Returning to the Fields (Open RP)

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Re: Returning to the Fields (Open RP)

Post by Sethelu »

Sunny stared in awe at Thyme and BlackIce. That was really cool! He grinned and said I'm game! What about you Fyre? Do you like this game?

Fyre suggested a game in the first place. He didn't find it fair that she be excluded from the vote. That would be rude, and that wasn't how he wanted to start things with his new cousin. Or anyone for that matter.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

"I think that sounds like a great idea! she said, a bit giggly from the excitement. "Would you like to start us off, Sunny? Then the rest of us will join in."
MoonFyreLilly was definitely enjoying having company like this again, and a family (a very extended family, at that, it seemed). She was already getting herself comfortable with them, and in such a short time. That was very comforting to her.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

Sunny thought about it a moment, wondering what he should do. Then, deciding on something easy, he trotted forward and did three little bucks. He was sure everyone could do it, and it would warm them up for something harder.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

BlackIce was surprised, expecting a challenge straight away - that was typically how it went between him and his bondmates. There was a certain competitiveness, a chance to show off in this game, that not even Sign passed up (she would regularly best them with aquatic moves).

Some, naturally, had advantages or disadvantages from their physical status. Darroch was great at using those wings of his to aid his balance, while Hybrid was known to gain a little extra stability from his back claws. It was rather hard to think of anyone having trouble for similar reasons before; they all compensated for their differences so well that none of them were aware of any true shortcomings. Besides that, the game was a chance to show off your best moves to be mirrored, so their focus was typically on being clever with their own performances.

Honestly it just served as proof that he and Thyme had been far too long secluded in their homes, when they were surprised by the differences between their relationship with bondmates and others.

Thyme, to his credit, was more curious than he was surprised. As he and BlackIce mirrored the bucks he kept a close eye on both Sundrop and Fyre, waiting to see how this game would develop. He wasn't sure about her talent for the game as he had never played it with her before; and he had no idea what this bright colored stallion might have in mind. It would prove interesting.

It was just another way that the two earned their nicknames, in the end. BlackIce was a little more set in his ways, much like an old grandfather. Thyme was capable of blending and adjusting quite wonderfully, the same way a Dryad was indistinguishable from the trees they were part of and loved so much.

And while each knew what the other would be thinking at that moment, they knew each other well enough not to find the differences odd. Though different, they complemented one another; it was the reason they had become Circlemates. They simply fit well.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

As Fyre copied Sunny's moves, she thought of just what it was like before she was bonded with Krinlith. She kind of just survived, and did what she had to in order to get through the day as safely as possible. Being abandoned is painful, but now...that pain was gone. Getting to know a bonded again was kind of fun. He was a tad absent-minded, but smart. From what she could tell, he had a million thoughts going through his head at once, and could only keep track of so many. She was quite the opposite. Her thoughts were very organized and concise. She was a very "A leads to B leads to C", while he was "A leads to 74 leads to Alpha Centauri". Although after bonding with him, she found that her mind tended to wander a bit more. The whole experience was strange, especially seeing it through his eyes, as she was his first bonded. It gave it a fresh perspective for her that she definitely appreciated.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

No sooner had they finished their mimickry did Thyme lift his head, glancing at BlackIce with a strange intensity. Before they could wait for Sunspot to choose the next 'reflection' to imitate, BlackIce nodded and Thyme merely trotted off. Within moments he was gone.

Something had summoned the striped stallion, some sensation that there was not exploring where he should; and in all honesty, he wasn't. He'd been tagging along with BlackIce. But this wasn't where he was meant to be; adventure awaited elsewhere.

The look, the nod, was all they had needed. BlackIce understood; sometimes, one was called to wander. It was the first time he'd known Thyme to be called, but that simply made it more significant. He'd be a fool to ignore it.

What's next? he asked, smiling at the companions that were left. Let the game continue!