Dark Majestics [Ash]

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Re: Dark Majestics [Ash]

Post by Rainer »

Her unspoken question wouldn't be answered, for he had no idea where he was taking them. He was laying all his cards down on the table and rolling the dice, taking a chance with the little he had.

"Free?" That was a word he hadn't heard in a while, and he was tempted to ask what she meant by this, but instead he came up with another idea. A sly smirk cursed his muzzle and he glanced back at her.

"Why? Do you wish to imitate me?"

This game of cat and mouse never seemed to end between them, both seeming to take turns eluding the other's reach. Ether wouldn't deny that he enjoyed it though, it made things much more interesting.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

She looked up at him and couldn't tell what he was thinking again, whatever little glimpses he let her see inside were few and far between and left her with no real insight as compared to before. It was mysterious and... worrying. If he was a great actor, this could all have been one big play. She wouldn't be able to stand that, having her own game turned around on her, to see what it felt like to be lead along and then cast aside. She would deserve it, though. Swallowing back a lump in her throat, she reminded herself that it had never been her choice, until now, and now she chose freedom.

"If there is such a thing." She laughed and tossed her head to the sky, turning back to look at him with a quizzical look when he asked his question. Her face was a mixture of mirth and something... different. She avoided eye contact for the moment and when she looked back her face was beautiful and blank, unreadable.

"Share with me your secrets and perhaps I will be the one showing you how to be truly wild and carefree..." Her dancing orbs darkened for a moment as a slow grin spread over her impish features. Flicking an ear, she tried her best to appear innocent and harmless- the challenge lie in her gaze. If he gave her but one night of freedom, it would ruin her forever, just as she had intended it to, and she'd never go back again. The forest seemed to close in around them as if to appear larger than it really was, and she let out a tension in her muscles. Perhaps he could find his way back, but she was just as blissfully lost as she'd hoped for.

There was a stretch up in front of them where the trees cleared out to form a sheltered trail, though it looked like nobody had ever used it as such, so wherever it lead, it would be still within their little lost paradise. Taking a breath in, she glanced up at Ether's handsome form once more.

"Close your eyes, and run with me." She kept her eyes open to make sure neither of them got hurt, and because she was already completely lost. She wanted him to be lost as well, and if he wandered this area as often as she expected, he could probably still find his way back. No, she was testing him now, playing their game again, bold as ever before though she had no idea what to expect.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

His brow was furrowed and he simply stared at her from the corner of those blank red eyes. He didn't know whether she was serious or not, or whether he should trust her. Well, she had trusted him to take her this far into the depths of no return, so he should atleast return the favour. How innocent of him.

He gave a sigh of defeat and slowly closed his eyes, his stride becoming noticicly slower and bringing him closer to her. His side grazed hers and he rested his head next to her shoulder, allowing her to be his eyes. He thought this was pointless. There wasn't a place she could take him that he didn't know, he had a lot of free time to himself after all.Why not spend it wandering aimlessly.

Thoughts were bouncing around in his head, bringing him to the conclusion that he was going crazy. Letting this mare lead him to the middle of no where. Certainly he was the one losing his mind, not his test subjects.

"My secrets will be my demise, there is no doubt about that. They haunt me constantly, I wouldn't want them doing the same to you."

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

He had become somewhat introspective suddenly and she lead him along at a steady pace, letting him speak without sight, not being able to see her frown. Those words were so... unlike him, or at least, unlike the way he presented himself to the world. What secrets did he have then, that were so dark and condemning? She couldn't help but wonder, and being as bold as she was, couldn't help but vocalize that curiosity. Whether she truly wanted to know the answer or not, well, she was hoping for the best either way.

"What could be so bad about your secrets? You should think much less of me for mine, but I don't think yours could be quite so embarassing or hurtful." She lowered her head, grazing his accidentally but not shying away from the move. Truthfully, the contact had been unexpected, she hadn't asked for it, but he'd done it anyway. The thought made her pulse speed a little, though inside she cursed herself, knowing he'd notice it and possibly prod at her to find out why. She'd admitted stranger things aloud lately, however.

"I think I am much stronger than you expect. Though your concern is sweet. Burdens are hard to shoulder alone." It was an offering, an opening, if he so desired to take it. She had in her years been the one to avoid such topics, but lately she found herself opening up more. Caring about others had never been a strong suit, but she was eager to learn and try out her newfound skills. She wasn't easily befriended, but she truly wished to be able to erase the tone from his voice when he spoke of himself in such a manner.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"I'm a perfectionist," He paused for a minute, noting silently her pace change and quirked a brow, "Only in a different sense of the word. Do you follow? So in attempts to attain this perfection, I've done bad things to good people."

Ether was in no doubt a scientist, and he had wanted to create a perfect world. There's only one way you can do this.

"I had to erase the flaws in others, to create a world without imperfections. The only catch was, my original subjects were too closely tied with others, their loved ones, you might say," He shook his head, wondering if he should go on. Without warning he stopped dead and snapped open his eyes, watching her carefully.

"I mutilated not only their bodies, but their very spirit as well. They became nothing but walking, breathing statues, fearing and hating all that I told them... And I became hunted," He snarled these last few, crucial words, and turned a harsh glare to the ground between them.

There wasn't a doubt in his mind that she would fear him now, or atleast hate him as much as the others did.

He decided then and there he would hold no grudge against her. No, never her.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

She listened to him speak, her eyes widening only once, but softening to something more delicate. Not pity, no, he would not want that and she despised giving it, but... a sense of understanding and sympathy for what he went through in his own mind. As often as he, she was the culprit and never the victim in the eyes of others, but it was different to be locked on the inside, to understand the master plan. It was painful, in a way she'd felt like she was the victim of herself for giving in so easily, and secretly, enjoying the life she was escaping from.

She, too, would be hunted. She closed her eyes to shut out the fear and pain, not wanting him to misunderstand what was on her mind, it wasn't him she was shutting out. The bitter words might have made her flinch, but instead she leaned her head up just a touch for the most tender of kisses. She wanted him to know what it was to feel something other than bitterness and pain, and this was the first thing that her body told her to do.

"I played puppetmaster onto the stallions who adored me, too, always finding imperfections in them as if to justify my actions to myself. They loved me, and I let them, I lead them on, made them feel special... and then I would vanish. I left them broken, only to find me again in the same old showroom, catering to another's stallion's affections." She lowered her gaze, speaking only inches away from him now, knowing that if he left her for her imperfections now, at least she had had that one pure moment with him.

"I didn't feel anything with them, not when I shattered their hearts, and not when I was playing the smitten mare. I was pretending for so long, I thought I'd never know what it really felt like to be in that situation for real, to feel for a stallion the way he did for me. I... think you're changing me, molding me, but in a good way. You understand me, and I think, I you." She didn't need to ask him if he understood, much like she didn't feel the need to say she understood him. It came out in their actions, and what they shared between them in words and expressions.

"I don't think less of you, but I'll understand if my imperfect actions drive you away. I don't think I can make up for my past, I can only try to move forward now and pray nobody finds me and brings me back to that."