Awkward Silences

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Web shivered slightly at his touch and voice. Okay, this is going a bit deeper than she wanted. She broke it off with a nip to his ear. "Keep your thoughts to yourself babe, and I'll keep mine," she grinned, her voice softer but resuming that light teasing air. Maybe they could resume it later, but not in front of Brittle. She did take his feelings into consideration. And not in front of Beta, because she could imagine the things the mare would have to say to Chaos way after the whole thing was finished.

Brittle grinned slightly. "Ah yes, the Beauty Contest, I remember that. Actually, Avalir was quite put out when he won, sulked for days..."

"Neh, don't undermine Ava-chan you two," Web interjected, leaning on Chaos slightly. A normal converstaion might be nice. Poor Avalir, often the topic of behind the back conversation. Maybe it was best if they spoke about something Beta could join in on, the mare looking a little left out, though not seeming to mind in the least from what Web could see.

"Chaos dear, he would probably hurt you if he heard your comment. He may not look it, but he is strong, he'd make a good fighter. Ch, all you warriors, thinking looking tough makes all the difference."

She nuzzled Chaos's cheek, back in her comfort zone. Brittle breathed a little easier, now that they were out of their raciness. Web saw it and smiled. She really didn't want him feeling tense. She grinned over at Beta.

"What do you think, Beta-san?"

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

Chaos grinned and nodded his head. "Good enough for me." It was easy to tell she was uncomfortable, in fact, he had rather expected it. She usually wasn't so up-front and seductive, it must have been a sudden mood that caught her. However, he was immensely glad when Web didn't move away. He liked just being close to her as much as anything. He nuzzled the top of her head under his a moment and then rested it lightly against her cheek.

Laughing slightly, Chaos shook his head. He would have been kinda weirded out if he'd won, although Chaos could have made some joke out of it. "Didn't ever say he wasn't strong. I'm just beefed that he's prettier than me." Oh boy, never make assumptions when it comes to Chaos that's for sure. He grinned enthusiastically, but knew he'd be much happier if he had of won, or even gotten to participate in, some kind of fighting challenge. He really, really needed to prove himself for some reason. Ram had gotten his chance, now it was his. Someday...

Beta snorted and shook her head, she could tell Chaos was going into serious mode and stuck out her tongue. "All braun, no brains. More like all ego, no logic though. Anywho Avalir seemed cool enough, cute butt." She had been entered into a contest as well, and had won! So naturally she got to inspect some of the other winners... just for fun.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Web smiled, flicking her tail across Chaos's back. "He'd be happy to hear that, maybe..." she mused. She cocked an eye at Brittle. "I believe you told him that too, Brittle-koi."

Brittle groaned. She was not going to give that up, was she?

"I was drunk." he snapped finally. Weak, but it would have to do.

Web rolled her eyes. Brittle sighed. "Could we just please stop talking about Avalir?"

"Yes, that would be appreciated," came a soft, semi-effeminate voice. The stallion of their converstation had a rather bad habit of suddenly appearing out of nowhere. Avalir stood at Brittle's side, tail swishing almost irately behind him. His ruby eyes were so cold they burned, and Web couldn't help but feel like she was going to get it, even though the stallion was an easy win for her.

"What were you gossiping about now, Web?"

(I've been talking about my pretty-boy so muchI thought I'd just stick him in for good measure, the more the merrier :P )

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

Grinning and shaking his head, somehow he was happy that he'd not said anything rude about the guy. He'd much rather watch his darling babe get in trouble... it was amusing and he could tease her about it later. "You're in trouuuble..." He teased, but he'd much rather inform Avalir that they were talking about his 'cute butt'.

"Oh and you've got a new member to your fanclub." He glanced at Brittle and shrugged apologetically, it had to be said. Or rather, re-said. But this way he could still get on Beta's nerved too. Sweet deal.

Beta rolled her eyes and smirked, looking to Brittle as well. "I happen to think I stand a much better chance than he does." She said mischeviously, batting her eyes and trying to look innocent. A look that was never convincing at all.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

"Ah, Ava-chan, nothing at all, just your ability to attract admirers from all over the world," Web supplied with a light laugh. She snorted at Chaos's comment, before sneaking a glance at Brittle. Poor guy, seemed his ego had taken a beating today, but he still managed to see it through with a downright angry glare in her direction. No, he didn't blame Chaos at all. He blamed her. He blamed her.

Avalir gave a long-suffering look between Brittle and Beta. The incident wasn't even his fault and he was still getting reminded of it. Well, at least it wasn't as bad as what Brittle had to put up with.

"Even if I were female Brittle, she still would've had more of a standing than you," he murmured almost mildly. Brittle winced. Ouch. Why was everyone ganging up on him today. Avalir was normally a nice individual, albeit he didn't talk much, but when he was aggravated, he was cutting.

"Anyways, I came to retrieve Brittle, that's all."

"Retrieve me?" the stallion snorted. "For what?"

"Hinote is about to explode because you are two hours late for his training and Sanguine is none too happy about it. She borrowed me because my 'poofing' ability would be the quickest way to bring you back."

He turned to go. "Come. Oh, and Web..."

The mare gulped and leaned back into Chaos, alittle for protection. Avalir's death glares were creepy just because they looked so out of place on him. "We will -talk- about this."

Brittle shrugged. "It was a pleasure all. I hope one day I can fight you Chaos, and I won't forget this conversation when I do."

He gave the stallion a brief nod, then turned to Web. Gently, he brushed his nose to hers, and she nudged back with a smile. Brittle's tenderness was often reserved to her, and she enjoyed it. "See you around, dear heart."

Yes, it was corny, but to her it was sweet. She nipped him and watched as he followed Avalir into the forest. Brittle didn't often follow commands like that, his arrogance seldom allowed it, but he and Avalir shared an odd relationship. Besides, nobody wanted to piss off Sanguine. Ah, the crowd was clearing up, at last...

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

Chaos grinned mildly and kept his mouth shut as everyone left. It was just easier that way. Beta seemed flattered that she could attract even a female Avalir, and he mentally sighed. What a little piece of work she was sometimes. As Web leaned in towards him, he found himself shifting his body slightly in a protective stance. It was just somehow habit.

Beta blew an air-kiss and smirked wildly. Oh yeah, score with big, broad, and bootylicious. She felt a bit sorry for Brittle, but he was leaving and escaping the embarassment-fest, so she copied Chaos and just grinned knowingly, letting it go. She could be so kind sometimes... with reason.

After the two had left, a smiling and moonlight hued mistress emerged from the shadows. Of course the draconic mare was none other than Frostbite, and she'd been watching for a while. Tinsel had left again and she had wanted to come find Beta, and Chaos. She didn't know of their teasing games and had never understood why Chaos tolerated her mistreatment of him. He surely didn't deserve that.

"I was hoping I'd find you... I felt that cold again." It was a strange warning she'd been getting on and off. Beta's mood had reflected back to her and the firey temptress was sleeping inside the ice queen's mind. She folded her wings close to herself and butted her head under his gently.

Chaos had been expecting a lot of things from the recently upsetted mare, but being gentle and non forceful was about the last. Thank god for that, with Brittle gone he'd thought the distractions were over. With any luck Beta would take her back and comfort her. But he knew that Beta didn't understand like he did, didn't feel it.. "Yeah, I feel it too..." He commented lightly, noticing she'd left out her nickname for him, so he'd not use the one he had for her. Honey-doll for that almost annoyingly tempting voice, and she'd always called him 'lover' or 'sweetness' as she was fond of the insinuations.

Beta raised an eye and grinned. "Baby girl, why so blue? No pun intended honey. Come on, if anyone can cheer you up, it's me. You know it. Ad-mit-it!" She teased, getting into an even better mood than before. She didn't have as gorgeous of a rump view with Frostbite, but she loved the mare to death.