat you with the truth. Sunspot had first-hoof experience with that, and she had a far greater knowledge of it.

BlackIce merely tilted his head. Most of this was new to him.

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

Batsy froze, before her head slowly turned to face Caustic. Sunny had a very bad feeling about this.

Yeah, listen buzz-kill when I got Sunny I was going through my own crap that needed taking care of. And I have no idea how to work energies. LOOK AT ME!!! I'm TINY! I'm tiny and young. I spent the last who knows how long just trying to survive. So I'm behind on my lessons. And stop being such a grumpy head of lettuce! With that she slumped down, wrapped her wings around herself, and began pouting. Sunny could just stare at her in horror. She just tried to tell off Caustic! You just don't do that. He took a tiny step closer to her just in case he needed to grab her and run.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")