A River Flows Through It

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

River pondered Wisp's scientific explanation attempting to draw it out to its logical conclusion, "Well then, air is good for us on the inside when we breath, and doesn't really bother us much on the outside, except when it's really cold. Fire is pretty bad on either side one's body." He winces at the thought of that, "And earth...well, on our outside it makes us dirty and on the inside it makes us sick, especially if you try eating it...did that once as a foal and I don't recommend it...though when its under our feet it stops us from falling through to the other side of the world...."

He suddenly wondered what the other side of the world would look like, and what life would be like if there was no ground under their feet. Would they fall forever? Or would it be more like floating. He spoke these thoughts aloud, then glanced at Wisp as if he might had the answer to that absurd situation.

But before he got the chance to answer, River added, "Who's Ether?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

His smile twitched, and he began to look a little too happy, to the point of risking looking fake.

"There are pros and cons to everything, gaurenteed." Wisp was taking into consideration what River was saying, that was for sure. This was probably the most he had though in a long time... He could already feel the slight throbbing in his forhead.

"Ether..." His smile faltered, before he forced it back, hoping his friend hadn't caught it. "He's not exactly someone you want to get involved with. He changes people, messes them up. He calls himself a scientist, but I think he's crazy."

The warmly coloured stallion shrugged, sighing heavily. Being out like this was so troublesome... And he didn't really feel like speaking of Ether, of all serians.

Let's just say they weren't on the best of terms anymore. Ether had taken his experiments a step too far with a close friend of Wisp's.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

River was completely unaware of the mental strain he was putting Wisp through and nodded along to the comment about the pros and cons of things. "Yup!" he added cheerfully. Though it still didn't really explain why water on the outside makes some Serians sick, ah well. Life would be boring without mysteries.

And talking about mysteries, "That Ether guy sounds kind of scary and a little mean. I mean being a scientist is pretty cool but he shouldn't mess with people." He pauses a moment, trying to remember something SunBlind had said, "If you mess with your subjects you're changing the conditions of the experiment...and then it doesn't mean anything anymore...or something like that anyway, I was never very good at that science stuff. Someone should point that out to him though, maybe he doesn't realize what he's doing wrong?"

Then the blue stallion grinned goofily, "Or maybe he's a mad scientist!" He stopped to beam at Wisp, almost as if he expected praise for the cliche.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Wisp grinned, chuckling softly. "Thats actually a very good way to describe him... A mad scientist..."

He was very tempted to say that Ether knew perfectly well what he was doing, but he didn't want to dampen the atmosphere.

"Well. What shall we do now?" The stallion wouldn't make it quite obvious, but he was eager to change the subject.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

River scanned the horizon. What should they do?

"Why don't you bring me to your favorite place in the Fields? You are Red Sands I'd guess? After dragging you through the cool waters you should be allowed to drag me someplace comfortable to you."

He'd never been anywhere hot and deserty, (at least he figured that's what Wisp would like best), though there were regions he could easily get to in SunBlind's Realm like that. However, he'd never thought of doing that before, so he was curious.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

He thought for a moment, trying to pick out a place he could bring River without getting too close to Rainer's place. He didn't want to go back just yet.

"I'm not here a lot so I don't really know many places, but I do know one..." He sighed, looking to the west of their current location.

Wisp's gaze flicked back to River, grinning like a fool.

"I hope you like the beach."

He turned on his heel and began trotting off toward the woods, which hid his 'hide-away' on the other side of those tall, intimidating trees. He looked back at the other stallion from over his shoulder and slowed his pace slightly, waiting for him to catch up.