Dark Majestics [Ash]

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Dark Majestics [Ash]

Post by Rainer »

The sun was just setting, bits of lights slipping through the heavily wooded area. "The light is leaving..." The words hissed out, a smirk flicking onto the oddly patterned stallion.

His head was raised and his lips parted, an eerie sound coming from deep within his throat, almost like some sort of screech.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

Her body pounded with the exhertion of having run the last few miles, her eyes were alert and bright against the coming darkness which seeped in and wrapped about her with comforting icy hazed grip. She stopped abruptly when a peculiar sound met her ears, and ducked her head, blinking once and settling her eyes on the silhouetted objects still touched by the daylight. Ash was of the night, simple as that. Her colours lacked the warmth of the sun, the only part of her which truly held the spiraling light was her eyes, which even now were the definition of electric blue. Two sparks contained in her eyes, and even that was false light. Fake, electric, without warmth. Cold sparks of light.

A strange watery pattern rippled off to her left, but she knew from experience that the only water source was not for another half a mile. She was nowhere near a body of water, and it had not rained hard in about a month. Absurd, trick of the light. Surely. Yet the next steps taken were cautious, her face neutral. Not much phased her, and she was difficult to anger. Curious, soft spoken, untrusting. But so logical, lost beneath that icy exterior were so many opinions, such flawed personalities had she encountered. So phony and boring, she lacked the intrigue to really bother with other Serians. Not that she was an elitist, not really, but she needed someone who had a mind excelled like her own.

She had an artist's streak in her, she drew pictures in the night, and found beauty in the most peculiar things. In fact, under her cool and casual attitude, she was a little peculiar. Just plain and simple. Not alarmingly so, but rather... quirkishly so? Hard to place, hard to define, hard to categorize. She was not one thing without another, she was a contradiction, and yet she was easy to understand. You just had to think without complexity, not trying to complicate things to understand them.

"I've seen your movement. I'm not going anywhere. Do with that what you will." A half-sided smirk was given to the empty filling of darkness around her. The sun was setting very fast, which suited her just fine.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

This ones coat made him look like an old statue, the paint slowly chipping off in random places. At some points his mane and tail melted into the air like wispy clouds fading into the sky.

His eyes lacked the pupils that others held, and were one solid colour, untouched by hatred but had a certain chilling effect to those who dare look him in the eye. Yet somehow... He was pure.

An ear flicked in her direction upon hearing a voice. He had figured it was another voice whispuring among his thoughts, but reality struck him across the face once more.

Ether watched her from the corner of his eye, a smirk playing across his lips. "I'll do nothing, it's a free country. Now do what you want with that."

Last edited by Rainer on Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

She allowed a small laugh and shook her head. "Well, I had thought you were attempting to scare me off. Apparently that's not so. Smart move, I'm not easy to scare. Wouldn't want to bore you." She left it at that and perched on a solitary rock, soaking up the rising moonlight with a soft smile. She knew he could see her now, and she hid nothing.

"Is hiding your thing?" She asked, peering into the darkness where she could just see the outline of his figure and a few tinges of red. Surely, he couldn't be shy. He didn't seem that type. A star or two dotted the still colour-touched sky above and she spared a glimpse, fairly confident that he would not attack her.

She turned her head back down and adjusted her eyes immediately. She just had that... skill.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"It's the only reason I live." He replied bluntly. He said no more, figuring that she would be smart enouph to know that the sun caused his unique eyes too much pain for him to be seen in daylight.

The vivid red stripes stood out against the other colours of his coat, along with his hooves. "Whats your excuse for being out at this hour?" His question was asked with a hint of interest in the topic, the dark always seeming to be on his mind.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

She considered the comment a moment before tilting her head and smiling that mysterious smile. "Well, I see no harm in you stepping into the moonlight so I can at least see who I'm talking to." She shrugged, indicating that he could do as he wished, but merely that it might be polite of him to show himself. Surely, he couldn't be some kind of wretched, beastly monster.

The bright red was all that she could see, and she wondered for a moment... just how safe it was to invite him near her. She'd heard rumours lately... rumours of something far away on Sionayra at the moment, but nobody said how fast it would travel, if it were true. "My excuse? No excuse is needed. I live in the night. I sleep during the day." She left it at that, simple, and without providing too much information. Little did he know, he was not the only one with a light sensitivity.

"Friend or foe? Don't mind the bluntness, but it's always smart to take precautions." Her electric eyes danced, the colours seeming to swell. Somehow, nervousness, fear, it was exciting. The unpredictable, the unexpected, they were wonderful factors of life to her.