just to spite

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Re: just to spite

Post by Silverdust »

She glanced back at him, almost amused, while her hoof continued it's steady deconstruction. Distance of a few feet, not strangling, not even intruding really. She smirked.

"I would. Except you were not listening, close. Before...I said you are difficult."

She cocked her head though, attempting to humor him. He was, after all, the first she had known outside the strange girl, the three warriors. But he had something they did not have, something that crippled her. The reliance on something other than motion, other than violence, to say what went on in their minds.

"Distance, but not distance...knowing, but not knowing," she indicated the few spaces between them, the faltered smirk. "Learning, like me...but with more...skill, or experience."

She closed the gap between them, impulsively. She wondered, in the aftermath, if that was what he had wanted or not. Didn't matter. Actions were almost always final.

"You are patient," she said, meeting his dark red orbs. "That is...kind."

Or calculating; she had never given up the instinct of being wary, being suspicious, even though she came in close contact. Especially not with one so foreign.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Ether momentarily took on the appearance of a deer caught in headlights. It was quickly pushed aside, that egotistical grin flashing before he took a couple steps to the side, widening the distance between them.

He shrugged to the extent his anatomy would allow, "Well, I've never heard that before," A slight paused was given, before a step was taken back in her direction, "What gives you this impression? Certainly I'm not as difficult as you say."

ooc|You might not remember since it's been so long, but before the site was inactive for a bit I asked if you wanted to start an RP up for Hinote and Saphire again, well it's up in Hidden Vale if you're still interested. ^_^;;

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

She had caught him unawares, the closeness. This was something new. But she did not pursue him as he danced away. Her mistake. She could understand.

She tilted her head, studying the way he spoke, not only the words but his body moving in time. A step closer? Was he playing or...but no matter. He wanted to know why, why she read the way she did.

"Patient, because," she stepped into his orbit and danced out again. "Came close. You did not want. But no anger. You stay. Others leave."

She looked down, and for a moment the impish air dropped for a bit and she was just a very young mare in a cold garden. "I speak fragments. You stay, coax. Thus, kind."

Meeting his eyes again. "Understand?"

((I'll get on that Hinote & Saph ASAP ^.^))

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

A small smile fluttered across his lips. Recently he felt himself becoming more concerned with other's well beings, and was gradually coming to blame it on the company of this mare and the one called Ash he had recently met. They both made him... Serene, but in different ways.

"Understand," A bob of his head confirmed his spoken words, trying to use actions as much as he could now. She seemed to translate those into words more so then anything actually spoken. It appeared this way to him, at least.

"Why do you talk this way? Are you just young, or did something happen?" This was asked with genuine curiousity, ears pricked in her direction along with those emotionless crimson eyes.

He was changing like those he before him, and he had yet to decide whether this was good or bad.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Head nodded, he knew. She was satisfied, even perhaps a little pleased at herself that her words had carried across the way she had wanted. She smiled and tossed her head lightly, reminiscent of the filly she had only just grown out of being.

But there were still questions, and even though his voice changed, his eyes did not. He was guarding something, keeping it close. That was fine. She was too.

"Young, yes," she lifted her foreleg; slender, still somewhat fragile and forming, yet it bore marks. The scars of battle were faint, but in the moonlight one could make out the razor thin imperfections in the smoky black hide. Marks that would be invisible in the day. "But other things...they happen."

She flicked her tail, thinking how best to explain her odd situation, trying to remember. "Birth...being child...being youngling...whole time, silence. No one spoke. Only motion, action, fighting. Motion is language. I...learn second tongue, only now. Words."

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Makes sense then, I suppose. You read body language as if it was a book right in front of you," His tone made him seem like he was evaluating her, a small nod accompanying it, "Impressive. Not many have that skill, consider yourself lucky."

Ether was watching her carefully now, almost weary. He was learning quickly that he needed to be aware of every little thing he did around her, even the tiniest look could send a message. He had to be careful to not let her read him too easily.

"You understand words easy enough it seems, though. How long have you been learning to speak?"