A chill in the air

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

"I suppose SunBlind does care after all, but you'd think that if she did she wouldn't be torturing me in this manner." Sky sighs, "Ah well. But that's life."

Sparkle's next comment caught Sky completely by surprise. Not only did he consider her pretty, but beautiful as well. This was very odd to her because she did not consider herself beautiful in any way, and usually her personality kept anyone who might have been interested in her in the past at a fair distance. She stopped walking to give the stallion a strange look, "You can't be serious."

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"i know it must seem like torture," Sparkle reasoned, "but alot of times what seems that way is what's best for us. and of course i'm serious, i'm not cruel. you are beautiful, and you're strong as well. i admire that."

he grinned at her in a soft, friendly way and then said something he thought she needed to hear and he believed to be self evident. "i can't believe no one's ever showed you that. you can't be that way to someone if you don't have the patience to get to know them." with that he started off again at a light trot. his legs were restless and agian he felt that if she wanted to keep walking with him then he would. this was a female who was very much in charge of herself.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

He trotted off before she had a chance to reply, which was just as well or she may have said something nasty. Sky figured, what was the point of denying yourself something you liked, say junk food, just to make sure you'll live longer. What's the point of living longer if you were going to be miserable during that time. In her case it wasn't food, but rather solitude she was being denied.

Now would have been the perfect moment to let the stallion go off on his own, but some peverse part of her decided to make her legs move and keep up with Sparkle. It figures, he probably thought the exercise would be "best" for her. At least she didn't dislike exercise in general.

"Alright," she said as she caught up to him, "I'm willing to give this a try. I'll be patient a little bit longer to give you the chance to show me I'm wrong."

OOC- sorry for the long delay, I've been having wrist problems on the computer so I've cut back on using it at home

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

ooc| ouch, i hope you get better! :cry:

Sparkle grinned when the mare caught up with him and then stopped so suddenly that he stumbled and almost fell. it was rather comical really but all he could think of was what Sky had just uttered.

"wrong about what? you must mean about Sunblind, i mean you can't be talking about your beauty. listen, please, i can tell you're not used to others considering you as a friend but i can't see how you could...Sky, you're strong and independant but that only makes you even more gorgeous. if anything i should feel down because i'm often mistaken as a female. but i'm proud of my mother's markings and my father's colors, so i really can't see..."

stunned, Sparkle stared at the mare until he noticed what he was doing and then tossed his mane in almost agitation. he wanted to convince her but he could feel an invisible boundry that was not to be crossed. he would have to be careful about how he worded things next time; he may have already crossed over.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

OOC - again, my apologies for taking so long...and this will probably be the last posting for a couple of weeks while I'm away

Sky raised an eyebrow as Sparkle flooded her with words. She somewhat amused by the stallions discomfort and (what she believed) to be his misguided admiration of her.

She tipped her head to one side, "I think you might have misunderstood me. I have no qualms about my looks. I don't consider myself gorgeous, but nor do I feel the need to be that way. Just as you feel you don't need to look as male as the others and are content the way you are."

"Now its this friendship thing that I just don't get. I don't get lonely when I'm by myself. And having a friend is a lot of work. You have to work hard to keep them happy, to spend time with then so they don't think you're ignoring them, and heaven forbid, giggle about silly things."

"So, to satisfy SunBlind's attempt to incorporate me into a normal social life, explain to me the benefits of friends. Why would I want, let alone one?" Sky said this last with an almost ridiculously sincere look on her face, but truth was, she was curious about this fact.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"it's nto like that for me at all. if you get along with someone you hang out with them when you can and that's pretty much it. it not then leave them alone. you don't have to bend over backwards to make friends, they should just get along with you. i do. and i'm glad you don't feel that way, i really do think you're beautiful."

snorting, Sparkle tossed his main and trotted a circle around her. she was proving to be highly interesting.

"let's see...the reason to have friends...well for one thing they can see things you can't. things that would be too close for you to know about. so information would be one thing. and a good laugh is another. and sometimes you do want to be alon but there's times as well when you could use a shoulder or an ear that's not your bonded's."

hoping he'd done at least a partly good job on the basics he stopped beside her again and waited for some sort of responce.