Wave Breakers

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

occl Yes, you should wait for her to reply.
I need a new image holder...lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| Sorry, y'all, I was waiting for Uni last time I saw this and I couldn't get to a comp for a few days after that. *facepalm*

BIC| Path snorted lightly at the waves lapping around her hooves, her sky blue main tossing happily behind her as she continued at an easy canter. Her deep brown eyes were alive with light as she moved along the shore, a very slight breeze playing with her forlock as she rolled as easily as the waves themselves. It was good to simply get out for a little bit.

The thought brought forth a sharp, bright flash from her tail ring, the only indicator of her moods at certain times. If it wasn't for the slight grin that still haunted her face and the easy way she held her head, there would be no telling what mood she was in even now. The smile, however, quickly faded as she saw shadows up ahead. Strangers.

Slowing her pace to a gentle trot, then again to a slow walk, so approached the others with a slightly lowered head and a rather blank face. One of them seemed to have gotton into some sort of trouble, because she was laid out on the sand and didn't appear to be moving. The other, however, she knew.

"Hello Crash. Ma'am. Are you well?" Moving closer, Path allowed her short main to fall over her eyes, her ears tilted slightly in a show of concern and her tail flicking nervously. It was a habit she'd had for as long as she could remember, this flicking of her tail whenever she met someone new. Now, however, it was more concern for this new mare than concern over meeting her. Lowering her head further, she took a close look at Crash for a sign as to what had happened. So far the only clue was the quickly drying mist of water that hung on her coat.

StormSilverWolf
Leader
Leader

Post by StormSilverWolf »

Sign blinked some of the water from her eyes and coughed up more water before staring at the two new comers...
"I'm *blech* Oh Sorry... ! I'm afraid a kind of sucked up some of the lake there and well... Drinking its fine, Breathing it on the other hoof is a Whole different matter. But I'll be fine once a cough the rest up."
She blinked up at the two from her plunked position... They seemed nothing but big dazzling shadows against the sun to her. Suddenly it occurred to her that she hadn't introduced herself...
"Oh pardon... I'm afraid the tumble in the water rather addled my manners a bit. I'm Sign, how do you do? I'm alright... Really. I was just playing in the water when a big wave caught me by surprise. Not often that happens but there you go... And well, I just did a little spin cycle, swallowed half the lake and was promptly put out here to dry it would seem." She smiled a bit shyly at the two through the unruly mop of mane. Only then noticing the strand of seaweed was covering one eye as though it were an eye patch.
The one called Crash didn't seem a bad sort but the other one seemed a little aloof. Sign struggled to her feet and resisted the urge to shake off the sand and seaweed... She figured it wouldn't do to shimmy off everything onto strangers.
~IMVU- StormAmberWolf~
Peace within.
Your resident Wolfy
~(*~

StormSilverWolf
Leader
Leader

Post by StormSilverWolf »

:ooc: Uhmk... Somehow I Knew this thread would die. All of mine do. :?
Ah well such is life. Well at least I tried. :P
-edits- I just Now spotted Uni's post about being gone. I just figured it died like most of my other threads did, sorry.-

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

occl that's ok.

Bic| As he approached, he could see that the creature was a dark blue mare, which he had never seen before. He slowed down to an easy trot and turned his head around at the sound of his name. He spotted the bright yellow colored mare, Path. "Hello Path, nice to see you again."

He waited for her to catch up, before walking closer to the dark blue mare, once he was a foot or two away, he stopped. "Nice to meet you Sign, though are you sure your ok?" He lowered his head a little, his eyes full of concern. "The waves can be mean at times, and very rough. You just have to show them whose boss", he added with a chuckle. "I have never seen or heard about you before, are you new here? Also", he said turning to look at the yellow mare, "This is my friend, Path."
I need a new image holder...lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Path took a few steps back as the mare stood -what was her name? Sign?- and gently tilted her ears back a little. It wasn't an unfriendly gesture, just a guarded one. Nodding her thanks to Crash she stepped forward again, her expression softening quite considerably with the easy way Sign had joked about it. The spin cycle and being hung out to dry, that was certainly something to think about. Nudging gently at her, Path headed back towards the shallows and mumbled "Come now, we'll clean you up -again- and let you sun dry instead of being tumbled. Crash, would you help me?"

It had honestly surprised her to be introduced as his friend; more than anything though it had humbled her. So far she had only dared considered the somewhat insufferable foal-stallion Sparkle her friend. And even that had been out of neccesity. Path, however, did have to admit that he was teaching her about lightening up. She could remain courteous without being quite so stiff. In any case she had natural instincts for mothering and taking care of this new -er- friend was simply to be expected. That might be why Sparkle viewed her as an older sister even though she was considerably younger than he.