Promenade (Open)

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Re: Promenade (Open)

Post by Silverdust »

Mist smiled softly, mouth curling in easy relief--friendship came naturally to her. "I would like that very much."

She hadn't heard the name Batsy before, but Sive was reclusive and Cedar moreso. Any news came in snippets and gossip on the wind, whenever one of their more sociable bonded ran into an old friend. The sisters themselves rarely proclaimed anything about their own existence, so she supposed many bonded kept to themselves. Still, it seemed the Sirensong was flourishing in her tight family.

"Our bondmate families are about the same size," she remarked, flicking her tail happily. "Well, if you count Confetti and little Astarte, who hasn't bonded yet but I'm pretty sure she'll choose Sive. And I apologize for Confetti, earlier. It's been--hard for him."

She looked toward the horizon, where her companion had so recently disappeared to. She wondered if he'd still be there, or if he'd gone off to a new quarry. Not many of her bonded bothered to question the stallion's comings and goings--he was an Elemental, after all, strong enough to take care of himself--but she'd probably never rid herself of the notion that everyone needed someone who cared where they wandered off to. "Do you want to walk with me a little while? I still have to go to a few places, make sure everything is balanced."

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

Sirensong's smile outshone the sun at that moment. She was so happy, she didn't know what to do with herself! So she opened her mouth, and sang whatever her heart put together.

Waaaay out to seeeaaaa
theeeere I shall waaaaiiiit
until you're by my siiiide
across the mighty gaaaate!

the day is almost doone
and still I long for yoouu
by now my only wiiish
is you still want me toooo~

Usually she would stop to ponder over her song's meaning and who it could apply to. Sometimes songs randomly came to her, like now, and she would memorize it if it pleased her, or try to build upon it if she felt her song was incomplete. Her bondmates often asked about the songs when visiting, and she would gladly sing one she was fond of. But that could wait until later. Right now her mother was her main priority. She smiled gently at her mother's apology, finding the simple action quite endearing. I understand. I had a bondmate who acted similarly, but he straightened out. I'm embarrassed to admit that I said some pretty awful things when he was being a jerk. she replied while blushing slightly. She remembered how she head-butted him when she heard the things he was saying to Paint. Everything after that was a blur though; she had been enraged. She quickly perked up at her mother's offer and nodded her head enthusiastically. I would love to mo- uh, Mi- um... by the way. What should I call you?
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Mist started slightly as her companion burst into song, but the lovely cadence of her voice soon put her at ease. She could hear the reason for the 'siren' in the girl's name--the beauty of her singing would enchant anyone. Had she had a hand in that gift? No, she wouldn't presume that much. While she did like to sing to herself, filling the sometimes heavy silences of Cedar's grove, Sirensong's musical talent was something else.

"Your voice is really very pretty," she gushed as the mare finished her song. "I wish I could sing like that."

The day was still relatively young, leaving plenty of time for the two of them to wander and catch up. Mist started at an easy pace, riding on the giddiness that something she'd dreaded wasn't actually turning out that bad at all. She was glad that Sirensong already felt close enough to confide in her, to let her see some of the less savory parts of her past. "At least you spoke your mind, right?" Mist sighed, a little sheepishly. "I'm too kind, I think. Sometimes that's what's needed, but sometimes..."

The exchanges with Confetti looped around in her head. She honestly didn't know what to do with him sometimes, and it was so hard without Avalir. But no, she was going to keep at it. She wasn't going to let things come apart. "I hope Confetti will change too, but he's being pulled so many different ways. But if your bondmate could do it, maybe there's hope yet."

She blushed a bit as Sirensong struggled over the name. "My friends call me Mist, but, um, you can call me mother if it's easier? I don't mind whatever you want to use--should I call you Sirensong? Or do you have a nickname you'd like?"