Next Generation (Babbiiess)

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Re: Next Generation (Babbiiess)

Post by Rainer »

A delightful shiver ran down her spine at the warmth the flame provided, chasing the chill from her bones. She continued on as she considered Astarte's question, something her parents had told her not so long ago came to mind.

"My mom told me that foal's seem to come in 'baby booms', she called it. She said it meant that there were many babys born around the same general time. She was born in one years ago... So I guess we're part of the new baby boom?"

Ether had simply huffed in silent protest when SaphireSpin was telling her this story, a phrase along the lines of 'an old friend of mine is having a baby this season as well...' made Ether finally stomp off, muttering something about people to see. SaphireSpin didn't seem phased.

That made the filly hold her tongue on the whole 'where do babys come from' subject.

Bella quickened her pace slightly as they drew closer, wanting to get there as the sun pressed down on the horizon. She could see the icey surface peaking between the trees, bit of pink and orange already melting with the glassy top.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Astarte chuckled slightly at the mention of a 'baby boom', even though some part of her blushed on the inside. She was just at the age where mating carried a delightful taboo, and the thought of a season where the normally stoic older serians she knew were struck down by Cupid's arrow - well, it was a silly thought.

"I think my father might have been born during one as well." She trotted a little faster, enticed by the glimmer of the mirror-like lake in the distance. "It was only one circle that time, I think. Have you met any others?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

The question seemed to stump her for a moment, before she muttered a quiet "Nope..". Father had never let her be exposed to much, trying to form her into something of his liking. "I don't get out much."

All of a sudden she burst into an extended gallop, lanky legs quickly eating up the ground beneath her. A large leap flung her through air from the edge of the frozen shore. Her knees buckled as she hit the ice to absorb the landing and sent her skating across the frozen top of the lake. A dainty hoof nicked a lump in the ice, causing her to lose her balance and all four legs went in all directions, sending her sliding in circles on her belly. Laughter cracked through darkening sky.

"C'mon! You're not chicken, are you?!"

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Astarte laughed aloud at her playmate's antics. She had never known the abandonment of play, only brief sparring or conversation. While her bondmates were adept guardians and teachers, they did lack the carefree attitude necessary for proper child's play. She was probably much too old for her time as a result.

But not old enough to draw back from a challenge.

Her eyes narrowed and she backed up a little, gauging her distance and making sure she wouldn't inadvertently land on her new friend. The flame was starting to buzz anxiously near her ear. She wondered for a moment how it could do that, and then made her run. Her legs were stronger as she was older and more sure of herself; she managed to stay upright with the landing though her hind legs wobbled a bit. She let out a breathless giggle.

"Not scared at all!"

She looked back at the edge of the lake where the flame was darting about like a worried nanny. "Now, how exactly do we get back?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Easy!" was exclaimed fairly enthusiastically, even as she was struggling to regain her footing. Despite the slipping and huffs of frustration at her lack of leg control, she managed to skate her way across the glass and set foot in the deep snow once more.

The sun was beginning to set, dark curtains beginning to close in the trees around them. Bella seemed to hesitate for a moment upon noticing, time had slipped away from her. A soft voice in the distance made a delicate ear flick back to listen, a sigh escaping as her head drooped.

"I think it's time to go home..." She visibly pouted, glancing back at her new friend on the ice.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Astarte nodded as she watched Bella skate her way to the shore. She copied her friend's motions, equally unsure, tripping over a few cracks but overall managing to keep her footing and dignity. As she stepped onto land the flame dashed over, circling her body in quick loops as if it were looking her over. She ignored it, face to the darkening sky.

"I suppose it is getting dark," she murmured in reply. She could no longer pick up any traces of Avi nearby, and while it made her a little worried, she was confident that he trusted her to find him again.

"Shall I walk you home?" she offered, with a shy smile. She wasn't sure if it was too bold an offer--maybe the filly's family was a private circle--but she didn't want to lose her companion even as the night fell.