A chill in the air

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Sky didn't mind the chill in the water in the least, if anything, she felt more comfortable in it...except for the wet part. As she was trying to regain her dignity, that crazy stallion suddenly cannonballed into the stream, splashing everywhere. The mare was somewhat startled by this unexpected event. She stared at him, a little confused, knowing that he'd be finding the water downright frigid...what was he thinking? He could catch a cold!

Hmm, since when did she care?

But she did care, even as Sparkle sent more water flying in all directions. Finally he stopped and apologized, asking if he got her even as water dribbled from her ears and mane. A few droplets actually froze for a few moment, turning to glittering crystals, which just as quickly melted again in the sun, dripping back into the stream.

"Come you silly stallion," she said as she shook out her mane. "Didn't you mother ever tell you that you could catch a chill?" She turned and hopped out of the stream and waited for him on the bank, shaking water from her coat.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle's playful grin grew wider as Sky called him a silly stallion and then melted as the water had from her main at the mention of his mother. he climed out after her, shaking his head as well but he didn't look at her. he was looking at the churning water. it reminded him of his own disquiet trapped in his chest.

"i don't know," was all he murmured at first. he said it so softly that he wasn't even sure she'd heard him. "i can remember what she looked like. and that she was nice to me, she loved me. my dad too. but other than that all i know is memories from when i was abandoned."

offering a weak smile, he finally looked at her, thinking himself pathetic, and added, "i don't even know why i was abandoned. but i don't think it was my fault. i can't picture myself doing anything horrible......but i still don't know."

he gave another sad excuse for a smile and tossed his main again, leading the way to a sunny patch of snow and laying down. in an attemt to change the subject and keep her from thinking him a sad creature that needed pity he tossed and rolled, making an impression of himself in the ground before standing and letting the sun melt the water from his coat and fill his little hole with water. it looked as if he'd been running, which in some ways were true. he knew that in the time he didn't remember something had happened that he was running from.

still he grinned and cried, "look, now there's two of me! maybe he had a different life."

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

At first, Sky didn't know who "she" was, then it dawned on her that he meant her dam. Sky also had no recollection of her mother, but she never went through the process of being abandonned by a bond. She tried to imagine it, and though distasteful, she'd have come through alright, being a loner to begin with. But Sparkle was a more amicable creature, and she knew it would have been much harder for him, harder than she could imagine. She had some respect for his resiliency.

She watched as he made the impression, and as he pondered the life this shadow presence may have had, Sky glanced about quickly. Had the stallion gone insane? Thinking that a dent in the ground could have had a different life? What had she woken up in him, some fractured memory? Being way out of her league, she said, "Let's walk this way..." hoping that leaving this place will put back to sleep whatever bad memories she had just awoken. Though she was a patient listener, attempting to resolve other people's issues just were not her forte.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Tossing his main, he followed her as she led the way, but his heart still churned. It was nice to think that he might have had a different life but sad as well because he knew that whatever life he might have had was lost.

"Do you remember your mother? I just have what I said, that she was nice to me and loved me but that was it. My real blank is how I got to be abandoned. I don't remember anything there." He gave a rather bitter laugh here and looked at Sky from the corner of his eye, wondering what someone as tough as her would think of this softness. "The funny thing is that I remember being abandoned in clear detail. Life sure is funny huh?"

Then he tossed his main, deciding that what he did and didn't remember didn't matter. He was here to walk with Sky. He could deal with his ghosts on his own time. "Anyway, do you know who your mother was? If you knew her than you could meet her, start some new memories."

This thought wasn't anything new to him. He'd often wondered why he could remember what his parents had looked like but not what they were named. He'd also decided not to dredge things up. he'd gather what he had and move on. Sky might want some closure though, and if she did then he'd help her get it.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

before I reply to this, do altar born Serians have parents? or do they just magically come into existence? Heh, you'd think I know considering I ran the trivia contest *g*

Luminaire
Leader
Leader

Post by Luminaire »

((Altar born serians do not have parents, they're born directly from the Altar by magic. The Unbondeds have circles and such, but their whole way of life is very different from Bonded Altar-borns and foals born to Bonded parents.))