just to spite

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

He tail twitched in a mild annoyance and she flicked her braid again. Her eyes darted away from him as she tried to recall.

"I haven't met...someone like you. That is the way, correct?"

He was uncomfortable, she didn't know why. Something was making him angry, she didn't know what. True, he hid it excellently, his mask near flawless, near unreadable. But she had been raised to read the body like a language. Emotions were no difficulty for her to figure. It was the causes that eluded her. Her alienation, her fractured childhood. The social cues that others had learned at infancy, she was still stumbling to learn, a blind man in the dark.

She hated it, but she was resigned.

She trotted past him and over to one of the broken-winged gargoyles, chipping at it anew with her hoof. She smirked a little at his last comment. "Still needed the test. Can't know that...you just walked in. My skills aren't well. And you are...strange, no, that isn't...hm, I cannot read you like the rest, harder."

She glanced back. "Understand or no?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Understand, and correct."

Ether gave a slight nod, watching her move past him from the corner of his eye. A critical look passed through his eyes for a moment before it faded into nothingness.

"I take pride in not being able to be read like a book. To allow someone whom I hardly know to do such a thing would be an invasion of privacy."

His twisted smirk appeared to grow a little, an ear flicking back to follow her movements... Listening to her hooves on the ground and the chipping of the statue.

"You remind me of a gypsy of the shadows, not one of those flexible dancers... But well... One that travels from town to town, being chased out by the villagers... You know? Like an outcast."

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

She knew not the words 'gypsy' or 'outcast', but from his motions, the tons of his voice and the look of his eye that she discerned the meaning. How strange, this must be what it is like to be read.

"Gypsy...outcast..." she rolled the words off her tongue, as if playing with them. She looked to him out of the corner of her eye. "Learned speaking...only..a year. I read...the movements. How...when I was child...how I learned...survival."

She shrugged her shoulders. "My instinct. Can't change."

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

He was looking at her quite carefully now, ears slowly moving back. The words were running through his head, trying to connect them and find meanings to what she was saying... Finally it clicked.

"So basically your a mute? Or a young child, just learning their first words?" He asked, trying to make it simple.

Ether sighed, his head drooping slightly.

"You make words sound so complicated. If you need to, stop and think about what you need to say. Don't just throw thing in. I'm patient, I can wait until you have what you want to say."

She made it sound like it was him who wanted to change her. He wouldn't touch what he didn't know, and he wouldn't believe what he couldn't see. That's how he lived. And right now, since she was something he didn't know, he wouldn't touch her.

"Instincts are nice, on occasions. Since they are often incorrect."

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Uncomfortable now, or tired, perhaps irritated? He misread her again, she could see that clearly. The reason she didn't like the words, didn't like the voices.

"Instinct wrong. So...then I am. I have no care."

Sh chipped a little more before moving on to the next. Destroying, the only thing she was really good at, the only thing she had ever known. "I...do not like words. They lie."

She looked at him. Conversations to her had always been a test, always watching the other to see if she got the right answer, the right response. "Actions lie, but simpler."

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Her words lingered in the back of Ether's mind while he paid more attention to what she was doing then what she was saying.

"If you don't like them, then don't speak. As simple as that." He quirked a brow, watching her with crimson eyes. He was hiding behind that knowing smirk again. He acted like he knew everything when really... He hardly knew anything.

His gaze followed his movements, watching as she continued her motions from the corner of his eye. He turned his body so he finally faced her, then slowly began stepping toward her.

Hooves stopped when he was a couple feet from her side, the rhythmic clicking ceased from cracking through the air. He took in a deep breath, the smirk faltering for only a moment. "If actions are simpler, then read mine. I dare you."