Wandering

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Re: Wandering

Post by Sethelu »

He had heard of Sign from his bonded. Quite a lot actually. Not as much about Path. He watched her trot towards the trees thoughtfully. After a minute he followed her.

I don't have any bond-mates. Moon Blaze can handle only me for now. My home is a giant, yellow field. The yellow color comes from the dried out, knee high grass that covers most of it. It's a perfect circle, and at one end there is a shallow pond with a stretch of beach in front of it. It is enclosed by a thick forest with brown, dead leaves. If you stand at the pond you can see the tops of mountains in the distance. The sun shines most of the time. There are only three hours of night. He blinked the mist out of his eyes, and looked back at her. Realizing he had been rambling, he tried to make amends by asking, And what of your home? What is it like where you live?

He really did want to know how this interesting mare lived.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She had just opened her mouth to reply - some general reply of it being a rain forest, a lot of wet and green - when the air shimmered two inches in front of her nose and resolidified around a very large, grey coated grizzly bear.

Ah, here you are. I kept getting small spikes of an odd energy around you; is all well?

Blinking, Frolic took a half step back, bringing SunSpot into better view as she said They are. SunSpot, my bonded. Shine, this is a new acquaintance, SunSpot. We were speaking of our homes.

Songhue blinked her head at the stranger and turned back to Frolic - then flipped her head back around to stare at him some more. There was something in his energy signature that was all too familiar.

Your name is SunSpot? Greetings and well met... Where is it you call home, stranger?

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

His eyes had widened at the sight of the grizzly bear. This was Moon Blaze's sister? Moon Blaze was just a little bat, how could these two be sisters? He finally registered the question and quickly answered,

R-Rainbow Meadows. My bonded, Moon Blaze, told me about you. That you are usually stern and tough, but you can also be caring and nurturing when you need to be. That it was you, in fact, that was the first to invite her into your clan.

He seriously hoped he hadn't said the wrong thing and gotten Moon Blaze in trouble.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Blinking, the grizzly - well, Songhue - frowned, peering a fair bit closer at this bright red fellow before her.

I told you, Frolic said, sounding rather miffed, your bonded can't-

She speaks with you openly, apparently. This is a good thing, yet I will have to caution her of the proper usage of True Names; again. Speak of her as Batsy in most circumstances; this is her Given name.

Frolic actually jerked her head back in surprise, watching as the grizzly sat down, got comfortable and began sniffing around in an seemingly absent manner. You've had peaches?

Oi. The creature could sure be random at times.

You have a sister, then? I thought few of your kind remained.

Precious few indeed. she mumbled, riffling through her fur for a moment to get out a grass burr. Would you mind hailing her, SunSpot? Would that I have a word. And go on, Frolic, you were saying before?

Squinting irritably, Frolic gave the grizzly a hard stare; Songhue merely looked blandly back at her. Blast it all, but the Strangeling was right aggravating at times! At least now she knew who part of this mysterious 'clan' was; which meant the others now did as well.

My home is a rain forest, Frolic whickered, turning her attention back towards the stallion and brushing aside her embarrassment for having been so utterly misinformed. It's fairly typical, a lot of green and plants and as much water in the air with each breath as there is constantly dripping off the leaves. It's as wet as the river. Here and there are a few odd trees or other plants that grow in such a way as to be used as stepping stones; I can reach the very top of canopy this way, compare the world up there that's so full of sun to the twilight wetness of where I live below.

It was a fair enough description, though both she and her bonded could have said more - much more. They were both tied into the land itself, a part of the very realm. They knew every leaf, every creature, every drop of water; and still they were constantly finding more.

My favorite thing about home would have to be the Tiger Lilies, though. They're grown special for me. I have an area surrounded by nothing else, and I sleep there, curled in the middle of their blossoms. I love the giant flowers and different plants that make up my stormy home.

For a moment - only a moment - Frolic actually sounded... Happy.

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

He thought about her request and tried to quickly get 'Batsy' as she was called over there. A burst of what seemed to be moonlight illuminated the area and a small feathered bat flew and hung from one of the trees near-by.

You called Sunny? She asked. She looked over and noticed the grizzly. Hey sissy! Whatcha doing here? I was just hanging out before Sunny called. Eh? Eh? Oh, come on! This is comedy gold over here!He couldn't help but chuckle at her weak display. Ha! Sunspot thinks i'm funny! He just shook his head. Sometimes she was too cute for her own good.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Songhue grinned a bit, automatically rolling her eyes. Ah, cubs. They always had a rather special sense of humor.

Hey, youngling. It's time for your next lesson; it seemed appropriate to give it while these two got to know each other better.

Oh, you are so not treating this as a Play Date, are you?

Tiger Lily, to be perfectly frank I do not need to use you as an excuse to speak to this particular bat. This is no more of a play date than you are a kitten.

Properly chastised and blinking in surprise, Frolic turned to the bat in the tree, blinked again at the illusion of the little thing being covered in feathers, and then looked once more at the stallion. Well, then.

While those two odd creatures talk, how about you go show me what games you do know, she invited, more than happy to completely blow off both of the bondeds. There has to be something you can do, after all.