Next Generation (Babbiiess)

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Re: Next Generation (Babbiiess)

Post by Rainer »

"Goddess?" She considered this carefully for a moment, looking her new friend over before adding with a smile: "Yeah, I can see it."

The young one seemed to go into deep thought for a moment, suddenly feeling like maybe her own father had high expectations for her. Warrior? She certainly didn't feel very brave all the time...

"Father is a rogue.. Maybe he wants me great things for me too." It didn't last long before she shrugged it off, pondering the next comment. A desert? She didnt have even the faintest idea of what that could be. "Desert?" Immediatly feeling flustered, she jumped at the chance to change the subject. "Yes! Just a few minutes away, actually" A cheeky grin didn't fail to accompany her words.

Mother had never spoken the name Mirage before, but Hinote... She can remember father saying it briefly in passing one time, earning himself a quick glare from his female companion. Her own blank eyes scanned the tree line around them, searching for whoever was supposed to be there.

"SaphireSpin, daughter of Frolic and Spin.. And Ether of Celestial Light." It felt so automatic to say, but strange at the same time.They had only ever been mother and father to her.

"So if you're not from around here... Why did you come?" Even if her question could be taken as rude, it didn't carry any of the intention. She was bluntly curious, a trait possibly passed down from either of her fiery parents.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Astarte blushed at the filly's assessment, tossing her head a bit. "It's kind of you to say that, though I think it would suit you more than me...especially if your father is a rogue. That's quite the pedigree."

Her own Avi had aspired to be a Warrior once, as were his fellow bonded. Amma always said he had a Warrior's heart and that was enough, and now he was gentler at least. Or more settled in his skin. It felt odd to know such things about one's parent, but Astarte had always known things. She hardly said them though - and the puzzlement on her companion's face snapped her from the train of thought. Bellatrix must've been as unfamiliar with the concept as she was with the winter and snow. Still, the filly recovered well and Astarte couldn't help but admire the poise.

"So you are familiar with the seasons changing?" she asked, lightly, kicking up the powder fluff and snorting in amusement as the fireglow chased down the flakes like a small dog. "The desert is unchanging mostly, just sand and sky forever. I guess that's why I came here, Avi-
father said I should learn about other environments."

The names that the little filly mentioned seemed oddly familiar to her, SaphireSpin at least...but her parents' exchanges were things she ought not to listen to. Besides, it had never been mentioned with any malice and they would be glad she made a friend nonetheless.

"Do you come out to play often?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Bellatrix seemed surprised at Astarte's words about her 'pedigree'. She had never really thought of it that way. "I think we're that special... Grandpa thinks he's dangerous, but father has never shown me what makes him a rogue.."

Her gaze turned to settle on the small firespark as it played with the snow, a small giggle escaping her. Bellatrix seemed slightly more subdued then before, not quite as playful.

"Seasons...?" She hadn't seen all the seasons yet, being about 6 months old. She had seen the snow fall and some melt in preparation for spring, her mother had told her. She had yet to smell the flowers, feel the summer heat, or watch the leaves turn red in fall. "No, I suppose not... What's the sand feel like?" Head was tilted slightly in curiousity, taking the chance to pick the other girl's brain.

She was intrigued by the filly's opportunity to go learn, briefly wishing her own father took her on trips too...

At the mention of play, her expression seemed to lighten. "Everyday!" She grinned and began prancing sideways into the trees, keeping her eyes on her new friend, "You wanna go?"

There was no explanation of what she meant by 'go', just the offer. She was reaching out, the promise of an adventure laid out on the table.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Astarte bit her lip slightly as Bellatrix's mood seemed to dampen - she had mentioned too much perhaps? Of destinies and such...they were still children after all. It's just that she hadn't been around other foals before, not for long at least. And she was apparently much older than her companion, who had never seen the seasons pass.

"Ah, sand is like..." she wracked her brain for a comparison that the other filly could grasp, choosing to ignore the brief mention of family drama between Bellatrix's sire and grandsire. "Do you know sugar? It's kind of like that...but warm..."

She broke off at Bellatrix's offer, ears perking up excitedly. "I'd love to!"

She looked around, but still no sign of Avi. Well, he could sense her still, perhaps, and Bellatrix had said they wouldn't go far. She doubted she would get into any trouble her Avi could not arrive in time to get her out of. She smiled at her friend, shaking off her doubts. "Where to?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

ooc| I sorry, I sorry! I so so sorry! ^^;;

bic| "Sugar?" Bellatrix licked her lips in thought of some of the candy her bonded often gave her when she visited, which would always earn a sigh from either of her parents. A hyperactive few hours generally followed.

The little filly shrugged, bouncing through the snow in a randomly chosen direction. She tossed her slightly ashen blue forelock out of her eyes to allow a better survey of where they were going, the mowhawk that was her mane gently flopping off and on her neck. She pricked up her fluffy tail in excitement as she realized; to the lake! It wasn't very far at all, a couple minutes walk maybe. Surely it would still be mostly ice, but as the sun started to lower it would still be quite the site to behold.

She continued to plod along, glancing over her shoulder see if her new found friend was following.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

ooc| don't worry about it :)

Astarte tossed her head and followed Bella's bouncing gait. The snow crunched under her hooves, sounding like the friendly snap of kindling in a stove. It was funny how to two such different elements could sound the same.

The flame zipped past her ear and hovered in front of her like a shivering firefly, staking out its spot in between the two fillies. It flared up, almost like it was trying to provide a little heat for both bodies. Astarte wondered if that was in the original spell.

"Think that there are there many foals in these fields?"