I Was Waiting On A Different Story

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Shrugging, Sparkle looked at the new Mare, recognizing a brush off when he saw one. She was just as beautiful as any other he'd seen and it brought as smile to his face.

"Just making some new friends. I'm Sparkle and this is Saphy; I'm sorry, I don't mean to stare, but I think I reconginze the rhythm of your breathing."

He tilted his head and looked back at Saphy for a moment. Was he imagining it or did she had the same rhythm as the breeze he'd heard before? And did Saphy notice the way the light reacted to her? This was indeed an intriguing mare.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Eve tilted her head slightly at the stallion's words, giving him a languid half-smile. "I was listening in awhile before, slightly. Maybe you heard me then."

She looked off in the direction she had seen the younger mare come. She could see the longing for home in her eyes, one she recognized so well by her own experience. But the mare had her pride and politeness, and she knew that she wouldn't ask one to show her the way home.

Eve widened her smile, allowing her voice to become a tinge more amicable. "I was thinking of leaving this forest, I have to head home, it is beyond the Hill I passed earlier. Would you like to accompany me? I don't much like traveling alone..."

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

A trip? Sparkle thought, grinning at the mares as they looked at each other. That sounds fun. If nothing else I can learn more about these two.

"I'll go," he offered. "But I would like it if Saphy came too. She's interesting."

He swished his tail and widened his grin, feeling cluless as the mares seemed to be sharing something he didn't know about. But then he didn't know alot about mares to begin with.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

A wave of relief washed over her when Eve mentioned the Hill. "I'd love to go..." She smiled at the two of them, seeming to look alot more relaxed and at ease.

"This Hill you speak of...Is there a small cottage on top of it?" She asked, flicking back an ear when she spoke, keeping the other ear in Eve's direction.

Her gaze flicked to Sparkle for a moment, thinking hard. She had had her father name off all the Serians that he knew of when she was little, and she still remembered some of them... But she couldn't remember if Spin said he knew Sparkle or not... The name rang a bell, that was for sure.

But Eve... Saphire doubted that Spin knew her. He'd probably be waiting at the Hill when she got back, demanding answers to questions that she couldn't answer before he jumped to a new question... It had happened before when she was smaller, when she had stayed out long after sunset with her brother and his friend, boy did she get heck for that.

A smirk flickered onto her lips as she remembered it all...It seemed so long ago...

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

He kept pace betweent the two, falling into the part of observer as Saphy asked if there was a cottage on this hill. For some reason he couldn't think of he seemed to make her uncomfortable. Eve seemed to understand but that was okay; at least someone did. And he was learning something; Saphy was very complicated.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Eve smiled, tipping her head in that languid manner of hers. She nodded in response to the mare's question. "Yes, a cottage, and a stallion too, looking out at the forest. I suppose you are the reason, then. Is he someone close to you?"

She sent another gracious nod back at Sparkle, semi-apologizing for his alienation. But there were just some things that needed a mare's touch...