Meeting New Friends

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle was extremly surprised when he came out of his doze long enough to see Peppermint swaying the same way he had, moving with the waters and the life that called them home. He'd been transfixed on how everything shifted and seemed to be hiding some secret of secrets but he'd come out of it long enough to check and see if she as all right; for all he knew she could be getting bored with this while he could stay out here for hours.

Blinking, he slipped back into his stare, glad that she seemed to like this almost as much as he did, and smiling at the fact that he could stay where he was for a good many minutes without needing air. This was as close as he ever came to calm; and no one had seen him this still before so in that area Peppermint was special. He just hoped she wouldn't be shocked the huge difference in who he was above and below the waters.

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

Peppermint was totally oblivious to Sparkle looking at her, or to what his thoughts might be. Not being used to associating with her own kind, she was out of practice on picking up on their more subtle clues.

She couldn't be oblivious, however, to her rapidly depleting air supply. She didn't have anywhere near Sparkle's practice in holding one's breath, so she ran out of air much quicker than him. Reluctantly she decided it was time to go up for air. She pushed off against the bottom, raising a small poof of sand as she did so, and rose to the top.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Blinking through the sandy cloud she'd left, Sparkle followed Peppermint up, offering her a grin and a small shake of his head as the stillness left him. He jumped up onto the shore, shaking himself out, and then rolled in the grass before bounding back up to his feet, eager to move. He couldn't ask her to stay there for him just so he could stop thinking so he got ready to do whatever she wanted next.

"Okay, I showed ya, I hope ya liked it." he said, his voice a slight tease as he tried to get a responce. "If you want I know someplace else too, but it's not as still as the river. I think you'd like it, and since it's been so long you should really take a good look around. Plus," he grinned, "You might get to meet the creature crazy enough to bond with me."

He shook out his main again and then shifted his wieght, nearly dancing in place. When he mentioned his crazy bonded he trotted a circle around her, shaking his tail and lifting his feet high in a prance. Finally he stopped in front of her for an answer, but he kept tossing his main and shifting his weight, his tale peeking aroung him on occasion as he flicked it from one side to the other while he shifted.

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

"He's got a lot of energy," Peppermint thought to herself, watching him trot circles around her. "It's rather infectious." Peppermint found herself wanting to bounce around and trot circles as well. She began to jig in place a bit, before a thought suddenly hit her, stopping her in her tracks. "I don't remember what his name is! I know he said it, but I was so busy being surprised that I didn't pay attention." Blushing furiously, she ducked her head down, trying to hide behind her own legs. She was too embarrassed to even answer his question, though she wanted to tell him yes, she'd love to see what else he had to show her. It just wouldn't come out.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

He was surprised when he saw her duck her head that way, and immediantly stepped closer, nudging her shoulder in concern.

"Hey," he crooned, thinking he'd done something wrong, "We don't have to you know, I was just going to show you this valley where the winds get really high and it's fun to run. They shift all the time, that's what makes it so much fun, and I though you might like it cuz you liked the current. At least I thought you did."

Prancing again, he walked over to her other side and gave a deep bow, his voice going so ridiculously serious he had to fight not to laugh. "So, Lady Peppermint, what would you have us do? I'm willing to follow you, if you'll only lead"

Then he grinned, shifting again with the energy the sun gave him, and let out a soft nicker, trying to help her feel better. He couldn't stay still though so he paced another circle around her, teasing her from all sides and hoping to get some sort of a smile or laugh.

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

Peppermint, listening to his speech, realized how her actions must look to him. Her embarrasement only grew when he called her "Lady Peppermint," though. "He totally remembers my name," she wailed internally.

However, she couldn't leave him to think as he was, so she gathered as much courage as she could, and raised her head enough to look at him earnestly. "Oh, no, please, your suggestion was lovely. It's just that...."

She couldn't help it. She ducked her head again. Forcing it out in a nearly unintelligible rush, she finally admitted, "Ican'trememberyourname."