The Untamed Wildness

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Luminaire
Leader
Leader

Post by Luminaire »

He closes his eyes at her forgiving touch, the radiant warmth on his skin at last sinking through to the inside. Stormy exhales a breath, beginning to relax inspite of the fear. It was slowly fading away the longer she was there. Oh it was working, that power whenever he looked into her eyes, he felt it would be all right.

But damned if he could help fighting it all the way. The demons did not care to be cast out after having been so comfortable for so long. And even so, his true personality is far more instinctive than reasoning, animalistic even. What wild thing submits to taming without battle?

Though he didn't know it in his mind yet, he'd met his match at long last.

Stormy did not believe her when she said it barely hurts, he knew his strength and he had not been pulling his punches. The water had slowed his movements some at the least.

A spark of respect rises for her courage, she'd saved his hide risking her own. Took a chunk out of him too while she was at it, Stormy is reminded.

It surprises a laugh out of him because truely it was funny. "Saved by a bite on my butt." he chuckles, "The pain hardly matters in this case." Stormy looks at her, Trust is indeed surprising in many ways. She is beautiful, seemingly fragile, yet possessed true serenity, strength, and courage. Most importantly she affected him in ways he'd never known.

The rain falls slower, and the clouds slowly begin to move on. The pain behind his eyes ease and eventually cease. Stormy didn't know why he got such attacks, nor why they only stopped after he used some of his magic. No one else he knew had this problem.

Stormy begins to get to his feet. "I suppose you're wondering what caused the circumstances." he states matter of factly. He wasn't even sure if he was going to tell her, yet.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Trust could feel the stallion beginning to relax. Good, she wasn't sure his body could take much more strain, he really needed to rest a while after nearly drowing, and that after nearly running himself into the ground. She still wanted to ask him about that, but she was afraid it might spark something inside him again. Better that Stormy rest, or even sleep if he could. She could always find out later.

The clouds moved on. Yes, they must have come at his summoning, that was his power. She had yet to discover her own. Certainly she had some control over water, but nothing like the power those of the Sacred Sea had. Her power of serenity then? But if a power it was, she hadn't the slightest idea how to use it, or even it was possible for her to turn it on or off. But it seemed to be working, or perhaps it was simply her unquestioning presence. Maybe all he needed was someone to be there.

Stormy got to his feet unsteadily. She wanted to help him up but there wasn't much she could do due to her aquatic half. The mare was capable of doing little more than half-rising on her forelegs to lift her front half off the ground. She didn't even try, allowing the stallion to regain his feet on his own terms. He was young and strong, and recovered quickly...physically at least.

Trust looked up at him, his grey and violet form blotting out the sky. Just like a storm cloud himself.

"Yes," she said simply to his question, her voice soft and encouraging. If she knew what was wrong, she might be able to do more for him. Trust hoped that he was ready to talk, to tell her the tale of his pain, for she felt that whatever it was that tormented him would never be exorcised so long as he kept it to himself. That *thing* fed off his silence.

Luminaire
Leader
Leader

Post by Luminaire »

Once he gained his feet Stormy rather wished he hadn't, he felt weak still. Taking in deep slow breaths, just standing in the warmth of the sun now drying his soaked coat. There was a very heavey feeling in his bones and he wondered when he'd become so bone weary.

His sunlit eyes focus on her blue violet form, he couldn't imagine it was easy or comfortable for her to be on land. Those transperent fins probably didn't care to get dry. The stallion stops himself, wait a minute why did he care? Because damnit she'd saved his life, and while she was sort of the unintential cause, he owed her to care at the least.

Or at least that was how he justified his feelings to himself. Stormy shakes his head some trying to understand how things became so tossed up in a matter of minutes.

He sighs at her soft voiced answer, what was he to say?
"I'm really not sure I know why." Stormy replies slowly. But something inside me is afraid of you... that he couldn't say, no way does anyone he know admit to such a weakness. Stormy didn't see how she could help besides...there was no help, or so he believed. Things are the way they are...or were they?

The stormcloud stallion becomes pensive...if things are the way they are and aren't going to change, then why had he been so afraid of her touch? Things had changed and Stormy is really confused. She could see it in his face how confused he is.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

OOC - luffs your avatar pic, that your little kitty?

She tilted her head to one side to see him better with her right eye. Standing, Stormy now blocked the sun and it allowed the fish-tailed mare to look at him without being blinded. She listened to his answer that wasn't an answer. Oh, it wasn't that she thought he was lying, he probably truly was not aware of the reason, at least he hadn't faced it yet.

He looked...weary, even old somehow, as if his body were tired of the life he had lived up till now. It had held on to its strength by denying everything, but now that he had to stop and talk to her of it, it was like it had given up.

And he was confused. She could see he wanted to run but at the same time not. His body couldn't have physically done so anyway, and so in a sense he was trapped. Perhaps he didn't like this uneven footing he had with her, though it wasn't as if she could do anything while on dry ground herself. But he was afraid to show weakness, that she could sense. There was also something more, but she hadn't yet been able to figure out what it was.

Trust decided to take a different track. Leave out the fiasco in the river and backtrack a bit. "Where did you come from? I've not seen you by the river before, and I have travelled most of its length over time."
She left the question somewhat vague enough that he could reply with the history of his birth and colthood, or he could begin just a short while ago with the fateful run that was to bring about their meeting.