A chill in the air

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Sky considered Sparkle's words. A shoulder to lean on, and ear to hear your concerns. She stopped walking as the stallion pranced around her.

"Yes, I can see why one might like to have someone like that. My life has been relatively uneventful, no great sorrows, no great joys either. But I suppose anything could happen in the future that would be worth talking about. I'm not a particularly humourous mare, as you may have guessed, so I wouldn't be good for a laugh. On the other hand, information is always a useful thing, and a different point of view never hurts."

She eyed the stallion, "Do you have many friends?"

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle actually laughed at the thought. many friends? no, he was strange for many friends.

"no, not me. i have a few but, not many. i know Mist and Stice, and Frolic and Amber and Lothorien. and i only really know Mist, Stice, and Frolic. i'm getting to know you but how well is the question. i...i just like to hang out with others, but that doesn't mean that everyone's my friend. some really just tolerate me."

he tilted his head here and tossed his main again. she said that she didn't have any but he was curious as to what she did have.

"what about your bonded? i don't know mine too well but isn't yours your friend? i thought that was how it always worked."

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

The mare replied, "I know a few Serians from SunBlind's realm, enough to be on talking terms with them but I tend to keep to myself. That was my own choice, not that I dislike any of them."

"As for my bonded...yes, I suppose she would be my friend. I guess I never really thought of her that way, she was just there, and I was just there and we got along, each knowing what the other prefered."

"Three friends doesn't sound that bad to me. If I understand how it was supposed to work, one would only really have about that many close friends, the rest would be more acquaintances. Sounds like you're not doing badly at all."

Sky awaited his reponse and wondered what she thought of him. Was she one who considered him a friend or was she just tolerating him. Her first thought was the latter, but when she considered the situation more, she wondered if that was entirely true. She wasn't big on tolerance and probably would have sent him on his way a while ago...

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

glad that she had at least an honest understanding of herslef Sparkle bowed his head and touched the ground before lifting it to show a few grains of dirt on his muzzle. he wanted to make a point.

"i do have friends," he said, "but the only one i consider a close friend, a true friend so far is Mist. look, with the dirt only a few managed to hang on while i was talking. it's the same way with good friends. some will back off and let things happen but the ones you can count on are the ones who stick and won't let go. those are the ones who really care. those are the ones that can be called all sorts of thing, like an unofficially adopted sister. by then 'friend' doesnt' seem to fit anymore."

"and as long as you simply prefer to keep to yourself," he added as he wiped off the rest of the dirt, "and you don't try to keep others from getting close to you there's nothing wrong. it just means that the one friend that's most important to you is the hardest to find; the one who can prove they're worth the time and risk. i've learned to let things roll off of me so if anyone other than Mist were to hurt me it wouldn't be a big deal. if someone were to get close to you though it would be after many obsticles and that would be a big deal for anyone. that's why i'm careful as well, even if it doesn't seem like it"

he smiled slightly and tossed his main again, looking around. Sparkle really didn't know where they were going, he'd just been walking for the sake of walking so he thought it best that Sky lead for awhile. besides, he thought she might need a moment to chew over all that he'd said; he had when Songhue told him the same thing.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Indeed Sky did stop to consider what Sparkle had said. She almost had to laugh when the did the thing with the dirt, which was unusual because she was usually to reserved to laugh. Her expression didn't show it, but she had thought the sight a little funny.

Sparkle backed off and let her lead the way for a bit...this turned out not the be such a good thing. The mare was so deep in thought over what the stallion had said that she was completely unaware of her surroundings. She was knee deep in the stream before she noticed it was there. With a start she tossed back her head, "Oh!"

OK, this was a little embarassing...

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle had to grin when Sky stepped into the stream. it was actually kinda cute the way she tossed her head back. he was surprised that no one had tried to mate with her yet.

deciding that he was at least a little more friend than she was used to he did what he'd do for any of his other well known pals; he went and made it so she couldn't be too embarrassed. he tossed his main and jumped into the stream, splashing everywhere and loving it. it was kinda chilly but that only meant his body would really have to wake up.

"there's something i forgot to meantion earlier," he said as he popped back to the surface. "part of having a friend is having someone that won't judge you no matter what you do; all they do is look out for you and goof around when you need them to."

he kicked his legs and sent his tail flying as he caught it with his hooves, spraying more water. "sorry," he laughed, "i don't always think things through. did i get you?"