Sparring

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Sparring

Post by Silverdust »

Well, there was one thing Mist was grateful to Hinote for. He didn't handle her with kid gloves.

From a distance it could look like the older stallion was giving her a serious beatdown, but closer one could see the tight control of the movements, the pulling back of what could be death blows to mere sharp jabs that would bruise and ache for countless days later. It was actually Hellion's idea that she learn how to fight, and who better to give her a crash course than Hinote, a beginner himself and less harsh a teacher than Id or Brittle would have been.

Hinote had to admit she was getting a hang of the art. Her small body allowed her graceful dodges and the agility she needed to cause fast and fatal injuries, when she got up the gall to do so. After months of living with Cedar, who often used miniscule movements instead of speech to indicate his mood or wishes, she was quite adept at reading body language, almost able to predict his moves before her made them.

She could be a warrior, if only she had the heart.

She was gasping for air by the time he decided they should rest, while he was barely breathing hard. He didn't blame her, however, she was just starting and he had been trained by seasoned warriors.

Mist flashed him that innocent smile, as if unaware of the bruises blooming like dark roses over her hide. "Thank you, Hinote, for taking the time to teach me."

He snorted and shrugged his shoulders, looking over the sunlit plain into the shadowed forest beyond.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle had been laying in the dappled shade of a tree and watching as Mist gleaned blow after blow, wincing with each strike and smiling each time she landed one in turn. He's been right about her; she had a fierce inner strength that couldn't easily be put out. Remembering thier last encounter he wasn't quite ready to show himself but he was more than willing to watch.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

SaphireSpin was watching the lesson from a distance, trying to place names on the two, seeing as they looked fairly familiar to her.

The red stallion, she had seen him a while ago, at the party thing. The mare? She couldn't remember if she knew her or not. Either way, it wasn't that important.

She was at the edge of the forest, the shadows darkening her light coloured pelt, her mane and tail close to being invisible. A fire seemed to be burning in those sharp red eyes of hers, picking up each detail of each movement, even allowing her gaze to wander to Sparkle, the once she had met recently. Hmpf.

Her eyes flicked back to the teacher and student, watching on in silence, a small smirk appearing on her features.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Hinote could feel them being watched, the senses that had been beaten into him by his teachers picking up instantly. He stepped protectively in front of Mist, his senses attuned to finding their watchers. Her eyes widened is surprise, but she slid slowly into a more defensive posture, ears back and biting her lip. She really didn't want confrontation, she hurt and was tired, but she would fight to the death if Hinote needed her to.

Hinote's eyes soon picked out two shapes from the distant shadows of the tree. One mare, one stallion. His first instinct was to rush them, no questions asked, but with a pang he remembered that he was not the only person there. He unconciously pressed closer to Mist. "Run if I tell you to."

He raised his head imperiously. He might as well find out their intentions. He cried out over the field, his voice holding the same fiery arrogance of a challenge. "Well?! Are you just gonna stand there all day?!"

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Startled, Sparkle stepped forward, tossing his main nervously at the stallion's challenge. Instincts flared to life in him, telling him to fight, not for pride but for Mist.

Stop it, he scolded, glancing nervously at the mare. She made it clear that she doesn't want you. If you must torment yourself by wanting what you can't have at least keep enough sense not to ruin what you do.

"I'm sorry," he called, "I didn't mean to intrude, I just wanted to watch the lesson." And Mist "I'm Sparkle, by the way. I'm glad you're teaching her, you're very good."

He tossed another look at Mist, immeasurably proud of her strength and stubbornly tramped on the sore ache that rose in his chest. He wouldn't ruin their friendship.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

She pinned back her ears, and flicked her tail angrily. She stepped out from the shadows, glaring at the stallion and mare. She glanced at Sparkle, then back to the other two.

"You know, you really shouldn't speak to a lady that way." She snapped back, flicking an ear foreward for a split second, only to have it pin back against her skull once more.

She sidestepped, glancing nervously back at Sparkle. 'Oooh... I hope that punk over there doesn't challenge him... I doubt poor Sparkle would stand a chance...' Then again, she's never seen Sparkle mad.

Saphire watched as the stallion pressed closer to the mare,and the mare seemed to look a little more defensive then a minute ago.