Enter Bridle...

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

At the word go, Bridle was off in a flash, tearing up great clumps of dirt as he galloped over the fields. He wasn't going to look back... he didn't know where Vapour was in relation to him, but he did, however, know that she wasn't infront of him. Adrenaline flowing, he spread his wings to their fullest extent, letting the wind buffet them. As his wings caught the wind, he glided somewhat (not very far off the ground of course) but it helped add some length to his stride.

His competitive side was showing, and he decided to be sneaky. While he had been "running away" from Coral and Vapour earlier, he had noticed a small footpath that seemed to lead directly up to the base of the mountains. It was so small and unnoticable in fact, that he almost missed it himself. Catching the landmark (that he had ingrained into his memory earlier) out of the corner of his eye, he careened wildly, hooves skidding perilously. He almost lost his footwork, stumbling slightly, but he regained it by cupping his wings so that they caught the air and slowed him somewhat.

He entered the path panting somewhat. He couldn't use his wings in here... the path was too narrow. He could only hope that Vapour's stamina was the same, if not less than his. He decided to take the next little bit at a brisk trot, hoping that Vapour hadn't noticed his wild skidding. He feebly tried to keep his thoughts to himself, for he knew that she could be listening and quite possibly could determine his whereabouts.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

Vapour seemed to fly at the word 'Go' and sudden a flash of green and sapphire was all that could be seen along the path '12345678.12345678' over and over she chanted in her mind, one extra advantage she had was concentration, while studying the incredibly fast beat of her hooves she could set a steady pace and therefore gain a little extra speed with the graceful and percise movements.

She was aware at how close the race was and she couldn't help but grin more, it was always refreshing to actually have such a challenge. Being so close by she easily saw him careen off course but she had other plans. The platform they were racing to by the springs was up a side ridge of thin rock set into the mountain. Of course the fact that she had to jump meant she slowed, slightly. The advantage was that she had exceptional agility, and so the new chant began '1.2.3.4.1.2.3.4'

She did not slip once, only misstepped slightly and caused an ache in her leg which she knew might be a small sprain. Normally one would have stopped seeing as it wasn't a realy competition, but Vapor was treating it as one. Ahead she saw the musty rock that was the finish line and pushed ahead 'come on, just a little more..' She shut her eyes and lept, hooves smacking onto the rock as she collapsed onto her knees, finally feeling that sprain. When her crystallic eyes opened she dared to ask with her warrioress' pride,

"Hmm, not the most graceful finish and therefore I must trust your word lover... who won?" :P

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

He laughed heartily, and then, looking quite concerned came closer to examine that sprain of hers. He nuzzled her neck gently and plunked down beside her, giving himself a chance to rest as well.

"You sure gave me a run for my money sweetheart, but I assure you that the victor was most definitely you. There was no stopping you!" he chuckled softly. "All I saw was a blur and you land hard. I was still a ways away..." He smiled again and stood up stiffly at the sound of approaching hoofbeats. Coral most likely. He looked at Vapour again, wincing for her. He hated seeing a fellow Serian in pain, expecially her.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

Vapor couldn't help but grin, that was exactly what'd she'd wanted to hear. She felt slightly egocentric wit hthe satisfaction that welled up inside of her, btu it was the nature of the warrioress, to excel and be generally amazing at all they did. However his concern for her was an even greater reward and she nuzzled him with a thankful forcefulness.

"I hadn't been expecting that... yo uare very quick so I was pushing myself a bit.. I guess I really shouldn't be so competitive my love!"

She smiles and flattened her ears out in embarassment, moving the ankle and watching as things sifted unusually, pain lancing up her leg. But, still she stood. She figured Coral would call her pig-headed and overly proud, and Bridle would probably try to make her sit down, but she had planned on walking to the springs with her dignity intact- and that she would do. Offering a pale smile she gave Bridle knowing eyes that basically said 'The springs will help it so the sooner we get there the better.'

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

He looked at her worriedly, and half considered telling Coral to call the whole trip to the springs off, but decided against it when Vapour gave him that look. Worry still creasing his handsome face, he stood up with her, but was sure to remain close by, just in case (even if it might irritate her). He wasn't about to let her go hurting herself again.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

She flirtaciously rubbed her side up against his and grinned, forcing back a wince as she took a few steps beside him. Once the cave's darkness had swallowed them up she finally allowed a grimace to seep over her features. 'Thankfully, this spring isn't too far off...'

Her voice would have been tight if she had talked so she decided against it and merely lead on with Bridle by her side, which she didn't mind in the least. It just meant she got nuzzle his handsome features more often. :D

She could already scent the sweet heated smells of the healing waters and nearly jumped with anticipation- save for the fact that she might have fainted. She grinned at Coral, although the effect was mostly lost in the darkness.