A chill in the air

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle grinned at her, knowing this probably wasn't something she did often if at all and ignored the shadow that he'd seen flitter across her eyes. He gave a little happy jig then started off in the right direction at a light canter.

When they reached the spot it was to find a white lioness crouched in the snow and making odd motions with her paws and tail. A light breeze could be felt and there was a perfect replica for sparkle being held up by it, the water glimmering in the light as Songhue shaped it with the wind. The hard part had been working it under the water to lift it.

"Hey," the true Sparkle called, making her look up as the water changed into a dragon form. "Songhue, this is Sky. We were hoping for a bit of wind to play around in. If you're willing to give up your sculpting for a moment."

The lioness yawned lazily at his tease and stood up, letting the water change to dolphin and slid back down into itself. Then she tilted her head at the mare and said, "So what did you have in mind, she with the pale beauty?"

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

((Wooohoo, big major snowstorm today, even the office was closed! Course I didn't know that until I'd stood at the bus stop for over half an hour in the blizzard, gah!))

As Sparkle cantered off Sky raised an eyebrow. They had to *run* to get there? Ah well, and she picked up her own pace to match his. It was good exercise after all.

Sky had to admit that she was quite impressed with the water sculpting. If Songhue had power over water it would have been one thing, but she was using the wind to make that form, it was quite a display and Sky said as much to the sorceress, not really sure how to reply to that pale beauty thing.

"As for what I had in mind," the mare continued, "I'm afraid this wasn't my idea. You must ask Sparkle what he had planned for me. Some sort of experiment that was meant to be a surprise."

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| Oh you poor dear! *hands over cocoa and blankets*

BIC| Songhue merely nodded at the complement even though it warmed her to see that this mare was someone who could notice and understand what she did. Sparkle pranced around as always, overly energetic and probably driving the cool colored beauty insane. In all honesty Songhue wouldn't have been surprised if he'd made her run for hours just to get there.

"I wanted to let you pick!" the stallion called gleefully. "You said you didn't really mind the wind, so I thought I'd get you to meet the ever infamous Songhue. Hey, maybe she can show you that thing she does."

His eyes sparkled here, a fact that was rather cute considering his name, and trotted over to the lioness to bump her with a hoof. Hissing, she pawed at him and shifted into a white wolf so she could jump up and nip his neck. Lioness teeth weren't that good for nipping, and she didn't really want to hurt him.

He just chortled at her, then went over to splash her with some of that cold water. This time she bit his leg, shaking the water off of herself with a growl. "Enough, you energetic beast!"

Sparkle grinned at her, then tossed his main and looked back at Sky. "So, ya wanna see, it's pretty cool? And it'll distract her from wanting to kill me."

"Hush you silly creature," the wolf grumbled as she lay back down to glare into the water. "I don't want to kill you, I just don't want you using me as an outlet for that energy of yours."

For some reason Sparkle stilled at these words and turned suddenly serious. "I can't do that, but you'll listen all about my heartache? Is that all there is for you?"

"That's all that you're ever serious about," she countered, and shot him a rather cold look. "This isn't the day for this Sparkle."

"Oh." Songhue wasn't the least surprised at the sudden change when he lowered his head and looked as if he wanted to die. She was tolerent of him most days, and thought him cute as a norm, but when she had one of those days......All he knew about them was that she seemed more haunted than ever, though he never knew what brought it on. He did know that he was likely to get himself hurt if he didn't calm down though.

"So.....will you show us the thing you do?"

"If your friend wants to see it, then yes," she murmured wearily. "I'm sorry by the way," Songhue added as she scowled down at the currents. "Things like this aren't supposed to be seen outside home. I'm quite sure you really don't care."

Sparkle looked at her nervously, then turned back to sky. "It's just a bad day for her," he explained. "I shouldn't have picked on her so hard. If you want we could do something else."

He eyed his bonded agian, hurting that she could feel so much and hide it behind those walls of hers. She understood though so she climbed to her feet, shifting to a white house cat and jumping up between his shoulders. "Don't worry about it," she purred, not wanting him to feel guilty for being himself. "You didn't know, and I'll still show Sky that thing you like so much. I'm not so sure she'll be as eager about it as you are though since she doesn't seem to have an afinity for light."

Smiling, Sparkle nuzzled her then trotted lightly over to the mare in question, tilting his head to the side. "It involves snow," he promised, nudging her shoulder in his exitement. He somehow thought that she and Songhue would get along well, and he really wanted his bonded to know this friend he found so facinating.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Sparkle was a completely different stallion around Songhue. He was playful, energetic and downright silly. They made an odd pair and Sky watched their interactions with curiousity. She never would have dreamed of kicking SunBlind, however gently, and couldn't picture SunBlind shapeshifting in return to nip back playfully. Of course, no matter what form SunBlind took, she still had her vampiric fangs and those could be rather painful.

For a brief moment Sparkle's worries about his parents and his abandonment had vanished. But suddenly, that side of him returned. Sky marvelled at how the stallion could bounce back and forth between the two emotions. This range of feelings was alien to her, the mare pretty much felt the same way all the time, with a little bit more happy on one side, a little more sadder on the other, but nothing to compare to Sparkle's range. She decided it was a good thing.

Especially when Songhue became moody. How did one ever know how to treat another when one couldn't predict how that person would be feeling at any moment in time? In the end, she saw how their friendship won out and they apologized to each other, but was it worth it, Sky wondered. Wouldn't there be less heartache if one didn't have to interact so much with others? But of course, then one looses out on the good parts too. Always a sacrifice.

Sky decides not to comment on the tension between the pair and focused instead on this "thing" she had been brought to see. "No, my affinity is not for light, but I do have a particular connection with snow and ice. My Altar is Arctic Winds you see." She paused to look at Sparkle's expectant face, "Yes, I would like to see this which Sparkle is so eager to show me."

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Songhue tilted her head at the water, a freezing wind springing forward to push under the water and lift it in the air as another did the same with a mound of snow not too far away. The seperate breezes mingled together, mixing half frozen water with pure, clean snow and striking the sun so that there were hundreds of dancing speckles on the ground, just as many rainbows in the entertwining mixture itself, and shimmering shadows flickering where the light passed over everything. With a twitch of her mouth that might be mistaken for a smile she flicked her tail to Sky and there was instantly a necklace of dancing light and snow circling the arctic mare.

Sparkle shook his head happily at the sight, loving the play of light on snow, ice and water, and closed his eyes for a moment as the tail of the breeze that carried it all played with his forlock. He truly loved these tricks.

As she let the elements return to their natural places Songhue felt Sparkle move again and found him looking back at her with his heart in his eyes. He knew she needed time alone to deal with whatever it was that caught up with her on these days and it meant a lot to him for her to be so patient.

"I am good for more than telling heartache you know," she mumbled, not wanting to admit that this openess was part of what had hurt him. "I tried to help you think of a way to win her. And I'm trying to hlep you get past her."

He smiled, a sad a look dulling the light that usually shown in his personality as he looked back at the water. "Yea, you do try to help. And you cheer me up when I need it." Shaking his head, he looked over at her as she jumped down and shifted into a snow leapord. "I'm sorry it's a bad day for you. What--?"

"Don't worry about it," Songhue interrupted. "There's nothing you can do." Then to close the issue she looked back over at Sky and asked how she'd liked the show. It was one thing to have him care, but something else entirely to talk about it. Sparkle just grinned at her, gently understanding since he didn't often talk about his own hurt himself. If it wasn't already said that the heart could be a fool, it should be.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Sky was very impressed by the light show. It was very beautiful and fascinating to watch. Though she may not have had the same affinity for light as Sparkle did, it didn't mean she couldn't appreciate it.

When the show ended, she was perplexed about the interaction going on between the pair. They were talking about winning someone, and then losing them. And something else. But neither spoke of what exactly it was and it left her confused. But it was none of her business so she didn't pry.

She praised Songhue's magical display most highly then turned to Sparkle, wondering what she was supposed to do next.