A Midnight Stroll (Open!)

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Aria
Leader
Leader

Re: A Midnight Stroll (Open!)

Post by Aria »

The tiny hairs covering her body were standing up straight, but in the best way. The wind held her above the grassy floor, lending the illusion of floating without any sign of gravity. Continuing to enjoy the sensation, she kicked her hooves back and forth, even trotting in place at one point. It was incredible! What a gift! Her blue and purple hair swirled around above her as she turned to look back at the steed nearby. His voice echoed to her, reaching her ears easily despite the whistling winds beneath her. He could, in fact, and was, controlling the winds that lifted her up and held her there. He introduced himself as Cyclone, a name more fitting than any she had heard before. A grin spread across her face and she settled, choosing to float still.

Well, Cyclone... I am very impressed! she stated, lowering her head some in an attempt to return to eye level with him despite her floating state. Her sharp blue eyes met his silver eyes, only this time she didn't blush, and was rather quite content. I have met very few who can control the elements. If I were to choose, I would make the wind my own. There is no greater feeling than a cool breeze blowing through your hair. she explained, offering a small explanation for her behavior, her awe of the invisible force, as well as how it makes her feel.

She shifted her hooves subtly, back and forth, enjoying the feeling of the winds beneath them. Would he continue to elevate her throughout their conversation, she wondered? She most certainly didn't mind, it was quite a cool feeling, pun intended. After letting it be silent for a moment, she giggled. I am Euphoria. she responded, finally introducing herself. She could have continued, and explained how fitting her name is for her just as Cyclone is for him, but she chose to leave it at that. He was free to interpret her name as he wanted. Though, she did keep her eyes on him, watching for his reaction and any sign of emotion in his expression.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

It did not become old, watching her glory in her element. A fact he found surprising but packed away for further investigation later. She certainly looked content up there, not wanting to return to earth just yet but perhaps wishing to be less far for conversation? He noted the lowering of her head to speak with him. The curve of her slender neck, the fall of a lock that escaped the breezes.

The tiniest withdrawl of the freedom he allowed the cyclones drew them back in. Cyclone snapped at them with stern intolerance for their complaints, flicking the merest half glance of a glare in their direction. His eyes meeting hers was a treat and he begrudged the winds for tugging at his attention. They had that same fine gradient to them, enough to make him wonder at their exact shade. Somehow they seemed to shift colors evey so slightly each time he gazed at them.

Spend more time in the Fields here and you will certainly meet others who can command various elements of nature and other interesting bits. He tried to keep the edge out of his tone. Strange and wondrous things could certainly happen here. I’ve a brother who can deceive you as easily as look at you, and another who can not only see you aura but tamper with it. A look of relief crossed his features as he considered again how glad he was not to have that responsibility. It was plenty enough trying not to tear up the entire bond-realm with his storms.

He looked up again, adjusting, tinkering, bringing her back to the ground but leaving the whirlwinds just a few inches off the ground. Better for meeting talk. It was a safe bet she would be fine with a repeat at some other point. Euphoria. He had not tried to guess, but it had the ring of rightness to it. It is a suiting name, from what I can see. Did you have a destination in mind after your drink? What plans did I rudely interrupt?

Aria
Leader
Leader

Post by Aria »

His eyes were quite alive, whether they were looking into hers or casting glares at the wind he controlled beneath her. Their silver practically glittered as they moved, and Euphoria became fascinated by them, finding it difficult to pull away. The wind continued to twist and shift under her hooves. She was tempted to spring away and catch them off guard, see if they'd follow her shadow easily or if she'd land on the ground. Sometimes random urges to jump around overcame her, but not this time. She was too focused, too captured by his eyes and voice.

He spoke of others who could command the elements, and her mind instantly thought back to the stallion her bond sister Lace had met when they first arrived, a fiery type of cool colors that shifted and sparked. She recalled his struggle with constantly controlling his elemental power, and wondered if Cyclone had the same. He continued, mentioning two brothers that could deceive you or tamper with your aura. She raised an eyebrow, her expression changing from concern to curiosity. As interesting as that sounded though, did she really want to find out about his brothers and their abilities? Maybe.

Her thoughts were interrupted but only slightly, as he allowed the cyclones under her feet to dissipate, gently lowering her body to the ground. The soft soil beneath her hooves almost felt strange after literally walking on air for the past few moments. An unstoppable smile lit up her face as she recovered her standing position. That was certainly the most fun and interesting experience she'd had in quite some time. At the very least, she needed to become Cyclone's friend. They could dance and play on the winds all day, like foals in the flower fields. Her heart rate increased at the mere thought of it.

Again, his voice brought her back to present time. He found her name suiting, just as she had hoped. Her head lifted slightly in excitement at his words, and she resisted the urge to do a little happy dance. Lots of urges today, my goodness. she thought. Hmm... where was she headed anyway? Her body froze for a moment at his question, then the slight itch to shake her mane distracted her. Her mane wasn't laying right after all of the wind, she needed to shake it up and let it fall into its normal position. After she lowered her head and gave her body a shake, she answered, Nowhere in particular, I was just enjoying the cool breeze and stretching my legs. A playful smirk before lifting her head to meet his eyes.

At the head of the creek is a lovely little spring. Fields of dandelions surround it, and when the wind really kicks up the seeds, they dance and twirl around like cotton ballerinas. It is quite a sight. she explained, thinking of the few new places she'd been since her arrival. This spot was one of her favorites, and not many others knew of it. Not to mention, it would provide them another opportunity to have some fun with his gift, which she was very much interested in doing. She wouldn't admit that out loud though, goodness no. She wouldn't want him to feel she was only interested in him because of his power, as much as it did draw her in. Care to join me? she asked, the smirk still on her lips and a twinkle in her eye.
Last edited by Aria on Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

He took note of the fact that they were playing a game of close scrutiny and nearly laughed aloud and rolled his eyes. He hadn’t known exactly what to expect when his bonded had told him he should visit his homeland, but somehow there was little doubt for him that she had had this in mind. This way just the sort of thing he would expect her to cook up with that overgrown leprechaun.

He thought he read some interest on her features when he spoke of other elementals. They’d have to revisit the topic. Her grace in leaving the cyclones was lovely, a staggering smile. She seemed pleased with the encounter so far at least.

Was that sass? What a smirk! I should like to see it, yes. Anything that can impress you must be worthwhile. I think i would like to come along, yes. We follow this creek, then? Lead on oh dancer. I shall see if I can keep up with you.

Aria
Leader
Leader

Post by Aria »

The dark, teal-colored stallion appeared amused. Was he amused by her sudden dismount of the cyclones? Or by her silly description of the dandelion seeds? Either way, he accepted her invitation, and suddenly she couldn't wait to show him. The little spring she had discovered was quite hidden, and she liked to tell herself, and others, that she was the only one who knew about it. Yep! Right this way, she said softly, and turned to head the opposite direction. With her back to him now, she took a few steps forward before turning her head to make sure he was following her. A smile lit up her face when she saw that he was.

She led him northeast, along the tiny creek and in between a row of hills. Before long, the grassy hills turned into dry rocky ones, dotted with bushes and thorny plants. The little creek was gaining size and momentum the higher they hiked into the hills, suggesting they were growing closer to the source. Every now and then, she peeked behind her to make sure he was keeping up. I found this little gem by accident, you know. No one else knows about it but me. Or, at least as far as I know. So, before we step inside, this stays our little secret, got it? she asked, playfulness in her eyes. Once he agreed to tell no one, she led him just a few more steps over the opposite side of the hill, into a little grass clearing.

Up to their left was the spring, a rocky side of the largest hill with fresh water emerging from somewhere inside. The water pooled at the base of the hill, creating a small pond, before trickling down the clearing as a small river. Millions of white translucent little spheres dotted the grassy field. Once upon a time, this field was covered in yellow dandelion flowers, a striking color against the green grass and rocky hills. Now only the seeds remained, and to Euphoria's pleasant surprise, they were still undisturbed. This was going to be fun. She took a step into the field, slowly and carefully now. Step lightly, we don't want to disturb the seeds... not yet. she advised, her smile now permanently fixed on her lips.

Once they were about to the middle, she paused. She took in a deep breath, catching the scent of cool running water and pollen, and let it out. Then, she turned to face her new friend. The glow of the moon seemed to light up their bodies against the rocky backdrop. His teal color seemed brighter, more contrasted, and his soft sandy-brown mane and tail appeared almost white. She could only imagine what her bright green body looked like, with her light colorful mane and tail. She took a look around, at the stars sprinkled in the black night sky, the little frog sitting and ribbiting on the pond's edge, and the dandelion seeds that had no idea what was in store for them.

Lastly, she locked eyes with Cyclone. This was going to be magical, and for a moment she doubted she was prepared for just how magical it would be. Should he choose to comply, he could easily kick up a strong gust of wind or two and send the billions of dandelion seeds into the air. Euphoria, not having any control over the elements herself, had witnessed the scene when all she had was the natural breeze. It was a beautiful sight. Excitement came over her at the possibilities.

She waited, the smirk still on her lips and playfulness in her eyes. Would he do it on his own? Or would she have to ask nicely? Perhaps he knew what she wanted already but wanted to hear her ask anyway? A troublemaker this one, if that were the case.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Was it his simple agreement that made her look like a young happy filly? Or was it just that she was excited to visit this mysterious place that seemed to mean so much to her? Whatever the reason, he appreciated the effect. Her bounciness buoyed his own spirit, spurring his own excitement on to a level he can hardly remember experiencing before. His bondmates would never believe it... the taciturn hatter? Grinning like a fool? Never in a million years. Not in a good happy way, at least. Grinning like a hatter who’d lost his marbles, sure. Cyclone glanced over his shoulder in a paranoid way, checking to make sure nobody saw.

Following in the dancer’s wake, he lengthened his stride to keep up. The landscape certainly changed, and any seeking the pleasant rolling hills and gentle creeks would definitely have turned around by now to keep looking in other directions. Picking his steps with more care, watching for brambles, he wondered if he should try to pick the conversation back up. Would she consider him boring if he kept silent? Think him rude? Questions he never bothered himself with before. With good reason. They were rather unnerving.

She solved his dilemma for him, speaking up on her own. Even her eyes danced. Was she made of wind? Distracted, he brought himself back. Her tone warned that she was serious. Of course I would not ruin your lost treasure. I will guard it well, you have my word.. Following her lead again, he found himself in a magical little clearing. The water was stronger here, flowing freely and making soothing sounds as it went. The grass here was tall and thick, a brilliant shade of green that stood out to him even in the dim light provided by the stars and moon winking above.

What caught his attention right away though was the blanket of fuzzy white sitting over the greenery. This field of fluffs was just begging to be disturbed. He sent her a reproachful look. Err. Why don’t we want to disturb them? He wanted to plow straight into the midst of them, send them whirling! Now he could understand a little of the fun some of his bond mates had with bubbles... Again, that glance over his shoulder.

Shaking his head a bit, he began to carefully place his hooves delicately as possible where she had placed hers. It took all of his willpower to keep steady and not send any of the bundles flying, for it would surely be a domino effect. She was clearly waiting for a grand effect. He followed her lead, halting when she came to a stop. He drank in the sight of her, glowing in the night’s light and in her element. He was glad he waited. She still had that foalish grin and her happiness was more important in this moment than his ability to go running haphazardly through the field. Not that she wanted him to run at all, if he guessed correctly.

He surveyed the view from the middle of a white sea, calm for now and still. The hills sheltered this place, otherwise these fluffs wouldn’t have survived so long in one solid crop. Keeping her gaze, he had trouble hiding his own grin. What would milady suggest? This was her secret, her parade. He would await her command. Should she wish it, he would turn this meadow into a snowglobe like the one in his bonded’s cottage. This clearing pretty much begged for it. He awaited her confirmation.