Lost...

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Indi
Leader
Leader

Post by Indi »

Indi cursed herself. This foal was too young to learn of true love and the way it falls through your hands like sand. She should of left it at the battle was won victoriously, even though her tears would betray that something was wrong.

"I am sorry, I should not have told you of Laki. But truth I am sure whomever you pick will not leave you, LunarPrism. But I have a feeling everyone here is going to to try and help you find your Papa, not matter what. I for one will." Her mood eyes were a strange mixture of brown and blue, from the anger at herself and the person that made this foal so untrusting, and blue for the foal, and the small part from the memory of Laki's death. Her eyes were always tinged with blue lately.

"We are all your Sha-en, if you want us to be." She smiled, but her hand was still out stretched. It was getting numb, but she gritted her teeth and kept it there. This foal had to learn that someone was always willing to help.
That's the thing about black and white: mix them together and you get gray. And no matter how much white you put back in, it'll still always be gray.
- Lilah

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/ ... banner.bmp

Nyx
Site Elder
Site Elder

Post by Nyx »

Pride's eyes burned with tears. She was far to young to have to go throu such things. She thought of her own abandonment. Being lost and ripped away from her mate and first child. The tears fell freely to the ground. She cleared her thoat and began a tale. It was a sad one, but the telling might help the little one a bit.

LunarPrism, you are not alone in your feelings. I was abandoned by my first bonded. Ripped away from my mate and child. I was left alone to fend for myself. It was a long hard trail for me and I feared for my life and the lives of my loved ones. It was a long time before I found my mate again. We were put into a pen at a festival that was going on recently. I was so over joyed at finding him. Next was to find someone to take me it. I found that in Nyx. She was kind enough to take both my mate and myself in. My first daughter was not found, and I feared that she never would be. She was taken from me when she was first born and I never saw her again. She was never given a name, just tossed to the wind. Just a few months ago, Nyx found her as well, and gave her her name, FireLight. You remind me of her, but she is grown now, you are too young to know of the hardships that the real world throws at you. You should be running and playing, not searching for your father. But I know he will find you. You have a aheart full of hope and that is a true gift. He will find you little one, and as everyone here has said, we are all willling to help you find him as well. she finished, lying down in the grass, her heart breaking with the memories of her time alone. She heard tiny hoofbeats and looked over her should to see Amy walking slowly towards her. The little filly had heard her mother's story and was crying as well. Nyx won't leave us a lone Momma. Amy said and curled up next to Pride. She looked at the other foal and smiled the best she could. If you want a friend, I am here. I won't judge or turn my back on you. I am young too, we can learn together. she said, hopeing that the little foal would hear her.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Avalir shook his head at the foals words. Many of them seemed familiar to him, but that was his power, his uncanny gift of things hidden and ancient. His eyes haardened slightly at her words of the burning. He surely hoped they weren't literal, if they were...

He had never felt so protective of one foal, except for his siblings, though they had not done or shown anything to deserve it. He closed his eyes again. "Whatever they did, it's not your fault. You can't control people, you can't choose their actions. They would only use you as an excuse for carrying out their own twisted desires, nothing more than a carrier of the blame they can't take themselves."

His voice held an anger that was unnatural to him, fueled by the thoughts of his siblings and broken childhood. He bit back his words, regretful. The last thing he wanted to do was scare this young one, to give him the burden that was his. He looked at her again, and gave a small attempt of a smile, not very good in his eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so, vindictive..."

He shrugged his sholders slightly. The little one had a lot to say, he could see it through her hidden eyes, the years in them that shouldn't be. Maybe she would say them, but not now. Not in front of everyone.

Sive could feel the presence of another one, simlar to the foal, far off. She looked at Avalir. Her presence would only hurt what he would have to say. She would come when the foal was ready. But 'till then...

She moved, flitting silently through the shadows of the forest, every once in awhile the sunlight catching a flash of silver-white hair or golden eyes. she reached the hillside faster than any human might've, but she wasn't only human. She ventured cuatiously out of the foilage, suddenly feeling very exposed in the sun. She looked toward the pale-eyed stallion standing on the crest, and she could feel a small part of her heart break as she saw him.

"Hello, sir," she greeted softly, respectfully. There was enough distance for him to leave her if he wished, and indeed she felt like she must be intruding, but she wanted...she wanted to help the foal, even if it were to find its own way without her, she wanted to do something. And something told her this stallion might the one she was looking for.
Last edited by Silverdust on Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

((Not sure if Foxx really wanted anyone to approach the stallion lol... it seemed like she was going to bring him in at her own pace. I could be wrong))

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

((I don't know, the bug kind of hit ^_^ I'll remove it if it gets in the way of what she's planning, since that part kind of stands on its own. I just didn't want Sive standing around doing nothing, since it's kind of in her attitude to do that :lol: Everyone can ignore it if they want...

Oh! I'm going to be in school tomorrow, so if Foxx doesn't post tonight and she doesn't want that part in it, you can feel free to delete it ^_^))

Amaryllis
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaryllis »

Dawn's ears flicked forward, and she felt her leg shake involuntarily at this new development in the foal's already tragic story. She tossed her mane out of her eyes, and laid down on her side, so she was level with the young mare.

"Listen," she said, her voice aiming to be firm yet gentle, "if somebody burned your mother, like you say, it's nothing at all to do with you! And if anyone told you it was your doing, that was foolishness. A misguided opinion, I suppose, if they truly believed it. Sometimes others can do foolish things, and we all have to deal with the after-effects," she added with a small sigh. "I suppose you have to learn to let it roll off your skin like water."

Dawn's eyes sparkled a bit at LunarPrism's talk of her father. "He must have been a very handsome stallion, then, to be your twin, LunarPrism," she said kindly. It was true -- the foal had one of the most magnificent manes Dawn had ever seen.

Beauty couldn't get you far, though, and Dawn knew that pretty well. No matter how strong and brave this foal was, she was a foal, and she needed someone to look after her. Dawn had never been a mother, it was true, and she knew that if, by some stretch of the imagination, LunarPrism decided to accept her offer of help, she would have some things to learn. But, gazing at that little foal, frightened and alone, the mare decided that it would be worth it. She could give the love and compassion that she had never received.

~

Amaryllis watched with surprise as Dawn became some sort of gentle being the girl had never met. As captivated as she was with what was going on with the foal, she could not help but wonder if she wasn't the only one watching. She glanced over her shoulder, and thought she could see a dark, faint shape, somewhere in the hills ... but perhaps she was just imagining it.