Morning in a New Land

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Amaryllis
Regular
Regular

Morning in a New Land

Post by Amaryllis »

Dawn slowly raised her head to greet the day, in both the metaphorical sense and the literal one. Stunning red and golden hues struck a coat of similar brilliance as a sturdy female serian stretched her limbs, shaking her head until her mane fell the way she wanted it to. She blinked her eyes in sleepy annoyance. Why did the morning have to come so violently on the days when all a person wanted to do was sleep?

She caught herself thinking that, and let out a little whinny of amusement. Here she was, only awake for two seconds and already thinking cynically about things. After considering this for a moment, she shrugged it off. There had been a time in her life when she had decided quite firmly that she was going to take a more positive outlook, but she had passed that time in her life and didn't quite want to bother anymore.

In any case, she knew that sleeping was not the thing to do today. There came a time in everyone's life when they simply decided to throw everything aside for a bit and see someplace new and different. For Dawn, the choice of where to go had been glaringly obvious. Shatter was good company in his own way, but ... he made her nervous, to be quite honest. It had been a surprisingly long time since Dawn had seen anyone else of her own kind, and she was longing for conversation that didn't consist of discussing how best to decapitate an intruding rabbit.

So she had manged to find her way back here to her homeland. It was time, she told herself firmly, to be sociable.

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

The black mare trotted blissful through the forest. Her head was high, and her eyes were so full of energy and kindness. Her blue mane and tail flowed out behind her like a banner. Every step she took was so full of grace.

The mare had a lot of energy to get rid of though. The last couple weeks her mind felt like it was swirling around and around. Now she was finally able to relax and enjoy herself. She looked up ahead and in the distance spotted a bright spot. The meadow was close, she hoped not to run into a certain serian. Then she could break into a gallop down the meadow and into the sea.Then she would lie down in the shallow waters. Lying down in the water and having it wash up against her, made her feel calm and peaceful. It also helped to wash away all the thing and thoughts that were bothering her.

I need a new image holder...lol

Amaryllis
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaryllis »

After a bit more looking around, Dawn spotted a black form scattered with brilliant yellow galloping away from her. Her mane fell down into her eyes, but she ignored it, shifting her legs in indecision. Should she approach, or wait for someone to come to her?

Finally, she decided to be assertive, whereupon she began to trot almost lazily through the sweet-smelling grasses. She tossed her tail and looked around, almost as if making sure there wasn't something better to do, before resuming her study of the graceful, elegant mare. She almost felt nervous, but she set those feelings aside; she was Dawn, after all. Nobody, she liked to think, scared her!

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

The black mare kept trotting to the meadow. When she was a few feet from the entrance something caught her eye. There was something silvery out in the meadow. The sunlight bounced of it and the mare had to squint to see were she was going.

She slowed to a jog, then a walk. She thought, please let it not be him. Though she didn't think it would be, because he liked the dark and not the sun. She then halted to let who ever it was come over. Though she was ready if it was that serian.

Amaryllis
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaryllis »

Dawn slowed down, eyeing the mare she was headed toward. Though Dawn might have been wrong, the black creature looked rather nervous. Wondering if it was her making the mare react in such a manner, Dawn stopped a few feet away from where she normally would have, hoping that she didn't look threatening.

Er ... you okay? she asked haltingly, cocking her head. Feeling slightly awkward, she glanced down at her foreleg. I never thought my colors were that garish, but maybe I was wrong, she added jokingly.
Last edited by Amaryllis on Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

[ Sure Butterfly can join as long as Amaryllis says it's ok. ^.^]

The black mares let out a sigh of relieve. "Sorry, I thought you were someone else?" Her eyes returned to their normal state. "Hi, I'm Amber!"
She shook her head, her mane falling over one eye.

She looked the mare over; she seemed a little shy/ nervous. She didn't look very confident. Though she seemed friendly and seemed to have the air about her that she wasn't very social.
Last edited by Kyra on Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.