Almost Like Velvet (For Id)

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Tiamantra..." She repeated the name softly to herself, glancing at the water flowing about her hooves. Then lifted her gaze to Id once more. "What was she like?"

"How is it easier? I don't find it easy, I find it comforting. I like it when no one know's what I'm thinking." Oh, but she was curious about him. Curious about his past, and why he turned out the way he was. She'd ask him eventually.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

He snorted and shook his head. "It was...nothing, nothing. What I said, it was not about you, just, something..."

He gave another flip of his mane. "Forget I said it. Tiamantra, she..."

He furrowed his eyes, trying to recall the details of her personality, stepping back into that tangled past he wanted to leave. "She was cold, calm, vicious. She was insane, the same as all of us, but she hid it well. You could just see it move beyond the surface..."

He shrugged. "We were all madmen then, so it did not matter. None of it did."

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Madmen? How so?"

She slowly walked farther out, closer to him. Slowly decreasing the space between them. She paused a couple feet away, flicking her damp tail.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

He smiled wryly, looking out at nothing. He could feel the burn in his veins, not rying to swallow it down.

"Being addicts, we were all insane, slaves to the Ares."

He shrugged. "She died like the others, went down in flames of her own creation."

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Oh..." She glanced down at the water, feeling a slight tinge of guilt at bringing up something such as that.

"Was she a good friend of yours?" She was also slightly curious as to what he meant by 'Ares', since she had never heard of such a term. That would come later.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

His smile was bitter, but his face otherwise impassive. "She was nothing to me, really, other than a memory. None of them were. I do not think I began to care until Brittle-"

He stopped. He didn't want to go any further, not anymore into the story. It would prompt more questions, and he wasn't sure how deep he wanted to go into these tales.