Mixed Up Matchings [Open]

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Mixed Up Matchings [Open]

Post by Songhue »

OOC| I had wondered if that playful mare would find her way into this. XD They weren't mentioned as being near the others, though, so I'll have to wait a bit. :)

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

Occl| lol. They are near by, but wasn't sure on what the surroundings were, so i would say past Vision's group way further down the beach, probably look like two dark shadows. :)
I need a new image holder...lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

He gave a quiet snort, noticing the way Whirl had suddenly become unsure of herself. Tossing his main, he turned around as a mild thud sounded somewhere behind him, starting in the direction of the rainbow canyon.

If they wished to follow, they would.

"Come on; it should be particularly lovely at dusk."

Celeste
Regular
Regular

Post by Celeste »

The muffled noise off in the direction of the woods startled the young mare, and she couldn't help flinching just a little. Anything loud, even if it was a good distance away, always caused the same reaction. She just wasn't all too used to dealing with raucous. Celeste was quiet, and for the most she traveled alone. It was easier to explore that way.

So she nodded gratefully at Sparkle. It wasn’t that she didn’t want the other pair of Serians to accompany them; she just needed to start moving. All that anxiety needed to be released somehow, after all.

"Yes, please. I can't wait to see it." She looked up at him momentarily and then off in the direction they were headed. The sun was already beginning to set - they would have to chase the last rays of light.

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

As Vision and Nymph approached the other party, which now visibly consisted of a mare and a stallion as well, Vision heard the stallion call out in introduction. He smiled, always the gentleman, and ducked his head in a graceful nod of acknowledgment, his thick amethyst mane flowing over one side of his neck.

Hello Sparkle, he replied, the gentle aristocratic lilt in his voice becoming more noticeable around others, I am Vision, and my companion here is Nymph.

Nymph nodded slightly, and nervously pawed at the ground, apparently unable to speak. Vision gave her a slightly disapproving look, and after a few moments she gulped audibly and offered her own greeting in response.

Hello...nice to meet you, she said quietly, resisting the urge to hide behind her mane again. She looked shyly in the direction of both Sparkle and Whirl and attempted a smile-then she glanced at Vision, as if searching for approval. Vision nodded, and smiled in the general direction of the mare, Whirl, and tilted his head again, the golden cloth hiding his sightless eyes glinting slightly with the setting sun.

Nice to meet you as well Whirl. Both Nymph and I would love to accompany you to the Rainbow Canyon- that is, if we're not intruding. I'd hate to impose.

Nymph looked at him sharply in alarm, the thought of being social completely terrifying her. She recovered quickly however, and managed the most cheerful smile she could muster. It wasn't that she disliked other Serians- rather, she had no idea how to interact with them, or anyone for that matter, outside of her own "family" of bond-sisters and brothers. She stepped up to Vision's side and stood even with Vision's shoulder. Nymph nudged him in the general direction of the departing Sparkle, as if to guide her blind brother and smiled a little less hesitantly at Whirl. It was as if the mare was feeling the same amount of anxiety as her- it made it a bit easier for her to bear, knowing that someone else had feelings similar to that of her own. She noticed the mare's fleeting glance at Vision, and idly wondered if she should try to explain that to her later. She had never met another blind Serian aside from her brother, so she could only imagine why Vision might appear... awkward... to newcomers.

Vision accepted her assistance humbly, and despite being completely dependent on her and his other senses he made due, and for all appearances sake appeared entirely confident in his ability to find his own way. His ears flicked in various directions as he processed the sounds around him. He paused for a moment, and chuckled softly.

It seems, he said, pausing with a brief smile, that we are about to be overcome by yet a few more guests. I can hear sounds in the distance.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle twitched an ear back towards Vision as he spoke, glad for someone to copy. He was fumbling here, honestly at a loss as to what to do or say.

"If we are then we are. I'm afraid that we can't pause for long, however, if we're to catch this place at dusk still."

He glanced back for a moment, a small smile quarking his lips at the way the two seemed to support each other in different ways. Perhaps if he had someone to lean on this wouldn't be so hard for him..

Tossing his short main, he slowed his pace as they got nearer, stopping just within the mouth of the canyon. He couldn't believe he had never noticed the details of this place before..

The double rainbows arches gracefully over the twin falls as the stream ribboned through the center of the canyon. Crystal shards stuck out of the ground, some rather small and some that reached nearly to his knees, each one refracting light to leave layers of prysms across the walls. The stream sparkled with them as well, the clear water seeming to dance in the light as the shadows lengthened, welcoming the night.

"There is a game I would play in this place, long ago. The goal is to splash. That's it. By myself there was no real point other than watching.. With a friend it was to get the other soaked."

Snorting, he tossed his main again and took a few steps back, unsure as to how he felt about this place now. Unsure of how he felt about anything outside of his mate.