Almost Like Velvet (For Id)

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

She turned away, hiding the slight concern that flickered in her eyes. "Whats up? Sounds like a cat got your tounge or something." She glanced at him over her shoulder, then quickly flicked her gaze back to the shore, hesitating.

She could feel the atmosphere getting tense, and it bothered her. Beneath that ever so cold exterior... A shy and confused mare was hiding. She pawed at the bottom, brushing the surface of the water with her muzzle.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

He tilted his head a bit, his smile distant and a bit cold. "I wonder..."

His voice was soft, a bit out there, almost as if he were talking to himself. "How much you want to know, and how much I am willing to trust you with."

Everything felt off to him, and the bitter burn in his veins was changing him. He looked down at the water, the setting sun painting it the red of a bloody sky.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

She cantered quickly out of the water and shook herself, sending droplets of water everywhere. She glanced at him over her shoulder once more, thinking hard. "What the heck are you talking about? You're starting to sound crazy."

A chill ran down her spine, causing her to shudder. The sky was slightly creeping her out, but she wouldn't shot it. It was rare that she ever showed anything that she was feeling. "You know you can trust me... Right?"

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Id reared up suddenly, sending the water flying around him in a flare of crystalline droplets. Hes truggled to control whatever was raging inside him, again. After so many years he had thought he left it behind. Tiamantra was right, the Ares would have him forever.

It was awhile before he trusted him to speak again. "I am...sorry that you have to see me like this, and I am sorry if I am unsettling now."

He lowered his head, his eyes closed slightly in pain. "...I trust you enough to see me like this. It is the price I pay, or maybe you pay, for my memories. I will ask you again, how much do you want to know?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

She sidestepped when he reared, glancing at him nervously. She silently tried to collect herself, and stood there, appearing as calm as she could. "Don't be sorry. You've done nothing wrong."

She paused for a moment before answering. "Nothing if it makes you feel worse or all if it makes you feel better."

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

He laughed out loud, a sharp, knifelike sound, tearing at his throat. "Nothing wrong..."

He glanced at the sun. "I suppose there will always be questions, and I will have to answer them. What is it, that you want to know about my tangled story?"

It was creeping back into his voice, that subtle mockery. No matter how hard he tried to fight it, it was always there.