Glory of the sky [Crystal/and or Banjo]

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

((*blinkblink* I am not worthy! Really guys, you're ones to talk! XP))

Calm orbs tipped in swurling fire studied the mare serenely, and he almost took an involuntary step forward to rise her face, such a belle should never be embarassed!

"Such a perfect contradiction, she stood, with all the boldness of Aphrodite, and eyes which found voice, beautiful soprano melody of the soul. Yet, should such a feather'd angel look so disgraced? It could not be so! Would only a knight, armed with the song of his heart, to accompany the voice of her soul, be able to inspire the lyrics so true?" He asked, smiling and tilting his head to look at her.

"Do not be shy, sweet song of ice. And pardon any boldness on my part. The energy of the stars radiates and consumes me, my tongue cannot be held! But speak, without thought. Consequences are worth knowing the experience, no thought is too bold, no ponderings too obscene." By this point, he had forgotten about the other two, silently noting in his head that they had moved a little off to the side to have their own conversation about their favoured element.

Comet smiled graciously at the male, it was not often one was gifted with a romantic tongue, he had been lucky, and how he yearned to hear more beautiful lyrics of thought from the frosted belle before him. But such a shy canary, sing! "Hear more? Open your ears! A chorus rings around us, the spirits of the elements cry woefully out for the sweet accompanyment. But, I've already said more than my share. Mysterious diva, what would bring your voice to life for us?" His question is on behalf of Sparkle's wondering, for Comet was starting to feel shy himself. He was not often in crowds for more than an hour or so.

Luminaire
Leader
Leader

Post by Luminaire »

((Stop it, you two are killing me. XD No, really I mean it. *lol* ))

Banjo smiles delighted that Sparkle was another sea lover like herself. "Ah yes, to wish for fins to swim and gills to breath the liquid air of the sea, all but a dream would be come true." she looks up, dark navy mane becoming lost against the sky. Banjo loved the sea simply because it was beautiful and full of wonders.

Banjo eyes the two stallies as they beseech Crystal to share more, she really hadn't intended to put her friend on the spot in such a way. She was beginning to worry that Crystal would balk and either blast the males with ice, or run away...or both.

Crystal really didn't consider herself shy...but she was sure feeling that way now. Shy, flustered, flattered, and overwhelmed at the chorus of sweet words. She just couldn't sing, though not for lack of trying.

The mare bows her neck and shakes her fine head, sending her mane into wild disarray of silken purple. One frost encrusted hoof stamps the earth frustrated by the disobedience of her vocal cords. Yet deep inside there was a voice whispering not to share. Her words, her songs, the pieces of her soul. Don't share.

Crystal fought against the requests of the stallions and the whispers of the mind. She wished to do what she wasn't told to do. They didn't mean any harm, but Crystal was adament about doing things her own way, in her own time. Her independence required no less.

Apology shined in her eyes, but no regret as the frost elemental shook her head, no and backed away acouple steps to breath the night air. She breathed deeply, eyes closing as her body relaxed. That was it, she just couldn't relax with so much attention upon her. It had felt like being ambushed and crowded.

Banjo whispers very softly, "Just give her a minute...the lady likes space." she smiles involuntarily at the little pun she'd just made. After all what were stars, moons, comets, and galaxies apart of?
Last edited by Luminaire on Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle's eyes flicker to the sky at the mention of space and his light feeling of floating dissapears. He much preferred the talk of the sea or the pretty words of the two others who made him feel as if he were simply playing at speach. There was no light there, nothing to draw off of, nothing to offer protection from the shadows of night like there was under the trees.

"I think I understand," he murmured, reverting back to hanging his head so he wouldn't see the sky. "They're both very good but that doesn't mean that they like to show it off. I do hope they realize how good they are though."

Tossing his main, Sparkle eyed Banjo, wondering again what she was all about, simply to keep his mind off of himself. He shifted his weight and looked back at the sky, concentrating with all his might the way he'd seen Comet concentrating, and brought himself next to a great ball of light and fire, a star, focusing only on that and not the darkness that surrounded it. Then his mind betrayed him, turning back to the sea and the way the lights danced warmly against the cool colors under his watchful gaze. He really did love the way they moved across the water. He smiled again and took a deep breath, momentarily lost in his own vision.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

((And she says we're good XP bah, Lumi you silly thing!))

Comet had backed up before Crystal had even flexed a muscle. Truthfully, he hadn't been expecting the other male to have shifted his attention from Banjo, and therefore wasn't expecting the sudden crowding. He hated it when his speech became a performance. It was not something called upon, it was him, he was no actor, and never had been.

"Oh winter's canary, as cold as her hidden splendour, but as bright as the diamonds on the wind." He commented, somewhat sadly. A longing existed, to hear her sing to him. But why him? Why not share her gift? Because... because it was sacred and beautiful, as much as some commented on his speech, he would end his eternal spout of poetry if it meant he could save it to share in a special time. But he had nothing to offer, except his mind. He had so much locked up that he thought about, ponderings and logic, history and information, statistics and legends. Of the sky, of poetry, and random thoughts inherited from his scholar friend.

"Please pardon my insistance, my place is not to ruffle the feathers of such patient and still canary. I contradict my own wishes. The solitude of the night is my company, though I feel rude for admitting it, such a large group is already making me feel off balance." A faint blush accompanied his words as he looked about, three was not a large group by any means, but it was to one used to being on his own. He felt so idiotic for so desperately coaxing Crystal's words. They were hers and hers alone to give. He looked once to the others, already re-engaged in conversation.

"Silence is the epitome of night at it's best. Would such boldness not offend you, I would like some company in contemplating the sky." He made a small motion with his head towards the grassy cliff he always sat upon, the imprint of his form still set in the ground.

Luminaire
Leader
Leader

Post by Luminaire »

((We're all good. XD *snugs all in warm fuzzy goodness* So nice to be loved. ))

Banjo shrugs, "I'm sure they do." she eyes Sparkle as his attention keeps shifting from her to other things. Boy, she must be losing her touch as she can't seem to keep his attention to herself. My feminine wiles must be rusty, she thinks privately as Comet makes another pretty overture to Crystal.

Then Sparkle's eyes seem to glaze over as he was completely lost in whatever vision he was seeing. Banjo flicks her ears, Definitely losing my touch. she decides quietly. Ah well some things were worth getting lost in. The lavendar colored mare steps out from the shadows of the tree back into the moonlight, to gaze at the stars. The magic of the night.

Crystal opens her eyes, letting out a breath that appears as a cloud in the air. She tilts her head to the side, listening to him, feeling much more herself than minutes before. A smile crosses her features in quiet acceptance of all he had offered her, for though she had been surprised in finding a poet, she was certainly no stranger to the compliments of stallions.

Crystal could not in good conscience compare him to that of other stallions however. It was plain to see, he is an altogether different sort.

She comes nearer to him at his invitation, "Your pardon is easily given and nothing held against you." Crystal steps upon the grassy cliff, "Would take more than bold words to offend." there is amusment lurking in her voice that had melted from frost to water. The clearer tones an easier sound to understand, but there was no mistaking the temperture is still cool.

One twinkling ear turns toward him, "I've no doubt you can tell me many things about the sky I did not hear before." Indeed she was curious, all his prose having wetted her appetite to hear more from his lips. Yet, strangely she was feeling less like revealing her own...mystery was something she rather liked to wheld...for a time. It was a mare's perogative to be so.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| *snugs back* You are loved, but I really ain't that good, thanks though *blushes* :)

BIC| Blinking back to the present, Sparkle was surprised to find that Banjo had moved away from him and he immediantly scolded himself, blushing from his rudeness as he went to her side, tossing one weary glance at the sky.

"I'm sorry, I've been wandering. Please understand, I have a few things I'd rather not think of so I distract myself from them. But I must admit, Banjo, the night is good for one thing; it proves that even shadows can't hide what you have."

He offered a friendly and apologetic smile with these words, then nudged her neck, hoping she'd forgive such rudeness from someone normally so sociable, and mumbled, "So tell me, my pretty one with the dancing ribbons, what is it you like so about the night? If I were to pick something it would be the moon, for her light is most unique. What could draw your attention?"