Walking Shadows {Open}

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Walking Shadows {Open}

Post by Songhue »

No. Think. Look where you are; you did that. Why are you afraid?

It was none of his business, of course. But the sudden trembling in this other, the blatant fear once he looked up and realized where he was; it was too rich for Caustic to pass up.

You did this.

Shiro was touching the stand with his front hooves now, stretching his neck as high as he could to see into the opening. He couldn't see Sunspot at all, but it weren't for lack of tryin!

What would the stranger do now that he was stuck between facing off with Caustic or admitting to his own abilities?

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

He looked at him in shock. He wants to know why he's afraid of the dark? Okay.

I'm newly rebonded and the darkness reminds me of the time I was abandoned and the horrible soul crushing loneliness that nearly kills me just from the memory of it. he said quickly in one breath. It makes my body weak and my heart feel like something is crushing it. The darkness reminds me of the pain that I want to forget. he said honestly. He didn't know why he was pouring his heart out to the scariest stallion he's ever met, but he felt better after his confession. Lighter somehow. His shaking lessened and the cave suddenly looked a little less imposing. Weird.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

He waited, listened. The answer wasn't all that surprising.

Fool, he said, not unkindly, You look behind rather than ahead or even directly in front of you. You came in here, on your own. You mastered this with your eyes closed. A warrior's focus is directly upon what is relevant; what your opponent is currently doing, what his next move may be. We look behind only to learn; to anticipate a move that had previously been proven against us. You are no warrior, clearly, yet you can use this. Look at where you are, what you accomplish even now. Become the Master of your own life. You are not as you perceive, but as you choose to be.

Shiro was beyond shocked. Caustic did not talk; not normally. And really, he had never heard anything such as that from the stallion before. He was... Unmaking Sunspot. And allowing the recreation to be done by the vibrant red stallion, rather than handling it himself.

Even just as a bystander Shiro felt the backlash sting of that. His head was swimming slightly, forcing him to examine his own view points, his own realities; what may just be his personal perception of who and what he was, rather than a true example of how he might choose to be true to his core self in another way.

Was he happy being taken care of all the time, for example; was that why he was out here on his own, stepping away from his mate for a moment? Or was it really a simple matter of living as his own Serian for a little bit in order not to lose himself in being a 'couple'?

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

He could only stare. He blinked and that small action made his brain work again. He began thinking about what he was missing now because he was stuck in the past. Reuniting with his circle, learning the land again, getting to know his new Bonded. But the past hurt so much. It was a struggle to live normally and not curl up and let the pain destroy him. He was scared that his new Bonded would be a big flake and make him feel that pain again. But... she's always been there for him. All those nights he would lay in fear of the darkness she laid with him, filling him with the feeling of love and it helped him get through the night. She had even tried to help reunite with his mate. He suddenly felt guilty for the way he just brushed her off most of the time when she was trying to help him have another chance. Just the other day his Bonded complained that he was keeping her from sleep because of his fear of darkness. He then began thinking about his actions up until now. Did he really come on this walk to explore or was he just trying to distract himself from his troubles? Was he pushing Moon Blaze away because he was scared of being hurt again? He began to feel ashamed when he thought of what a selfish brat he had been to her. 'I'm so sorry,' he thought, wishing that she could hear him. He once again heard someone whispering in his head. It's okay, they told him. His eyes brightened a little. She was always looking out for him, whether he wanted her to or not. His lips turned up in a small, barely noticeable smile. Maybe this time, things will work out and he won't have to feel that pain again.

He looked at Caustic and asked What should I make myself into? He didn't know who or what he wanted to be. All he did since being rebonded is exist. He didn't know what else to do. He didn't know what else he could do.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Snorting, Caustic shook his mane and took a half a step back. What should he make himself into? What sort of fool asked another to decide the shape of his being?

Without another word, Caustic turn and leaped back into the water, Shiro landing at his heels. This one needed time to himself now; time to shape his own future, his own self.

Setting their sights on the shoreline, Caustic made his way back towards the beach and perked his ears eagerly at the thought of being rid of this horrid, light reflecting, blindingly bright sea that was so horribly full of life.

Shiro just wanted to see what would happen next. xD

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

He watched them leave with a sad expression on his face. Then, seeming to suddenly realize he was free, he bolted out of the cave and into the water. He swam to the shoreline and plopped onto the sand. He breathed a sigh of relief glad that it was over. After laying for a minute he dragged himself back up and headed back home. He couldn't wait to tell Moon Blaze about everything that had happened.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")