Two Hearts Meeting

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

shaking his head, Sparkle turned away from her, hiding a small, painful tear. she may not understand but he'd gotton all the answer he'd needed when she pulled away. he'd give her time. if nothing else he could learn to love her in a different way.

"never mind hun. it's all right, just know that there's many kinds of love."

shaking his head again so that his main hid his face he nodded to the stream and said "that leads to a lake no too far from here. we could watch the sun and take a swim. and if you could...if you ever want to help all i'd need is someone to listen now and then."

not waiting for an answer, not wanting to scare her off with so much being new, he trotted heavily to the stream and started following it to the lake. even if she didn't follow, a little swim would make him feel better. there you always had to move, and that made it harder to think.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Blinking slightly, Mist followed the stallion. Her heart felt heavy with guilt, for what, she didn't quite know yet. She really, really had to talk about this to someone back home...

"I'd be happy to listen," she offered, trying to keep the glow still in her voice, anything to lighten the mood she felt suddenly drop.

She looked up at the sun, painting its way through the sky, and gave a small sigh. She had thought this would be so simple...

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle trotted along the stream until he saw it widening and then he slowed to a walk. when they reached the lake he glanced back at Mist, and found that he couldn't stop himself from thinking of her as his love. it would take time to get passed this rough spot.

sliding into the water he sighed sadly, though he hoped it didn't sound that way to Mist. "I'm willing to listen too. that's what friends are for. and since i've done so much talking i think it's your turn."

he did want to listen but his heart was only half in his words. he was scared of what she might say. swimming as far as he dared to without making her feel as if he wanted distance between them he kept moving, trying to still his mind. he had to get out of this meloncholy mood if Mist was going to stay with him awhile. she'd made her choice and he had to accept it. but no one said that it'd be easy.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Mist sat at the bank, cautiously stirring her forelg in the water. She watched as the ripples danced outward over the glassy lake, a fractured painting of the blazing sky.

"What do you want to talk about?" she posed, semi-brightly, but her heart was flickering as well. The mood was a bit blue for her, but she'd endure. "I really don't have anything to say...I've told you all I know, how I live, what I know of my memories. That's all really..."

She shrugged slightly. "Unless there's something else?"

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

thinking that he might as well try and be a good friend even if he couldn't be her mate, Sparkle tried to make the best of the situation. he felt much better now that he had the freedom of water surrounding him.

"I wasn't talking about what you know, love, just things in general. like tell me something about where you live, stories or questions you have, or dreams. it's all right to just talk. pick something, anything. here, this is something...Songhue told me that dolphins can see out of their eyes seperatly, like cammelions[sp?]. and that when they're in trouble they make a circle around the babies. see? just anyhting."

he was still a little nervous that she might call quits on him and leave. when he was nervous he seemed to talk to much and he was worried that that might scare her off as well. taking a deep breath and letting it out he swam in ever tightening circles to force himself to concentrate.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Mist giggled lightly. She cold speak about alot of things if it was a random free for all. Cedar had an extensive library, and she was a well-read mare even if it didn't seem like it. She thought back to see if she could think of anything.

"Ahm," she mused, then brightened. "There's this thing I read once, it's kind of sad, but I like it. It's a philosophical parable or something, about a sparrow that has spent its whole life flying in darkness, and all it knows is that darkness and the flapping of its wings. And then one day it flies into this lighted room, where it is warm and bright and its amazed because it has never seen anything like it, but then it flies out of the room, because it's always flying, right? And then out of the room is more darkness, and more endless eternity, but now it has the memory ad the knowledge that there's something better..."

She trailed off. "It's depressing, but beautiful in a way."