Down to the Root

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Down to the Root

Post by Songhue »

Progress!

This was one thing he couldn't quite understand in other creatures; this prevalent, all-encompassing fear of something. His thoughts on This bad thing could happen! ran along the lines of So?

Actually, Sundrop - he rather liked that - seemed just as illogical when they first met. Maybe Seth had a thing for nitwits.

Why am I here? he asked, a silky grin spreading over his muzzle, I'm here because some half-brained fool has been causing trouble for someone I'm quite happy to kill for. And for the sake of a hobby.

Leaning back so that he wasn't a half breath away from stepping on Blackie any more, Caustic closed his eyes a moment and tilted his face to the overcast sky. He was admittedly disappointed; he'd been looking forward to a good fight. Foregoing that, he gathered up that "power of presence" and pushed it again, releasing the tight eagerness for battle by feeding it to the sky. If he couldn't make someone bleed, he could bleed his tension into world; anyone near enough may think that there had been blood flow.

Deep inside he felt his bond thrum, a tingling sensation tightening in his core; his release of the tension spread down his link as well as outwards, to be shared with and absorbed by his bonded. She understood the darkness in him; she reflected it back.

Releasing a breath, he leveled his gaze at Blackie again and said You don't use your brain very often, do you?

It wouldn't do any good to point out the obvious; that trying to force a new bonded to write him off would only expedite his fears. Or that his fear made things larger than they were. Blackie had already said that he saw no point in changing now; he'd already done too much damage, to his mind.

Here's a little-known fact for you. She told you. She didn't just up and drop you, didn't ditch you without warning or effort. She's giving you a chance. Now tell me, you angry little creature, why would she give you this chance if it would prove fruitless to take it? If it was really too late, you'd be gone.

Dunderhead.

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

He scowled at the brain comment. That was low. But he did have a point. She yells at him because he pushes her buttons, but she's still keeping him. He thought about it and answered I'm new. I'm her new play thing that she's gonna play with for a week and even though I'm defective she's gonna keep banging me until I do what she wants and when she sees I won't she'll move on to something more interesting and cooperative. Think what you want of me for saying that, I don't care. I haven't cared in a long time. It was true that it had been awhile since he cared what someone thought of him. And they left him. He became angry because it was easier than being a ball of weeping fur. He had looked up to and respected his bonded and had seen them as a parent figure. His own parents had left him when he was very young. No one knew who they were. When his bonded left him he began to feel like no one wanted him. If his own parents didn't want him, how could anyone else. He snapped out of his reverie and looked back at the other stallion, waiting to see what he would do. He wasn't afraid of pain. He had raised himself so he had learned life lessons the hard way. After all, the worst this guy could do was maim him for life. What was there to be afraid of?
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

He raised an eyebrow, surprised in a way he never had been with Sundrop - at how determinedly ignorant this guy was.

You aren't worth having an opinion over, he crooned, turning his nose up ever-so-slightly, not to me. But you are for her. It would be very easy for me to inform her of your opinion of her efforts to shake you out of your funk.

Snorting, he gave Blackie a cockeyed glance and added You missed it; you chose to come back, to rebond. You took a chance on her. She took a chance on you. Now that you've chosen each other you're going to ditch her, before she can ditch you. I think I should inform her, let her know; you're so sure she's a worthless bond that she could save a lot of hassle by ending this game now.

Shrugging, he looked back over Blackie's shoulder, where Seth and Sundrop had left. If you're too coward to follow through with your own commitments, she shouldn't hold onto hers and counter all the pain you cause those under her care.

Caustic flicked a casual ear as he looked back at the stallion. He was perfectly serious; nothing would change like this, not with Blackie being so shortsighted he was practically crosseyed.

He was beginning to miss Sunny; it was far more interesting than this confused pile of misery. He'd yet to see any sign of a fighter in there, anything to indicate he could survive the growing pains and shred the self-illusions. There was no strength under all the bluster; nothing to hint at an iron will.

It was quite pathetic.
Last edited by Songhue on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

He blinked. Caustic was serious. Okay. Whatever. I don't care. He did care. He wanted a new home. Someone to care for him and want him. But he was too afraid of being rejected again. He sighed and began weighing his options. He could either drop his facade and risk rejection, or keep pushing until she snapped and definitely get rejected. Well, when you put it that way. He sighed again and looked up at Caustic a little sheepishly. Okay, okay. I'm an idiot. I don't want her to give up any more than I want to hug you. So, I'm gonna stop being stupid and try. He felt like kicking himself. Now he got why they sent him to this guy. He dropped the truth on your head. His ears perking forward for the first time all day, he looked at Caustic and asked So, what happens now?
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Now, he rumbled, you're going to get a kick in the teeth.

With that, he lifted his head again and used what magic he had to the best of his abilities. His talents didn't go so far as to be able to trace the bonds all the way back to the little fluffle Seth; many could, but not him. Instead, he found the link to his own bonded and gave it a twang, asking her to do what he couldn't and summon the young bonded.

As soon as she returned, he'd be able to put an end to this whole mess. Though he silently promised himself that if this Black Thorn began to slip he'd personally kick his butt until the stallion couldn't stand. He never had gotten his fight; to his mind, that meant he was simply waiting for a chance to beat this tiny little fool.

But not now. Now, the bonded had to arrive. There were things to be done.

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

Black Thorn backed away wondering what he did to get the kick. He was showing progress, usually that was a good thing. But he didn't kick him. He wasn't sure what Caustic was doing but it wasn't kicking him. Not that he was disappointed. Next thing he knew Moony flew in and perched on a nearby branch. Done already? No, he looks beaten, but not broken. So, why am I here? She had been eavesdropping the entire time, but she didn't want them to know that. She was still hurt that he would think so little of her. Then again, she wasn't much better. Before she was officially adopted she foolishly thought they had just taken her in out of pity and because they were low on others of their kind. She remembered nights curled up shivering in fear of losing everything and being alone again. Now she has a hard time remembering she was ever alone at all. It was really stupid now that she thinks of it. She instantly felt bad for treating him so bad. It wasn't helping things. But neither was he. Maybe this would help both of them.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")