A River Flows Through It

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

River wasn't much of a talker himself, having spent all that time with no one to talk to and all. He glanced up at the sky when Wisp did, that "nice weather" comment had sort of just blurted out, and he hadn't really realized how nice it really was. Good thing it wasn't raining, he'd probably have said the same stupid thing.

River was relaxing somewhat in the presence of the other Serian. No longer was this a big open, empty, field. There was at least one other around and that was enough to ease most of his worries. He looked about, "It's kind of my first time here. You come around often?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Me? Nah, I tend to stay at home. Not exactly a social butterfly." He flashed a weak smile before turning to the side.

He tilted one hoof on to it's tip, so his body was leaning to one side. A heavy sigh was given, before he glanced at River from the corner of his eye.

"As for you? How often do you visit this place?"

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

"Kinda my first time...to the Fields anyway" River replied, glancing around to take the region in. An involuntary shudder rippled down his back, again giving that liquid effect.

This was then followed by an awkward silence. River wondered at Wisp's attitude. Was the stallion annoyed at having to deal with the blue-coated newcomer? Was that sigh one of exasperation? And that smile seemed a bit forced. Could it be he wasn't welcome here? After this place had held him so long, he wasn't allowed back? He scraped the ground with a hoof.

"Am I bothering you? You want me to leave you alone? You probably had some place important to go." He blurted the words out. Yeah, that was probably it. He did say that he usually stayed home, Wisp would probably only be here because he had to get somewhere.

But River didn't want to be alone, not here.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Soft laughter erupted from Wisp's muzzle. A grin was cast in River's direction, a quick "You worry too much." Was said.

"I have no where important to go. And no, your not bothering me."

"First time? What's kept you back?" He wanted to keep the conversation going. If that died, then an uncomfortable awkward moment might arise. Wisp hated those moments.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

River felt the heat flush his cheeks, he was glad for his dark coat that hid his embarassment. He really put his hoof in his mouth this time!

"Yeah, my first time..." He felt a little uncomfortable talking about it, raking up old memories that he'd rather forget. But he wasn't like Wyvern, who had taken it into his head to run from his past, literally. Wyvern may have boundless energy, but River would get tired eventually. Besides, he knew everyone thought Wyvern was a nut. He didn't want people to think that of him.

"I guess I was afraid to come here before. Bad memories you know. My first bond had abandonned me...and I was in a...well lets just call it a bad place. And then the Festival came and nearly went and I was still alone! Fortunately SunBlind had a few tickets left and brought me home." He shrugged.

"I know its silly, I wasn't even anywhere near the fields, but I was afraid it would make me feel alone again." He paused to look about. "But its actually really nice here."

*Sure it is* the sarcastic voice said in his head. River flicked an ear and it quieted down.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Wisp felt the need to put on a silly face and cheer the other stallion up... He seemed so... Down to him.

So he did, putting on the biggest grin he could muster, he said "Your never alone in this place! I betcha that theres tons of our species walking about near by. Theres so many of us... It's almost impossible for one of us to be alone."

The grin seemed to falter for a moment, before it seemed to become a little forced. He knew how it felt to be alone for such a long time, basically outcasted, unwanted. Then to be suddenly shoved into a pen with several other serians that he didn't know? It wasn't the festival, but Rainer had told him that she had won him in some sort of raffle, a long time ago.

Sure, he didn't know the intimidating crowds of the festival rushing by, but he knew enough to pity the other male.