Searching for a familiar face...

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Achz
Regular
Regular

Searching for a familiar face...

Post by Achz »

Once the festival ended Illuminate decided to find the lovely mare he met. The one named Coral. He has been thinking about her often since the day they met at the festival. Just like he was doing now. He was too busy thinking about her to see what was up ahead. Due to the fresh spray of rain a small patch of dirt has become dangerous. Normally very concerned about his looks instead of others Illuminate would've easily flown over the patch for fear of smearing his coat but not this time. This time he dreamily walked towards the patch unwittingly heading for disaster. Suddenly his first hoof which touched the mud quickly slipped forwards. To catch himself he brought the othe hoof forward, alas it also found mud. Without any time to stop himself he instantly fell face first into the shallow mud patch.

Quickly glancing up out of the mud Illuminate peers around nervously to see if anyone was watching. Getting to his feet in a hurry he clumsily continues his search. Maybe I'll look for somewhere to wash this muck off first. Pretending to toss his mane out of his eyes he quickly shook of most of the mud.

I really hope no one saw that...
One bright night in the middle of the day, two dead men got up to play. Back to back they faced each other, drew thier swords and shot each other.

Cynther
Regular
Regular

Post by Cynther »

Coral also wandered about. The festival had ended some time ago, but other Emeralian serians had found her and kept her from the serian she was actually looking for. They wanted to inform her of everything that changed since the festival.

She was polite about it, or tried to be, but eventually just -had- to get out of there. What if Illuminate thought she'd forgotten?

Making up a lame excuse, Coral ditched Thyme and Maelstrom. She wasn't sure where to start looking, but she was sure her current location wasn't it.

The grounds had turned to mud and she was tempted to play in the puddles, but kept her current goal in mind.

~Hmm... now where could he be?~
I am the Amused Bobbin!

Achz
Regular
Regular

Post by Achz »

Illuminate quickly headed for the nearest river. Glancing about to see that no one was around he quickly dipped his whole head underwater, blowing bubbles so as to remove the mud. The thought that caught in his mind was again about Coral.

Not even the rainbow off the bubbles compare to her coat and smile. Suddenly a small fish swan past his nose and he quickly raised his head. What a fright he got from that tiny fish. He almost slipped in after the fish. Perhaps he should stay away from such dangerous places...

But not yet, Coral may be here.
One bright night in the middle of the day, two dead men got up to play. Back to back they faced each other, drew thier swords and shot each other.

Cynther
Regular
Regular

Post by Cynther »

Coral sniffed the air, but all she got was mud and sweat and lots of different food smells.

~Drat. I need to get somewhere to clear my head.~

She scanned the area and noted there seemed to be water not far away. It was either a river or a lake, she couldn't tell. Either way, her reaction was immediately to go that direction.

~Maybe he needed a drink...~ she reasoned, although anyone who knew her figured the immediate reason was she wanted to go swimming! Her pace quickened as her throat started to get dry.

~Yes, drink. And even if he's not there, maybe someone who knows him and has seen him is there.~
I am the Amused Bobbin!

Achz
Regular
Regular

Post by Achz »

Illuminate waited and waited. Suddenly realising he was standing on the edge of a riverbank and he was slowly sinking in mud. 'Great. Now what?' Glancing about quickly he decided to be a little sneaky. He gracefully took flight and hovered over the river to dip his dirty hooves in. That gave him an idea. 'Why don't I fly to find her? I could probably see more over the trees... So up and up he flew ignoring all the unhappy birds and tree dwelling creatures as they angrily told him what they thought of him flying through their home.

Above the trees he took a deep breath of fresh air and tried desperately to detect the smell of one in particular. Many scents met his nose but none of them were even close to the one he sought. As he slowly did a full circle (with his eyes closed) he tried to imagine what he would say to her once they met again.

Suddenly he could detect a hint of the fragrance coming from Coral. His eyes snapped open and he tried desperately to find her.

Cynther
Regular
Regular

Post by Cynther »

((OOC: Appologies for my extended absence. I've been sick like whoa [aka: Sleeping nearly 24/7]. :out: ))

Coral reached the edge of the water and noticed it seemed somewhere between the width of a creek and a river. Not a bad little spot.

Dipping her head down for a drink, she went a bit lower and ended up plunging her head underwater. Hee! Unconscious impulses...

She smiled at the fish who were quite stunned by this sudden intrusion into their territory, and then her head went up quickly.

A shadow had just passed by overhead and it was rather large!

Scanning the air, she was relieved to notice it was another Serian... and the one she'd been looking for, at that!

~Illuminate!~ she whinnied happily. ~Glad to have found you, wasn't sure if you'd have thought I'd forgotten or not!~[/i]
I am the Amused Bobbin!