Star-Crossed Lovers

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Star-Crossed Lovers

Post by Sethelu »

OOC| Is the title cute, or just tacky? If it's tacky I'll change it.

BIC| Shadowstar waited nervously at the entrance to Talia's territory, hopping from hoof to hoof anxiously. She had pretty much been kicked out of her own territory by her bondmates because she was running around trying to pretty herself. She had bathed in SilentDance's pond and came out smelling like cherry blossoms. Spectrum had used her winds to braid her mane and tail, and SilentDance had woven some flowers in them. Sirensong gave her a beautiful shell necklace, each as lovely as a jewel. She was surprised at how nervous she was. She was usually able to take things as they came like her mother does, but right now she thought she was gonna explode into a pile of nerves and worries. She grimaced as she fidgeted again. Stallion, she really hoped she wouldn't mess this up.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Talia
Elder
Elder

Re: Star-Crossed Lovers

Post by Talia »

OOC: It's adorable, don't worry about it! <3

BIC:

Realm had been fidgeting all day, both anxious and excited for his upcoming date with the beautiful mare he had met mere days ago. Truth be told, he wasn't sure how to react, and he wasn't sure of what was proper- he had never been on a date before. His nervousness was so apparent that Galaxy kindly took the young stallion under his wing. By the time Realm was ready to go, he looked presentable and was feeling slightly more confident.

As he left Talia's cottage with a gentle nudge from Galaxy, his heart felt light, and his hooves flew over the earth with seemingly effortless speed. On his way, he paused to gather a few wildflowers into a makeshift bouquet. Finally happy with his efforts, he sped off to their meeting place.

As he rounded the corner, he caught sight of her and he paused dead in his tracks, his bouquet all but hanging out of his mouth. With a few faltering steps he approached her, his anxiety returning tenfold.

You look... beautiful, he said haltingly, struggling for words. He chuckled quietly for a moment as he regarded his bouquet once more. I suppose this was a silly idea, seeing as how you already have flowers of your own, he added, gesturing towards her woven mane.

He put the bouquet at her hooves but not before plucking one flower from the bunch- a bright, cheerful daisy. With a smile, and a great amount of courage, he leaned close and wove the daisy into her mane amongst the other flowers. Satisfied, he stepped back and smiled warmly at her. There- a small present from me to you. I hope you don't find it too presumptuous... he said, now slightly embarrassed. He sounded confident enough, surely, but his heart was hammering rapidly in his chest.

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

Shadowstar felt her face heating in a blush at both Realm's words and his bold move. She smiled at him shyly and answered Thank you. You do too. Look beautiful I mean. Uh, handsome! Yes, handsome. More than usual, anyway. Wait, what? She squeezed her eyes shut in embarrassment before focusing on the flowers at her hooves. She gave them a sniff before picking them up. For the record, she said looking at him again I love the flowers. And that you're thoughtful enough to bring a gift. I only wish I had something for you in return. She felt foolish for not even considering it. She began looking around for something that would make an adequate gift, when an idea suddenly struck her. Making a bold move herself, she closed the distance between them, put down the flowers, leaned forward and gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek. She picked her flowers back up and moved away again, her blush increasing ten fold. I hope that makes up for it she said, hardly daring to breathe.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

He smiled as she stumbled over her words, but his expression wasn't one of teasing. He found her nervousness endearing, and she seemed genuinely sweet and shy, albeit a bit flustered by his forwardness. He waited quietly for her to gather her confidence again. When she glanced at the flowers and started to speak, he was afraid that he had made an error in judgement by bringing them. What if they weren't the kind she liked? What if she was allergic? He almost began to panic, but her next words put him at ease. He shook his head and chuckled slightly in response.

Not at all! he started to say, No gifts are necessary, I just thought you would like-

His sentence completely petered out as she kissed him, and he stood there completely at a loss for words, mouth agape like a complete fool. Once he realized how silly he must look, he shut his mouth quickly with a nervous smile, his own face flushed with surprise. He hadn't expected that!

It more than makes up for it, he replied softly, his mouth now upturned into a brilliant smile.

He offered her a light nuzzle in return, as much as he dared at the moment with both of their nerves as jangled as they were.

So, he continued, still all smiles, I didn't make many plans for today. I didn't want to be presumptuous. I thought you might have your own ideas about what you would like to see or do. Is there anywhere in particular that you would like to go?

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

Shadowstar smiled at him shyly, before looking around. Let's take a walk and get to know each other better. I heard that's what you're supposed to do on dates. she suggested with a sweet smile. She really wanted things to work out between them. He seemed like such a great stallion. She began walking in a random direction, trying to think of something to talk about. Then she smiled and said Tell me something true! before realizing he'd have no idea what she was talking about. Feeling foolish she quickly elaborated It's a game my Bonded likes to play with us. We say 'Tell me something true' and the one you're playing with tells you something true about themselves. It can be something small or something big or even something strange. It just has to be true. She felt the blush staining her cheeks, and began cursing the strange reaction to embarrassment. If she didn't stop blushing, they'd be permanently darker than the rest of her body. She blew a stray lock of hair out of her eyes in slight irritation at herself. Looks like she didn't inherit her mother's emotional strength. Oh well. Nothing she could do about it except learn from her mistakes, and try to use that new knowledge in the future.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")