Returning to the Fields (Open RP)

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Returning to the Fields (Open RP)

Post by Krinlith »

It had been many moons since MoonFyreLilly had been in the "civilized" part of Sionayra. Things were a lot neater than she was used to. Calmer, too. Now that she was Bonded again, things felt a lot different, as well. It had been a long time, and she had to get used to that feeling of oneness that comes with the territory again. Not that she was complaining, mind you. She just had to get used to sharing a mind with another once more. He was eager and kind, but nervous. Fyre understood his nerves; she shared them. He had made a promise to her and to his sister to do his absolute best, and there was something about it that made her believe him. It seemed like there was a determination in his eyes that she just couldn't quite describe. It had to be seen.

From what she understood, Krinlith, her new Bonded, had had an interesting time trying to find a Serian. Some attacked immediately, others threw themselves at him in a way that made Krin (and her, when she heard of it) uncomfortable (to say the least). Once they met, however, things just seemed to click, and they just got each other immediately. He was an odd one though, she had to admit. He was a shifter; a Strangeling like Songhue. She had seen some of the things Songhue could do, and if he could do things like that, she knew she wouldn't have anything to worry about. Not that she normally did; She had learned how to take care of herself fairly quickly. Still, it was nice to have someone else to care for her.
She could get used to this.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Re: Returning to the Fields (Open RP)

Post by Sethelu »

Sunspot was out roaming the fields, just enjoying stretching his legs and getting out of his meadow. Not only did his mate move closer, but one of his daughters is now one of his bond-mates! Things were going so great for them all. Sirensong and Paint were on a brother/sister date, Shadowstar was solving a mystery, and Black Thorn was learning to be kind to others. Sunspot himself had finally seen the upside of Caustic actually liking him. Just when you think it can't get any better, it gets better! How can it get better now? Right after he had that thought, he saw a purple mare with flames on her legs and large pink dragonfly wings that got darker closer to the tips. A potential friend? It got better! He trotted up to her but left a respectful distance between them, just in case she didn't want company. Hello, my name is Sunspot, but everybody calls Sunny. What's your name? he asked giving her a welcoming smile. He hoped she wasn't going to send him away. Or maim him. He would not like to be maimed.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

As Fyre was getting herself lost in thought, a red Serian with bright markings that shone like the sun came up and introduced himself. "Sunspot," she thought, "How fitting." His personality matched his name. He was the sunniest little Serian she'd seen in quite some time. It kind of threw her off, the suddenness of his arrival. That, or she was really lost in thought. That happened sometimes, too. "Hi Sunspot, I'm MoonFyreLilly, but you can call me Fyre if you wish. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." she replied, and it was. She had spent so much time by herself, now having a Bonded and meeting new Serians was a nice change of course for her.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

Moonfyrelily!? She was bonded to Moony's father. She wouldn't stop talking about it. Seriously, when that girl's excited, you can't get a word in edge wise. He grinned widely and said Your bonded is Krinlith, right? Because if he is then you just got a lot of extended bond-mates. Welcome to the family cousin! he shouted happily. And by a lot, he meant a LOT. Seriously, you lose count after fifty.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Extended family? This was getting more interesting by the minute.
"Yes, he is. I'm glad that I chose how I did, then. I hope to meet my extended family, then. I look forward to it!" She said, with a smile in her eyes. Things were definitely looking up for Fyre.
-Groucho Marx

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Speaking of that extended bond-family, a couple of them had decided to take a wander as well.

Thyme, a quiet-spoken, woods loving stallion, and BlackIce, and old soul who had recently begun to discover the joys of adventuring thanks to Darroch, had struck off on their own. There wasn't much of a reason for it outside of deciding that they spent far too little time out enjoying life, and far too much of it sitting on their respective "front porches."

They'd been racing for a while, enjoying the feel of having their blood pound through their ears. It was good to really stretch their legs again! Finally, BlackIce pulled up short and gave a whicker, calling Thyme to his side.

You spotted something, the herb-scented stallion grinned. BlackIce nodded, keeping his ears firmly forward as he listened for any sign of potential danger. Even here in the Fields he wasn't quite tamed enough to relax; there was a reason he'd spent his entire abandonment making sure his sister was safe.

Do you think it's her? Thyme asked softly, gently touching the other stallion's shoulder with his nose. A long moment passed before the Indigo blue-black stallion shook his head; it wasn't her, not any of the "her"s that had been first in his mind. The scent that he caught traveling in the fickle breeze wasn't that of his mother, nor of either sister. He thought of them often; they were safe now, happy, but he missed them.

Strangers, he admitted, and finally glanced away from the figures in the distance to grin at his bondmate. Feel like making some new friends?

I don't see why not, Thyme grinned back, and followed his friend and Circlemate off to begin a grand new adventure. Neither of them knew quite what to expect, but with their hooves thundering over the open field and the grass tickling their hocks it didn't seem to matter. They were here again, visiting the place of their birth, and by the looks of the mare especially they'd found an interesting introduction in their first outing together as Circlemates.

Hopefully, interesting wouldn't turn into dangerous, but there was really only the one way to find out.