Mixed Up Matchings [Open]

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Mixed Up Matchings [Open]

Post by Songhue »

"She'll be fine. A little stiff for a day or so, though."

He shook out his short mane, gazing at the pair with a strange look on his face, his words almost absently spoken.

It was one thing to find a new face and see something other than a potential playmate. Seeing these two, faces that he had thought he knew, one face he thought he knew well, and seeing them through this change that was.. That Had happened within him was not something he knew how to cope with.

It took a while, but he had learned now to deal with this new way of viewing life. At least when it came to strangers. The three that stood behind him in the canyon had helped with that.

This, though.. This was not something he had counted on.

How he viewed things in general had effected how he viewed them, even how he viewed his mate. There was still the sweet, tender affection he had known before, yet now there was more. There was a need to help, to protect her. A sense of responsibility. The vague notion of how she would see him now that this.. Whatever this was, had fully taken root.

He was freezing up, unsure of what to say or do. For so long he had known nothing outside of play... All that cropped into his mind was a general question as to why they were wandering about, yet at the same time he felt it would be rude to pry.

"You scold her like a mere filly, dearest."

Idly noted, something random to fill the air, something that came without thought. He didn't know what to do, how to cope, why these things were happening within him. All he knew was that the silence was spinning out and that somehow, his own flesh no longer seemed to fit right.

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

Silverflash looked up through her forelock at her bond-sister, "I got injured... So... Well... I ruined the fun for others, since I can not do much..." she said her voice back to being a bare whisper.

Amber nipped the silver mare's star mane playfully, "Don't be Silverflash. You did not ruin anyone's fun. What matters is that your are save and not badly hurt." She looked up at her mate at and smiled,"Thanks again sweetheart."

The silver mare raised her head back to normal, height, "Thanks Amber," she said, rubbing her head against the black mare's neck. She felt much better now knowing that she wasn't spoiling anything for anyone. Sure she still felt she let them down a little, but she would just ignore the small tidbit. Amber was here for her and she could find all the confidence and sister ship she needed right now. The ebony mare was like her older sister, and Peace was like her younger sister, but not by much. Both she and the ice mare knew confidence was something they needed to work on. Crash and Skid were like her big brothers, always there if she needed them. Last was Dart more like a sibling her own age and like to get himself into trouble. This is what she dreamed of after being abandoned, a family with loving serians and bonded.

Amber looked down at her, and sighed, she would never figure out why this mare said sorry for things that she did not need to be, or why Silverflash said thanks to her when there was no need. Amber was doing what she felt was needed to be done. She looked back to her mate and giggled a bit and what he said, "I guess... Well, she is the newest to my bond-group. I can't help worrying about her." She was a bit surprised that he did not seem to have that sparkle he always had; the energy and confidence seemed to be missing. "Are you alright my Sparkle?" she asked with concern tolling through her words and eyes.
I need a new image holder...lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle tossed his short mane uncertainly, ears flicking as a sharp pain shot through his temple. Contemplating such a simple question had proven far too difficult for him.

Was he alright? He wasn't injured, he wasn't exactly scared, there was nothing particularly Wrong with him. So he could not say that no, he wasn't. He almost wished he had a physical injury she could see, as if she asked such a thing with that he could answer that he was, that he would be, that he would at least live.

He supposed he would live yet, with this strangeness in him. It was that very thing that made it so difficult to say he was indeed alright, as things were not as they had once been.

Never before had he looked at this sweet mare and vowed to preserve her innocence.

Maybe if he hadn't fought this for so long, so many weeks and months gone... Perhaps he would have learned what he needed to know, learned the proper way to act.

And perhaps it would have only made the change happen faster, given him less time to learn what he needed to know.

Was he alright? Yes, no, maybe? Would he ever be alright again?

"I suppose I am. As she has to go easy on that leg, though, what do you say we walk along this canyon as the moon rises?"

He could only hope she didn't see the way his ears swiveled uncertainly. Could only pray she wouldn't notice the tension in his body. Whatever this was, whatever was.. Wrong with him.... He could only try and spare her such knowledge. The urge to lean on her was strong, all the same, as they had always leaned upon one another. Another divided area within him, another pinpoint of pain ripping through his skull. What had happened to him?

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

Taking a step back and placing all her weight of her good legs, so her bad leg only just touched the ground, Silverflash looked at Amber and Sparkle. She looked from one to the other and a strong urge came over her, "Amber, Sparkle, I an going to rest for a bit, but don't stop me from you to going off. I will be fine here." Her voice now finally returning to normal.

Amber immediately picked up on that there was something bothering her mate. The long time in responding was all she needed. His body language certified it as well. Though her attention was take away for a few moments, as the silver mare moved. "Ok, if that is alright." She felt a bit odd, to go with her mate and leave her bond-sister here.

Silverflash lowered herself to the ground, laying with back feet her sides and her front out to the front. She looked up at Amber, "I am sure, bond-sister."

Amber looked down at her, seeing her look relaxed and calm, she made her decision easily. She moved over to stand beside her mate. A look of concern was crawling into her eyes, but so much love battled it back, resulting in half and half. She nuzzled into his dark blue neck and golden mane, "I would love to go for a walk with you," she said in the most comforting voice she could find.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle gave the mare a rather uncertain look as she settled down on the canyon floor. He hadn't meant that she should be left behind.

"Are you sure? It'd probably be best to walk on that leg just a bit. It'll help with the bruising."

Flicking his tail, he tried to tell himself that Amber wasn't talking to him in a soothing tone. He tried to tell himself that he normally wouldn't have thought of such things as how to help with bruising. He tried to and failed.

"If you'd rather, my darling, we could stay here, with your bond-mate."

How uncertain he sounded, how frightened. He couldn't help it. What was he supposed to do? How was he supposed to cope with this, the sudden maturing that had taken hold of him? He didn't regret it in the least, for it felt right, as if it had been time for such a thing. And yet... To have not a care but which game to play..

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

"No, it is ok. I have been on it for a while since I mistook the bush landing. I think i should be fine. Don't let me ruin your fun." She looked up at his, he pastel blue eyes trying their best to show support in the them.

Amber looked at him concern was slowly wining her the battle for what emotion was shining from her eye. "What ever is best for you," she said still in a soothing tone. She picked up on the uncertainty in his voice. What was wrong with her Sparkle. She had to know and she would find away to help. She took a few steps closer until she could easily rest her neck around his. She embraced him around the neck, "Sparkle, what is wrong?"