Meeting New Friends

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She understood.

Songhue was utterly shocked at how well she was recieved. The memories thickend with the leaves, swirling around in their heads as she bound from leaf to leaf.

This leaf was her, small and pale as her mama, the larger, darker leaf tried to get in the way of her paw, the dark dragon. And then there were no leaves; there were wind sprites, her mother thier wounded and dying leader all of them fighting against the army of darklings, and she was in the middle, learning the skills she needed, finding a talent that would have otherwise remained forever hidden.

And she was herself; she was all that was left of that army that had fought for so long, her mother having long passed and Songhue living only by luck as she'd been too scared to move when the final attack came; she had only been a child by thier standerds and the shadows had hidden her. The shadows had hidden her. The little hare stopped chasing leaves and started attacking them, pouncing and crunching each beneath her paw as she shifted into a small white cat. Now she was the big one. The darklings wouldn't take her home, or her mother, or the very last of her kind. She wouldn't end up in a valley chasing leaves that tumbled in a wind Sparkle's friend had wanted...

She froze, stock still and staring at Peppermint and Sparkle. She hadn't even told him about the war that had decided her life; but now the memories had been pushed to the front of her mind, and that meant Peppermint had been able to feel them. With a sigh she changed into her true form, a small creature that was about 4-5 feet tall with blurred edges and slightly pointed ears that brought out her freckles. She had the face of a child as she was still young, but the body of a woman since she wasn't that young. hundreds of years had passed and still hundereds more would come. The light colored dress that fit like skin almost dissappeared against her porceline pallor, the white sun hair flowing smoothly down her back and over her dragonfly wings. They were a light see through blue with darker tips that would blend in with any shadow, something that was helped by the fact that she seemed to vanish if she stood still. The mare knew her past; she might as well know the form that went with it.

Sighing, she ran next to the mare, easily keeping pace, and touched her shoulder as she pushed her plea to the front of her mind. I don't like to talk about it. I don't like to admit that it happened. You are the only creature that knows. But now you know why I don't talk about my past.

It was as close as she'd come to saying 'Don't tell Sparkle.' The decision was rightly hers to make, and Songhue wouldn't influence it in any way. She had a deep sense of honor and a bone-rooted need to help others that all tied back into what happened. If Sparkle knew it would dim the light that made him who he was. She couldn't hurt him that way.

Tearing her mind away from the past, and the feelings it brought with it, she changed into a white squirrel before Sparkle could see she'd shown her true form; once someone had seen it they could command her to take any shape they wanted and she would have to obey. It was a form she had only ever shown him before, and then just the once. Showing Peppermint had been a huge sign of faith. At the moment though she wasn't thinking of any of this. She was concentrating with all her might on the winds that tumbled the leaves around her as Sparkle scampered next to her, loving the way the sunlight made all the different colors brighter as they danced.

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

Peppermint caught Songhue's shock, but didn't have time to react to it as she was swept into the story of the wind sprite's past. She glanced at Sparkle once, quickly, and saw that he was not part of this sharing. Then she was fully caught by the memories, and she couldn't have said whether her hooves carried her on in chase of the leaves, or no.

She felt tears prick behind her eyes as she experienced the sad tale, but she remembered Sparkle and determinedly kept them from falling.

At last she came to herself, and looked to see Songhue beside her, wearing yet another form. From Songhue's mind she caught the fact that this was her true form. She heard the wind sprite's words, and again from her mind caught the hidden meaning.

She reached down and nuzzled the now squirrel-Songhue in a gentle fashion. "I am honored," she whispered, "and I will keep your confidence." She looked Songhue in the eyes, briefly, hoping she would feel all the love and respect Peppermint felt for her. Then she picked up and trotted on, choosing out a new leaf to chase.

The leaf's path brought her near Sparkle, and she flashed him a smile. "This is a lovely place you've brought me to, Sparkle. Are you having as much fun as me?"

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

He really knows how to choose his friends, Songhue thought fondly as she watched the two serians together. I'm glad she understands. I don't even like to think of it; imagine what would happen to poor Sparkle.

Poor Sparkle, however, was having a blast. He stopped in his mad attempt to crush every leaf he found long enough to give Peppermint the most innocently joyous grin and say, "Yea, this is always fun. I thought you'd like it as well, I'm glad you do."

With that he pounced again, very nearly trampling Songhue and chuckling as she surried away from his overly energetic playing. After a few minutes of this though he stopped, still laughing, and looked back at Peppermint. "Hey, are you good, or do you want to do something else? Songhue could keep these winds up for ages so it's really up to you."

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

She winced a bit in sympathy with Songhue when she saw the poor wind sprite nearly get trampled, but didn't say anything to Sparkle as she could see that he meant it all in good fun.

"Oh, good question," she replied, and paused a moment to consider. "I think...I think I could do with a good run. This valley is large, I'd like to see more of it." She laughed and, given his energy, feeling confident that Sparkle would not object, she took off in a canter that quickly flattened into an all out run.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

He laughed as she started to take off, then trotted over to find his bonded, giving her a fond nuzzle before taking off after her. Songhue would be all right in the valley; after all she was a loner, and for good reason since he didn't even know her that well. Sparkle, however, wanted to run, to fly, to chase the sun as far as he could. It wasn't too long before he caught up with her, laughing as the earth pounded under his hooves, and thinking he might actually get high enough to lose all contact with it.

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

She laughed as Sparkle caught up to her. "You are fast!" she complimented him. She noticed his long strides, how he seemed to strain to leave the ground further and further behind. "Do you ever wish you could fly, too?" she asked, and grinned, lengthening her own strides to see how high she could get.