Sparring

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Mist relaxed when she saw Sparkle, knowing he was no harm. She nudged Hinote playfully. "It's okay, he's a friend."

She stepped out from behind Hinote and whinnied a greeting. "Heya Sparkle! It's nice to see you again!"

She blushed slightly as he mentioned his watching, while Hinote snorted lightly at the compliment and turned away, a little bit put out about not having a confrontation. "I hope you weren't watching too long, I'm really not that good..."

She turned apologetically to the mare. "I'm sorry, Hinote was just trying to protect me, that's all. He didn't mean to offend you."

The stallion gave an irate shrug of his shoulders. He glared at Mist sharply. "I meant whatever I said, you don't have to apologize for it. I don't give a crap if she's a lady or not, doesn't mean she gets special treatment."

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Offend? Hardly. I'd never take a word that runt said to heart." She smirked, her eyes seeming to turn from fire to ice.

"Hinote, is it? Such a pretty name" She teased, jerking her head to the side, causing several strands of forelock to be removed from her vision so she could see more clearly.

Her gaze wandered to the brown mare, her voice taking on a more gentle tone. "Tell me, whats your name?"

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Hinote rolled his eyes. Runt? She should be the one to talk. He still remembered when she had been a filly, at the festival, and if he could recall, her name was SaphireSpin. She was ages younger, compared to him. He smirked at her comment, it wasn't like he would take any of her words to heart either. "SaphireSpin's a nice name to, for daddy's little girl..."

Mist kicked him rather discreetly, and he winced slightly. She had alot of force for a move so subtle. She returned the mare's gentle tone with a bright smile. "My name is Mist, it's nice to meet you, SaphireSpin, is it?"

She laughed. "I think Brittle mentioned you. He said at the festival you tried to attack him, and you were just a filly. He said he admired your courage."

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

'SaphireSpin watched as Brittle tackled Hinote, and became furious. The little filly trotted proudly over to the large, horned stallion, and nipped his shoulder. "Hey! That's not nice!"'

The memory seemed to flash before her eyes, sending her into a daze for several seconds. Then that devilish smirk returned. 'Daddy's little girl...? ...Oh, he's so in for it' She thought to herself, narrowing her eyes.

"Great comeback, coming from an old man." She snapped, then flicked her gaze to Mist. "Yes...SaphireSpin...Nice to meet you as well... Although I could say differently for him."

Brittle? So that was the name of the stallion? Hm... "Courage? Unlogical is more like it. Wasn't thinking straight... And I'd hardly call it an attack." The smirk seemed to soften a bit, again jerking her forelock out of her eyes. The darn thing always seemed to get in the away.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle watched the exchange curiously, wondering if Mist would be able to keep up the appearance of manners. Finally he shook his head and almost laughed; fiery serians always got to him.

"Well, as Saphy said, it really doesn't much matter now does it? What was said or done can't mean anything cuz they've already been put out there. And I do think you're good Hinote, no matter how much you object, although I suppose it helps not to be too proud of what you can do so you can get better."

He glanced again at Mist, knowing she really didn't want a confrontation, and feeling as if the others really didn't care at the moment. He still hoped for her but that didn't have anything to do with how he felt at the moment; right then he just wanted to look out for her, which was why he'd tried to smooth things out a little. He did care, no matter what she wanted. And it hurt like Hell. He still hadn't worked up the courage to talk to her directly.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Hinote gave another shrug, then nudged Mist. "Hey. All this social crap is your...stuff." He motioned out to a rock outsropping a good few yards from the groups. "I'm going out there."

Mist's ears lowered a bit. "Hinote...it wouldn't hurt-"

He tugged her mane sharply, cutting her off. "Don't try that social crap on me alright? Don't stay too long, Cedar'll kill me if I keep you out too late."

He turned and cantered off. People were really not his thing.

Mist sighed and shook out her mane, dulling the ache the Hinote's tug had left. "Ah, well, I tried. Well, Brittle got a laugh out of it, and almost no one thinks straight when they are a child. And Sparkle, Hinote never accepts compliments, unless they're from Brittle or Id. He's not ignoring you out of malice."

She shrugged. "Once again, I'm very sorry for his behavior."