A chill in the air

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

A chill in the air

Post by SunBlind »

The mare didn't know why she had come to the fields. Apparently SunBlind had promised to have her come here as soon as possible. Sky wished that SunBlind had asked her opinion first though. She had been quite content on her own up until now.

Sky was born of the Altar of the Arctic Winds, and whether that acounted for her chilly personality or not, no one knew. SunBlind had been secretly hoping that there would be a Serian out there who could melt that icy heart of hers. She felt that the solitary mare could use a friend and that the mare wasn't as cold as she liked people to believe she was.

But Sky wasn't going to make befriending her easy...

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

The brightly colored stallion had been wandering around and chasing butterflies to pass the time when he saw the wonderfuly cool looking mare comming in his direction. she looked pretty tough but he was okay with that--after all he was friends with Stice. and if nothing else some company would help the day pass.

"hey there, need someone to walk with?"

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Sky gave the stallion an icy glance. She'd noticed him playing with the butterflies and assumed he must be a little...simple. But at the same time he seemed harmless enough. SunBlind had told the mare to behave and not to hurt anyone's feelings more deeply than necessary. She decided to be civil, at least for a while.

She allowed him to approach her and she nodded cooly, letting him start the conversation if he chose to do so. She could always hope that he was just passing by.

OOC - sorry, office dinner party on Wed's

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

noticing the simple welcome Sparkle decides to test the waters. there could be any number of reasons for this and he's learned to respect what goes on in another's life. so many want to pity him for being alone for so long but the time let him observe things that had nothing to do with him. he feels balanced because of it.

"So what brings you out here? my bonded, Songhue, wanted me to try and have fun outside of home so i wandered over here. oh, my name's Sparkle by the way. i like you're colors, they're very pretty."

grinning warmly he matches his pace to hers, a slow mix between a walk and a trot. she seems highly competent and he respects that as well. it's because of this that he doesn't ask her name. if she wants him to know it then she'll tell him.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Well, it appeared he was going to talk to her after all. She had to admit he wasn't pushy but she still would have prefered her solitude in the hills of SunBlind's Realm. So he wanted to know why she was here? Well, she'll tell him.

"And my name is Sky. My bond SunBlind thought it would be a good idea if I got to know some other Serians. I hadn't really befriended anyone in her Realm, so she felt I should try here." Sky shrugs, "I don't understand everyone's obsession about friendship, seems like a lot of work to me." Her voice continued to be cool, with little emotion.

Sky didn't respond to Sparkle's comment about her pretty colours. Not being very well socialized, she didn't know how she was supposed to react to that. In the end, it made her seem a little vain, as if it wasn't so much a compliment as it was a fact.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"i guess it could be seen that way," Sparkle said with a slight chorttle. "i wouldn't really know that well, i don't have many friends myself. and she does seem to care, sunblind i mean, if she's that concerned about how happy you are."

he paused for a second before saying what he next wanted. he wasn't sure how to put it in the right terms and sensing that this was a mare he would soon have a great respect for thought it best to consider the matter.

"d'ya know, i've never seen anyone quiet like you before. do you get your beauty from a parent or a certain alter?" Sparkle had, he hoped, said this conversationally. he wasn't trying to seduce her, he knew she wouldn't allow that, Sky was much too controled. but to him her bueaty was a fact. it was the same as asking about the markings on his side.