I Was Waiting On A Different Story

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Sparkle couldn't have been more right. Saphire nodded, then sighed. "It depends which stallion is was. Their all fairly close... But the one your probably talking about is a red one, if so then yes, he's very close."

She pinned back her ears when Spin was brought up, "That's Spin. My father." Her thick purple tail was flicked in irritation, but soon made her outer appearance look more cheery, perking her ears foreward.

"Sparkle...Do you know your parents?" She asked out of the blue, but kept glancing at Eve.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Glad for the chance to at least seem involved he tilted his head at Saphy's question and offered Eve a smile.

"Well, I remember what they looked like and that they were nice but that's all. I can't remember their names or anything else like that. If they wanted to start a relationship with me though they'd find me so I'm not worried about them. It must be nice, growing up with a dad and all that you know'll always be there."

Sparkle smiled, showing that he really meant what he said and that he wasn't trying to be sarcastic. He was glad she'd been able to grow up the way she had and if he had the chance he'd probably set up someone else so they could grow the same way.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Eve nodded, taking in the mare's body language. She was very good at disguising her feelings. "Your father hm, no wonder..."

She looked off into the distance. "I never truly had any parents, except for one, but we have...lost touch, to put it lightly."

She smiled and shook her head. "You two are...fortunate to have a guiding figure in your lives."

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Feeling slightly restless Sparkle tossed his main and gave Eve a sideways look.

"I don't though. I guess I did when I was younger but I've forgotten everything they might have taught me. The closest thing I have to that is Songhue, my bonded; and I know she cares but I can't seem to get to her. She doesn't show how she feels very much. But then I've never heard of anyone getting close to a wind sprite before; you could mean the world to them and they won't show it in any big way."

He paused here, looking at Saphy and allowing himself to wonder for a moment what it was like to grow up with your dad and remember it. Then he pushed the thoughts from his mind and looked pointedly at the sky; he had to admit, he wasn't too big on showing how he really felt either. He and Songhue had that in common; they were listeners.

"So what happened with you? I mean, do you mind talking about it? Saphy seems to be a little lost in thought right now."

He glanced at the mare again and wondered what he could have done to make her so uncomfortable with him. She seemed to be tolerating him.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Eve tipped her head again, that Mona Lisa half-smile still painted on her features. "There is not much to tell. I fell in love, and blinded by that, I turned my back on probably the only one who ever cared for me. Needless to say, I have atoned, but still I am too ashamed to face him again, and have since probably fallen out of his favor."

She shook her head. "Too far gone to be forgiven."

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"I'm sorry for that. You know him best so I guess you're right if you think it's been too long for you to go back but I hope you aren't. I hear love can be hard like that, tricky and not always caring about outside factors."

As if he didn't know. It was perfectly tricky, with no one having any say about who they fell for or how hard. The worst of it was that once it had ahold of you, you didn't mind it.