Two Hearts Meeting

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

trembling inside, sparkle heved in a breath to steady himself then jumped in.

"it depends on your heart of hearts. i don't want to remember, i'd much rather forget, but in my deepest heart i know i can't, that it would.....like denying everything that's happened for me. you can't appretiate the good all the way unless you consider the bad. and Cedar....do you know what love is? because if--if you love him then i'd be willing to--to help you get together. but you should know first......Mist i love you. that's why i wanted to talk, why i want to help. it isn't anything that started between us before, that's just when i started loving you. so...will you let me help?"

for some reason Sparkle felt something that bordered on shame. he was laying on his side, helpless, and quite purposely not looking at her so she could have time to adjust to what he'd just said.....or choose not to answer it at all. that's what the shame was. a fear of total and complete alienation. well he'd taken the breath and then the plunge so he'd have to wait and see what happened.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Mist swiveled her head around in something akin to shock. She didn't understand half the things that fell form the stallion's lips, but it was obvious that it caused him pain. But she couldn't understand...

She felt oddly silly, and tried to break down the question as best she could. He looked forlorn, confused, scared, things she could relate to, as she had been the same. But she didn't know how to take it away, only Hellion and Cedar had been able to do it, in ways she couldn't understand or repeat.

She nudged him gently, platonically, and tried a crooked grin. "Heart of hearts? I don't know anything like that, really, but I suppose it must exist. I don't think it would help me much though, I have moved on. Hellion always told me that my amnesia was nothing of my own doing and not to worry about it. I am happy really..."

And now for the difficult part. She had only had vague paintings and memories of love, and she wqasn't sure if she had gotten the right meaning in his words, but she tried the best she could.

"I...I know the love between friends, and the love between siblings, I know them, if that's what you mean...?"

She shook her head, hiding the blush across her face as she spoke of Cedar. She never knew why it happened. "Cedar is...I owe a lot to him, and still a child as I am, I cannot repay him. He is...someone precious to me, like Hellion, and I want...I want to help him like he helped me, only I don't know how. He had been my father, my brother, my friend...I...I l-love him in that way...?"

She looked to Sparkle to see if he could piece her jumbled words into something that might please him. She touched him again gently. "I love you too, if that's what you wish to know. I love you like I love Hellion, Cedar, and the others. I would gladly accept any help you want to give."

((Mist isn't avoiding the question, she really is that innocent, I'm just staying in her character :) ))

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

ooc| i know but thanks :)

adgetaded, Sparkle stood and started pacing again, trying figure out how best to continue. he was sociable, yes, and he loved to be involved, but when it came to speaking of himself....well, he'd always had trouble there.

"You're heart of hearts is a lot like instinct. it's--your concious i suppose. like when you do something selfish, which i doubt you ever would, and try to convince youself that it was the right thing. but it doesn't really work because you feel guilty. all that matters though is that you're happy the way you are, so don't worry about that."

he paused next to her here and returned the gentle nuzzle she'd given before. this was so hard, he just wanted to run with her until they both reached the same places, both in life and in body. it didn't work that way, he knew that, but whenever he got upset he always wanted to run. probably because he couldn't before.

"And this love...there are different kinds of love, like you said, but this one is different. and this is the one i feel for you. it's like nothing else matters, not even you're own self, just that the one you care for is happy. you want to be with them every second, you never want to think of life without them near you, and you have a very odd yet pleasant feeling in your chest and stomach, like there's just not enough room. see, because i feel that for you, i'm willing to help you get anyone that makes you feel that way...even--even if i don't. so you'll be happy. adn Cedar...well first what is this Gaurdian stuff? it might be important for seeing if you--er--have something special with him."

spent, he tossed his main and chanced one last cuddle before walking to the drop off to watch the sun. the war that was happening inside of him was not a pretty one and he didn't want her to see it.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Mist watched him go to the edge of the drop and stood back a little, letting him have a bit of space. It seemed he was going through something personal, and it was all because of her. She was worried. Never before did she know she could hold such power over someone...

She shook her head, and tried to smile at the sunset, knwing he couldn't see it but trying nonetheless. She didn't know what to say now, she felt so foolish and lost. These things were so new to her, smacking her in the face with an almost blinding speed. There would be so much to ask when she returned, and she didn't know who would have the answers. Still, she limped along with the question as best she could.

"My guardian, there isn't much else to say," she looked down, once again covering her face. She could feel that warmth creep up her cheeks again. When she continued, her voice was small, delicate.

"When Hellion found me wandering in her mistress's realms, she knew it wouldn't be safe for me. She took me to Cedar and left me under his care. We live together and he takes care of me, he protects me, my guardian, see?"

She didn't want to chance looking at him again. She really didn't want to hurt him any further, especially if she didn't know exactly why.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"i think i under stand."

worried about Mist, having noticed how small her voice was, he returned to her side and decided to be completely open with her. it was the best thing he could think of. he let his face show the battle, the need to be with her and the demand to make her happy. his eyes were soft and understanding because before he'd crossed her again he'd really thought that he'd only cared for her. this was still new to him as well. approaching slowly he stopped right in front of her, gave her a quick, comforting nuzzle, and kissed her.

"i love you. and that's all right, there's nothing wrong with that. it's just hard for me though because i don't know what you want. you care for Cedar, that much is clear, but if things are as you say i don't think there's anything there yet. but it could develope into that. and for watching over you he will forever have my gratitude. but i need to know what you want with me...do you want me to love you or do you want me to leave you alone? i'll be allright no matter what you say. with time."

ooc| i'm not trying to power play, she could pull away and stuff but he would've said this stuff no matter. just so ya know :)

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Mist jerked back from the kiss, leaving only air where her muzzle had been, startled, and oddly, afraid. She knew as much that it was used between those who were very close, and she didn't know if she and Sparkle were that kind of friend. Instead, she flashed him a small smile, hoping she hadn't offended him.

"Uhm," she said, the situation quickly moving into confusion for her. "I'm still not sure what you mean Sparkle, I told you that I loved you...I think that's what you asked right? If you want to keep liking me, uhm, I guess that's your choice...?"

She hung her head in defeat, really not sure what to say in this situation. She would have so much to ask Eve, so much that would have to be explained. She was grasping at ghosts of explanations, of long forgotten feelings that flitted like vague butterflies through her mind.

"Your my friend, I don't want you to leave me alone. I'd like it if you could help me with my memories, and I could help you to...urm, help you with whatever you need..."

She sighed again, looking up at the sunset which with its bright colors seemed a bitter mockery of her dim impressions. "I'm sorry Sparkle, I'm really lost..."