Meeting New Friends

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"Always!" he called, streaching his neck towards the sun. "If I could fly I would be closer to the greatest light there is!" And how much energy would he have then? Enough to do whatever he wanted. He was so lost in this fantasy he forgot himself and wound up stumbling to a stop when he nearly collided with a tree. There were more in the distance; it seemed that they neared a forest.

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

Peppermint was busily (and happily) mulling over his answer, so she didn't see the tree either. Or rather, she didn't see the tree root poking up out of the ground in front of her. Fortunately she'd slowed when Sparkle stopped, but she still went crashing to the ground when her front foot knocked into the elevated root.

She hit the ground, rolled over, and immediatley scrambled to her feet again. She shook herself vigorously, and the dirt from her fall came off in a dusty cloud. "Oh!" she said wryly, "I see there's a tree root there."

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle laughed again, then moved closer to help her up. Yes, there was a tree root there.

"Hey, we found the tree so now do you wanna see the forest? That is if you think you can keep to your feet."

He chuckled, tossing his main, and pranced eagerly between the woods and Peppermint, that crooked grin tilting his face again.

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

Peppermint laughed. Then, with her voice full of mock gravity, she responed, "Well, I'm certainly not going to let them get the best of me." She tilted her head towards the trees. "Bring on your roots, trees! I shall overcome them all!" Grinning, she followed Sparkle towards the forest.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

This was a darker forest than he preferred himself but the dappled sunlight comforted him and made him think of a new game.

"Hey, you wanna race? We'll see who can move the fastest through the trees, but we have to keep an eye on each other so one of us doesn't wander off. The one that gets to the other side first wins."

He winked at her, tilting his head, and then jumped up to paw at some leaves with his hooves. This would be fun if she agreed.

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

The dappled sunlight had also caught Peppermint's attention. While the shadows were deep, they were regularly broken by the irregularly shaped patches of light. She turned to Sparkle when he was done speaking, and grinned at him. Having issued her proclaimation to the trees, she was in the mood for something a bit challenging. "Yes, let's race, but, let's add a little something to it, too. Let's say that we have to move from sun-dapple to sun-dapple. If one of us accidentally lands in shadows, they have to go back to the beginning. It might involve a bit of jumping, and a bit of strategy. What do you say?" Peppermint glanced at Sparkle, and then, being the peacemaker she was, hurriedly added "A straight race would be fun too, if you don't feel like doing the other."