Meeting New Friends

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Grinning, suddenly feeling as if he'd known her for his whole life, Sparkle stepped close and said, "Don't worry, it's not a trick, but i need you right next to me so you can see."

Then he turned and sent out a huge splash, careful not to get her too wet if wet at all, and a gorgeous round rainbow shown against his hide, mixing with the colors of his hair and then arching over his head as the water rose higher and fell back down.

"It's my favorite part," he explained with a rather sheepish grin on his face, that crook still hanging his smile. "I like to run and splash as long as i can to see how many I'll find."

Then he tossed his main again, chuckling happily with the stream and went back to Peppermint so she could either chew him out or declare her love; either way it was always good fun for him when he got a responce.

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

Peppermint watched the rainbow colors dancing across the splash as it rose and fell. “Oh!” she exclaimed. “Oh….how pretty!” She didn’t even notice the few small droplets of water running down her coat. She grinned at Sparkle when he returned, and listened intently to his explanation. “How many you’ll find?” she repeated, when he was done. Then she peered down at the water, as if to discover its secrets. “Does the water hide the rainbows, then?” She reached out one cloven hoof and tapped the water’s surface with it, watching as ripples moved out away from the twin points of contact.

When the ripples dispersed (which happened rather quickly, with the current) she looked up at Sparkle again, and smiled, aware that she was being perhaps a bit strange, but enjoying herself none the less.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She was fun, he decided, someone he could be a really good friend to. And sweet. Grinning at her question, he stepped back into the current, taking the role of leader, and said, "No, it's more like the light hides them. It takes the light to get the rainbows. But if you get it just right you can have three or four; I once even had so many I couldn't count them in time. They were just surrounding me and it was really cool so i've been trying to get the water just that way again. But I think I need help to, cuz a fish had jumped at the same time. So...wanna go running through rainbows?"

Prancing, he turned in a circle, teasing her, and darted first one way then another, waiting to see what she wanted to do.

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

Peppermint didn’t need to wait to consider her answer. “Yes, I’d love to go running through rainbows.” She watched Sparkle dart about, and then hurried to join him. She laughed happily as the stream water splashed up around her legs and belly, and she stepped higher to make bigger splashes and watching the rainbows form in them. She grinned as she tried to run beside Sparkle, making a game of trying to guess how he would turn next.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Chuckling again, Sparkle led the way, teaching by example how to make the best splashes, and soon they were surrounded by colors, the rainbows over and under and around them in a merry display. Playing with light was much more fun with friends.

Finally he couldn't runany more because he knew it would soon get too hard to fight against the current. laughing, he trotted back the other way, knowing that the rainbows wouldn't show themselves when went this way.

"That was great, you're really good at this. Oh, I just thought of something, you should see how the light dances on the water when you're beneath it, it's really pretty. If you wanna see I know the perfect place to show you."

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

Peppermint was used to running from her daily exercise regime, but going against the current was taxing enough that she was not sorry when Sparkle turned back. She pounced forward to make one more splash, the way Sparkle had taught her, and then turned and followed him back downstream. She grinned at his compliment. “Oh, thanks for showing me how to make rainbows, it was fun! I’d love to see what else you have to show me. Where’s this perfect place?”

She pricked her ears and watched him expectantly, bouncing a little with happy energy, completely confident that he was going to pull out another marvel for her. The thought didn’t form in words in her mind, but she knew she was thoroughly enjoying his company.