Winds of the Dark Night

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Luminaire
Leader
Leader

Winds of the Dark Night

Post by Luminaire »

In the lee of the mountains near Sirii, cool silver eyes survey the grasslands. A silver marked face of royal purple, framed by long silken mane is easily seen from the shadow cast by the nearest mountain.

Hardly a breeze seemed to stir and perhaps all was abit too quiet in her presence. There was an air of awe, or perhaps respect rather than fear, reflected in the silence.

With long fluid steps, the mare comes out of the shadow, slowly revealing more silver markings whoms jagged peaks seperated the royal purple from the wine and coal black colors of her coat.

A fine ear flicks as if to catch a sound, but none was immediately heard. She flares her nostrils delicately seeking some trace of scents, something to catch her attention.

Night is beginning to fall and a mysterious wind begins to blow.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| Mind if I take Path out for a little while?

BIC| The golden mare stood in the shadow dappled sunlight, looking out over the plain and wondering if she'd really seen the shadows move. The sun was a perfect match for her golden coat and the shadows blended with the markings on her hide. Her blue main and tail could have been a sliver of sky seen through the trees and what the shadows didn't cover looked like so much bark.

But those shadows that moved, they made her uncomfortable. So far the only creatures she knew were the annoyingly energetic Sparkle, the odd Songhue, and the social Quest. And in all honesty she really didn't know Quest, that was Sparkle's area. Still, for all she knew there could be others who would attack first and ask questions never. If that was the case though she'd at least get in a good fight.

Tilting her head, she eyed the area and stepped forward, ears laid back in warning as she lifted her nose to the breeze in hopes of a hint at what awaited her.

Luminaire
Leader
Leader

Post by Luminaire »

((No I don't mind at all! ^_^ This is pretty much open to anyone who wants to rp with me and Darkwind. :D ))

The sunny yellow mare's hostile actions affected Darkwind not at all. She'd spent her whole life with her hotheaded twin brother and was quite immune to it's signs in others. She often had to wonder why so many were constantly on edge with meeting strangers, when their enemies were not serians.

Darkwind did not fear other serians at all.

A cool night wind flows between the mares as night creeps ever closer. Darkwind's shadowness was as opposite Path's sunny appearence as could be, but surely on the inside they were not completely different.

Darkwind looks at the setting sun, "Twilight is coming." she says in her smoothest tone that would very likely set Path at her ease. "Soon the stars will grace us with their beauty. It is a sight I never tire of seeing." Darkwind continues to walk forward at an easy gait.
Last edited by Luminaire on Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She pauses at the other's voice, lifting her head to see better. She was a beautiful mare, there was no denying that, and her words were smooth as silk. Path kept her ears pressed agianst her skull.

"I never look at the stars," she murmurs. Her tone was friendly, her voice a deep resonating tembre that made the birds shift on their branches. "I enjoy the twilight though. The dance of the sun's heat being replaced with the cold light of the moon intrigues me."

She would have added to this statement but she was never intentionally rude so she held her silence. This other mare seemed to favor the stars and she couldn't say more without adding that they seemed as fleas next to the might of the moon.

This meant she didn't have anything to say though. Path didn't pry, not even so far as to ask a creature's name. If the inforamation was to be given it would come without her prompting. Instead she stepped closer, looking at this mare with narrowed eyes as she memorized each detailed mark and move. She was the first one she'd met on her own and Path could only hope that things went well.

Luminaire
Leader
Leader

Post by Luminaire »

"Perhaps, they are not as bright in your sky." she says in reply.

Darkwind smiles slightly, "On the coldest nights when the moon is full and the sky clear, the moon showers all with soft light." she watches the horizon start to blush with evening colors. "Tonight is the New Moon however...the stars shall have the sky all to themselves. The land shall be in deepest shadow while dazzling lights dance above it."

She tilts her head looking at Path, admiring the bold markings and her light colored mane. "You have a lovely coat." Darkwind compliments sincerely. "And that tail ring is really pretty, where did you get it?" she asks ears perked forward in curiosity.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

A complement. Whoever this mare was, Path was starting to feel relaxed around her. She perked her ears forward, flicking her tail absently, and looked over at the horizen as the first pale spark flickered into the colors of twilight.

"Foxx made it for me before I went home. My bonded gave it some of her magic so it looks like the stars in the deeper parts of night and helps me to keep warm. I never take it off."

She looked back at the other here, tilting her head slightly to the side and letting her eyes wander freely. "We have a thin atmophere," she said, her voice softening slightly as a smile to stop hearts opened her face. "I can see all the stars, and on good nights I can see a few of the flames they hold. They put on a good show but they don't hold my interest. You, however, do. I admire your markings, and I envy your spikes."

There was no need to be subtle as far as she could tell. If there was something she liked she would say it. She liked the stars well enough, but the stolen light of the moon held her attention because it was unique, not another of the suns that her home circled. Each moon had a different light each night, and there were times when that light could hold a tint of colour. This one reminded her of their beauty, and she liked that alot.