Looking into the Tiger's Eyes

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Luminaire
Leader
Leader

Looking into the Tiger's Eyes

Post by Luminaire »

She strolls along the riverbank in the fields. The sun shines off her golden brown coat, and sparkles off the scattered jewels that flow from the corner of her amber eyes on down to her legs.

Her tufted feline tail waves gently as she walks upstream. Tigress really preferred more dry areas, but she couldn't deny that it is very pretty here and the water looked so cool, and inviting.

The Warrioress stops and crouches at the water's edge, pausing to look into the water a moment before taking a sip to drink.

((Calling all availible warriors. Calling all who are interested in starting a new circle!(and some who want to make more friends) ^_^ ))

Achz
Regular
Regular

Post by Achz »

Practising in the shallow, slow current water of the large river can be very dull to one who often accepts challenges including swimming up waterfalls. But practise must be done, in all degrees of difficulty. You must be prepared for anything. Mystic tells himself, day after day.

Today the suns rays speared through the crystal clear water to gently pass over Mystics smooth blue coat as he continued to fix his cerulean eyes upon his surroundings, concentrating on remaining hidden, moving along with the bottom dwelling plants. Swaying back and forth, completely apart of the natural world. Feeling his mind wander once again he thought about the amount of time that has passed since he has waited for something, anything to approach. His stomach grumbled and his eyes ached to see the fields without the water barrier before him.

Suddenly a shadow passed over head, someone was strolling along the riverbank. A golden blurry figure appeared at the edge. As Mystic watched with anticipation, the figure slowed and stopped by the water edge. This was the moment Mystic was waiting for. A surprise attack! Of course he knew it was only practise but a large grin spread across his face as he remembered the last attack. In truth he never would hurt anyone who was not really up for it, but creating surprise attacks keeps his skills sharp and also keeps him form boredom.

Planning the exact second to spring so as not to reveal his presence until it was too late, Mystic waited until the figure was leaning over the waters edge. With a precise beat of his powerful tail, Mystic launched himself towards the surface.

((OOC. Sorry it took me so long, bad day lasting forever :cry: :stress: .))
One bright night in the middle of the day, two dead men got up to play. Back to back they faced each other, drew thier swords and shot each other.

Luminaire
Leader
Leader

Post by Luminaire »

Tigress got a very sudden and very strong feeling that she was not alone. She did not see anything in the water because the light was at just the right angle to reflect off the surface so well that, she could only see her face. Nor did she see or hear anything else around her.

But the warrior knew that most attacks came while getting a drink.

Her honed instincts told her that she had better move!

And so she did with a great leap, Tigress reared up forehoofs striking out, and tail lashing for balance on her back paws. Her golden brown body moved back from the water's edge acouple steps thus balanced as Mystic broke through the surface of the river.

Ears pinned back fiercely, Tigress gave him a smart rap between the eyes with one hoof. Then she twisted her body sideways to get all four feet under her before swinging her backend around in a bucking kick. Finishing with a whap from her gray tufted tail, Tigress moved out of his reach before turning back towards the other warrior.

None of those hits(if they hit at all) were meant to do more than mildly stun and surpise him.

She had a grin of her own on her face, "You'll have to try alot harder than that, to get the drop on me, honey!" Tigress says in her sweet purring voice, that voice was known to weaken male knees all by itself.

Tigress tosses her gray mane to the side and eyes Mystic with her amber eyes. *tail flicks* "Whats your name, handsome?" Her ears perk forward in interest, though she was trying to start a conversation with him, she was alert and ready if he wished to spar with her some more first. ;)

((OOC: Oh thats all right. *snugs* I'm sorry you're having such a bad day. ;.; I hope everything is better now.))

Achz
Regular
Regular

Post by Achz »

Breaking through the surface revealed two major details that his keen eyes could not pick up underwater. The first was that the golden figure was a Serian mare. Ordinarily he would never do anything to harm a mare or even another Serian, only give them a great surprise. He often marvelled at the way the more skittish Serians (even stallions) would leap back in fear. The second fact was that she was not even the least bit frightened. In fact she was ready to wallop him, numerous times.

And wallop him she did! Right between the eyes! The shock of finding the mare ready to battle did not take him any longer than the initial blow to realise. Mystic then skilfully dodged her rear hooves and then her tail by a slight retreat backwards. Intrigued by her attack that was, like his, not serious he forced down his instincts to retaliate the blows with some of his own and decided to assess his opponent before her next assault. Quickly noting that unlike other mares he has known (not that he has met many) she was not the least bit frightened of him as a warrior.

Perhaps she was one herself. That would make things very interesting. As she spoke he heard the unmistakable purr in her voice, a weapon in itself if ever he heard one. Liking the way she seemed to be toying around with him, Mystic felt compelled to play her game. Slowly, gracefully and very skilfully he strolled up the riverbank towards her again.

Never once letting his gaze wander from hers, knowing that locking gazes not only allows him to study her but also to predict her movements. She was not going to hoof him again without him returning the hoof ... he is only hoofed once per mare. Standing only inches away from her he inhaled the deep scent of her, noting that his suspicions were correct, she was indeed a warrior. And so must be watched carefully.

Drawing up to his full height on his two front legs he looked imposing to most. Looking down upon her casually with a slight grin on his face to show that her charms had not the effect it should usually have he decided to do a little toying of his own.

'Maybe next time I will.' His own voice was deep, slow and calculated. Noting her alertness to attack, quickly he altered his stance with a turn of his head and powerful tail Mystic aligned himself parallel to this alluring mare. Flicking his tail quickly from side to side, gently tapping her tail playfully Mystic thought of a very quick way to get back at her and almost maybe cool her fiery warrior temper that could very well be directed at him.

However I do concede defeat this time ... for now. His voice now gave the hint of mischief within it, knowing that she would pick it up and perhaps help her understand what he had to do. Suddenly his next tap on her tail was no longer playful, the next time his tail touched her with enough force to send both her and him towards the water.

Skilfully Mystic dived majestically into the water, showing off his tremendous talent at games within the water. Slowly drifting backwards away from the edge of the water with a large smirk on his face he revelled in the game that she started. He watched and waited for her reaction as he slowly drifted away.

((OOC. No its not really. My best friend is leaving, moving away from her troubles. She decided to start over a new life, took her two days to decide. And now she wont listen to anyone, not only that but I will be going on vacation for a couple of days and so I wont be here to say good bye. :( Such is life eh? ))
One bright night in the middle of the day, two dead men got up to play. Back to back they faced each other, drew thier swords and shot each other.

Luminaire
Leader
Leader

Post by Luminaire »

The idea of being afraid never occured to Tigress, what was there to be afraid of except fear itself? Certainly, if the situation had been anything other than a playful warrior stallion, something of great danger she could of felt alittle scared, but would not of shown it nor certainly have let it affect her in any negetive ways.

A warrior had to be able to fight, to defend itself and especially others who could not defend themselves. Her total confidence in herself and her abilities were what had her ready to wallop him before she even saw him. The small hoof mark between his eyes gave her much satisfation in how well she had placed that hit. Though her other retaliations hadn't landed, for which she was almost glad because her back paws probably would of stung alittle afterwards. The pads were tough, but tiger paws were not hard hoofs. Their only compensation is the sharp claws.

While he had accessed her after his surpise jump out of the water, she had accessed him during the wallops she had delivered. His reactions had shown he wasn't a threat. Oh, he could possibly beat her in the Arena, he was a warrior after all, but he wasn't out of control. A warrior with no control over their reactions was a very dangerous creature indeed.

She watches him, he is most certainly interesting and Tigress was a mare who appresiated interesting. A water serian she thinks to herself as he moves onto the land. A large one.

"You're being pretty bold, handsome." Tigress says with a little smile as he plays 'tails' with her. Tigress is nicely impressed by his tail, now thats something she would have to watch out for in the future. Tails were very useful..for alot of things.

Little did she know how right she was until he sent her into the river with him.

Tigress was far from having a fiery temper just yet. The golden mare surfaces and laughs. She flows through the water showing that she is also an excellent swimmer too. Tigers are known to love water and she shares that trait with them.

Playfully, Tigress fills her mouth with water and then sprays Mystic. "I may not have a fish tail or fins, but I'm no stranger to water." she says in her honeyed tone.

"You didn't tell me your name." she tries again a minute later while floating on the current. He might begin to realize that while she had seemed to be toying or playing a game, she wasn't really. Tigress was just being herself as always.

((Gosh, I'm so sorry. :( *Snugs* ))

Achz
Regular
Regular

Post by Achz »

The slight spray of water that shot out of her mouth gently trickled down his snout. Watching her paddle about within his water realm as though quite content and noting that she did not bait easily, Mystic recognised these similar traits in himself. Not quite the same of course, he must admit, but similar.

He knows that if a warrior rose to every challenge, insult, joke, game and different personality encountered they would forever be fighting wars for no real reason or gain but will be sinking ever lower in respectability. Respect to a warrior is very important. Especially to those who enjoy a little game or competition between others. Ones such himself who are very competitive and can sometimes be found in meaningless childsh battles such as the one Mystic was now contemplating.

He rolled onto his stomach and boldly, confidently (and perhaps stupidly) glides right up to face her. Capturing her amber eyes with his own once again he spoke in his own cool, confident, deep voice which flowed in time with the current.

'My name? What is in a name? A rose by any other name will still smell as sweet. What about your name? Please enlighten me with your name and I may honour you with mine.' His tail slowly beating in time with the lapping of the minature waves, created by the two Serians, upon the shore.