A River Flows Through It

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Wisp didn't have to wait long. "The beach!" River exclaimed, and cantered forward, quickly overtaking Wisp. A few strides later he slowed, realizing that he didn't know which way to go, so it really didn't make sense for him to be in the lead. He slowed to a trot.

"I've heard about beaches. The ground is supposed to be sandy and it runs into the water, the ocean, right? Though I've heard that big lakes can have beaches too. Is it the ocean or a lake? I've never been to a place with salty water. Actually, I've never been to a beach before, can you believe it? I should probably roam SunBlind's Realm more. There's a little bit of everything there, but then I only moved in a short while ago and I was still exploring the Hills where the rest of the Serians live. But I've heard lots of people like beaches, especially in the summer, so I've always wanted to see what made them so special..." and on and on he went, the voice in his head forgotten. Or perhaps the voice decided it was a good time to hide before the thoughts swirling around and through the blue stallion's head ran it over and flattened it into a pancake.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Wisp grinned, listening to the excitment and wonder rising in the other stallion's voice.

"You should be happy to hear that yes, it is an ocean. Salt water in all it's glory.", He paused in front of the forest then in the blink of an eye had charged on again, weaving his way between the trunks.

He didn't bother to look back to see if River was following. He figured that if he started losing him, he would hear his voice fading into the background. Otherwise, he wouldn't worry.

ooc| Sorry it took so long. :stress:

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Wisp certainly would have had no problem keeping track of River. The stallion kept up a constant stream of commentary, whether about the ocean they were heading towards, or the forest they were currently in. After a bit River's monologue was interrupted by a bit of panting as their sustained rush through the trees was causing him to get out of breath, but it certainly didn't stem the flow of words. Nor did it slow his hooves. He wanted to see the ocean and didn't want to stop to rest before they got there.

After a while the trees began to thin as they reach the edge of the woods. River stopped talking long enough to sniff the air then asked, "Are we there yet?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Just about."

He glanced at River from the corner of his eye, watching his movements with a small smile curving his lips.

Today was going to be a good day, he could feel it.

When the woods were becoming less and less dense, he knew they close. But he didn't realize how close. When the salty air hit him like a tidal wave and his food struck the grainy texture of sand, he stopped and grinned.

"We're here... The beach..."

The sand was so clean it was almost white, and the water was clear in the shallow parts but got quite murky farther out. The sun was lingering just above the horizon, reflecting off the glassy surface and making him squint.

How he had missed this...

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

OOC: Sorry I took so long to reply!

River nearly crashed into Wisp's hindquarters, then looked over the other stallion's back at the expanse of white, nealy blinding to eyes used to the shadows of the forest. His mouth gaped open in wonder, his senses bomabarded by the smells and sounds.

Then his blue body was in motion, a blur racing across the sand to the water, chasing a retreating wave, and retreating in turn as a second wave approached the shore.

He galloped back to Wisp, ran a couple of circles around him, then back to the beach. One might wonder where River got this energy, after having run all the way here. It must have been something in the air, air which he drew in with deep breaths, savoring the salty wet scent.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

ooc| I'm sorry as well. >_<;;

bic| A soft grin graced Wisp's lips, enjoying the energectic atmosphere that was morphing around him.

A couple steps were taken toward the salty liquid before he dropped to his knees and flopped over. Much to even his own surprise, he began rolling. Tiny grains of sand fell from his form as he jerked himself up again, shaking as best as he could, but failing horribly to remove the substance from his coat.

He should have learned from his last visit, sand gets everywhere.

His gaze wandered over to River again, the grin remaining but appearing to be a little more playful then earlier.

"So, do you like it?"