just to spite

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

She nodded vaguely at this, her eyes still studying the other with a scrutiny that would make most embarassed. "Sure, yeah, same."

She trotted around, footfalls clear cut in the night, and looked at the stallion from a different angle. She seemed to have no end to her boldness, her audacity, which was probably why she was alone. She flipped her head, causing the banded strands of her mane to switch over her slender neck.

"Rogue?" she asked again, noting the evanescent strands of his mane, like blood in water. She peered at him expectantly, hoof once again flicking at the water.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

He tilted his head, the red stripes under his eyes sliding around his neck like blood tears. "Correct. For the type you'll have to look to my name."

His own step on the marble floor sounded much like a crack of thunder in the quiet of the night. Maybe it was his large frame? Why did it matter? "Like what you see?" He asked in a sort of tease, not letting go of the fact that she kept staring at him.

With a sassy flick of his tail, he spoke again. "This your place?"

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

"Yes," she answered, could've been to both counts, could've been to the last words. She smirked suddenly, her face darting close, eyes tracing those bloody masks.

"I wouldn't look, then, if it didn't."

She was distanced again, now, trotting to the other side of the lake. Hot cold, hot cold, like the phases of the moon and sun in fast forward. The golden bands in her neon hair half-glittered in the light; they were getting rusted.

"Show me the power that gives you your name," her voice wasn't plaintive; more of a command than a request, fueled by that dangerous curiosity.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

A simple smirk was her reply to the first two comments.

Show her? Fine. He approached her and lowered his head, making sure the water was the correct temperature: freezing cold.
"Naturally 'refrigerated' water. Ready?" Another smirk soon followed this, and he focused casually on the glassy surface beneath him. A faint yet sweet odor erupted from the liquid, and a deep breath was taken in.

"Ethylene Oxide, the smallest cyclic of Ether. Either a sweet smelling but cold liquid, or a colourless flammable gas. Great for those pyros."

A short pause was given, before he went on. "I don't fight, if that's what you were expecting."

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

"Hm," there was a trace of a smile as she bent to examine the liquid. HInote. She would keep this pool for him then.

She looked back up at the stallion, tipping her head to the side, almost childlike. "Fight? No, not against you. Testing, that's all."

She trotted over to another one of the pools, water still clear and unblemished. She bent down agin, examining herself in the water, almost as if she were appraising her own value. "I am no warrior, but I was raised among them. Fight or flight, the instinct that I live for. Needed to know, for which to use with you."

Words, so troublesome. She had never ever gotten the right hold on them, raised in by motion, raised by violence and action and raw feelings. She tore from the reflection and considered him again with her sideways eyes. "I never have met you, one who has power, and yet not fighting."

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Your lucky then. Not many have met me." He stated the fact plain and simple, turning to face her. It was actually quite obvious to him that she wasn't great with words, her choice of them made him smirk.

"You don't have much to fear. If I had decided to attack, for some idiotic reason, I would have long ago." A swift bow of his head was given, the smirk twisting at the ends. He wouldn't trouble her with saying that it was usually the other way around. What could he say...? He was a scientist, he liked to experiment.

Ether watched her, like one observing the sleeping creatures in a zoo exhibit.

He could still smell the liquid behind him... He hated the scent. It reminded him of all those happy-go-lucky types, that thought everything was peachy and nothing bad was going on in the world. Those types sickened him.

Although, he would put on that foxy grin and hide behind it, like a fearful child at Halloween.