A Little Afterglow Banter

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Re: A Little Afterglow Banter

Post by Silverdust »

Coward. It was an insult for a Warrior, but she was not one of them, but it seemed to weigh heavily on her as if she were. Brittle allowed her to regain herself, watched as she smoothed down her feathers and looked at them as if she were tentatively reaching out a hand. He smiled then, stepped closer as if to show that she had not lost any of her grace in his eyes.

"A coward is a heavy assertion yet," he said, looking towards Id. The stallion nodded slightly; he was fine, no harm done. Still, the tension was slow to leave him, but that had always been the case with Id. "It is neither the time nor the place to test your mettle; you may be quite a different creature when the times call."

He grinned slightly, remembering Mist, who had seemed so young and frightened - but she was the daughter of a Rogue, and sometimes those golden eyes would flare with a danger, especially when those around her were threatened. He had found that sometimes the fiercest opponents were not Warriors, but those with something to protect. He felt comforted with her shy smile, to know that she had not lost herself.

"I would offer my name a thousand fold more, then, lady, if indeed it would bring me closer to your heart," he laughed, lightly. "You do so well in seeing the virtues of others, yet you do not seem to find them in yourself."

He glanced at Id briefly before hazarding his next question, his eyes taking on a slightly more serious tone at her enigmatic words. "Then, little angel, what pains you? What makes you fear so?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Her gaze was now glued to the ground in front of her, carefully examing the clumps of disturbed dirt caused by her movement. It took a long moment of rummaging through her thoughts before she found words that didn't reveal too much or too little. She didn't know if she could handle reliving the past. Everytime the story was told she had winced at the memory of the raw skin beneath the harsh shackles, and the words that had been spit at her by her captives.

"Nothing to fear but fear itself," Was all she said, giving a small shrug in addition. Don't play with me, my paper heart will bleed.

"I could say the same for you, calling yourselves savage and barbaric..." A small sigh was blown between her lips as she raised her eyes to them, narrowing ever so slightly as if she were trying to see through them, "When you've been... Nothing but the best."

When the time calls. She played with that thought a moment, wondering of the future. If the time ever came, would she step up? Or run as she had lived her whole life doing.

"Could we go somewhere? ...Like an adventure or something?"

She needed to leave, get away from the walls that had protected her for so long. She had to find out what she was really made of.

EDIT: Just fixing some weird typos I had originally made. O_o Clearly I hadn't been thinking, haha.
Last edited by Rainer on Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Brittle could tell the signs of hiding the past; he had been with Id long enough. But he didn't push her, only accpeted her words with a nod and let it be. She would tell them with time perhaps, or not at all, and he would not think badly of her. Everyone had their secrets, after all, and he was the guardian of quite a few himself. His eyes flicked to Id, and slowly returned to her.

"You recognize that, at least," he smiled. "You are not as much a coward as you believe if you can see what fear is."

Id averted his eyes as Trace's gaze fixed on them. He was never comfortable meeting eyes with others outside his bonded, and it was strained even then. Eyes revealed too much, and the mare's eyes seemed to have a...'knowing' about them. Something that could maybe see too much of the shadows that haunted him.

"Nothing but the best? You flatter us again, little angel."

And there again was Brittle, drawing the attention from him and onto a lighter atmosphere. He felt like he could breathe again. Beside him, the horned stallion tilted his head thoughtfully, considering her request. "An adventure?"

Truth be told he wanted to see Web again; the dark mare had been scarce for much of the time they had been here - or maybe he had been the one too caught up in Lock and HInote and all things in between. However, Sethe's lands were not a place to take a girl like Trace; an adventure it would be, but one with dangerous and unforeseen consequences. But there were other options, kinder ones indeed.

"...I believe Sive's lands are not too far, are they?" he mused, looking toward Id.

"Just east," came the reply, then a somewhat hollow grin. "Pining for Avalir?"

Brittle's eyes narrowed slightly but he took the teasing in stride. After all, if Id was well enough to tease then there was nothing to really worry about. He turned back to the little angel. "Well then, little lady, how does that sound?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Sive? Avalir? The names went in one ear and out the other, her main focus on the smile that forced its way through her attempts to smother her excitment. She rarely got out, so this was a big deal. Especially to be with others outside her bonded.

An eager nod was given, her wings stretching and fluttering in anticipation, "Lead the way."

She approached the two, awaiting further steps to be taken. A glance was sent to Id, along with a warm smile. She had not the slightest clue as to why he always looked away. Maybe he was like Ether; afraid to be known or read like a book. Hopefully he wasn't though, Ether scared her silly.

"So Id... How long have you known Satin?"

Casual conversation at it's best.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Brittle could almost feel the excitement coming from her, and that lightened his heart. "As you wish, little lady."

He moved opposite the setting sun, his pace easy and unhurried, partially for Trace to keep up and partially for the sake of Id's shoulder. In hindsight, he might've been the rough one - oh well. It would perhaps be twilight when they reached their destination, but he had never known Sive's lands to be without life and light. Really, it was the perfect place to go for times like this.

He glanced toward Id at the angel's question. The other stallion started slightly; he probably hadn't expected to be drawn into conversation so soon. His answer came slowly, weighed down by something Brittle couldn't exactly trace.

"I do not know - awhile perhaps. Our meetings are few and far between."

It had probably a span of years that they'd known of each other's existence, but less than week that they'd actually spoken to each other. Much of Satin he knew through casual word of mouth - the fact that she had a stallion, the general opinion of her cold personality. He wondered, vaguely, how much she really knew of him. They were really nothing more than strangers, then, passing randomly through each other's lives.

Perhaps, in the end, it was better that way. But Brittle, of course, was not one to let it go so easily, especially when a mare was involved. Id mentally sighed and shut his eyes as the inevitable meddling began.

"Since Id can't seem to bring himself to ask, how are things with Satin? I assume you may not be on the best of terms, but perhaps she has mentioned something of this wayward one in passing?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Trace breifly noted the way the other stallion seemed to momentarily resist answering, but did anyway. A flicker of worry fluttered in her chest, and she decided to keep herself in check. Not too much too soon.

"Satin... She's been alright... More confused then anything... Things with someone she cared about were left on... unsettled terms. Bleak? ...Fleet? ...I think thats his name..." She shrugged, daring another glance at Id, guessing he would have no reaction. He seemed the kind of person to not intrude, and let people lead their lives. Not so much that he didn't care, but had enough wisdom to know not to change what can't be undone and Trace couldn't help but admire that, "She's spoke of you once or twice, to my knowledge... As far as I can tell she... Enjoys your company."

Although, she assumed many people did. He seemed to be the friendly type if caught in the right moment.

The delicate mare plodded along near Brittle but kept a bit of distance, fearing she would intrude on someone's personal space again.

"...So... Where are we going?"

EDIT: Just fixing a typo. ^_^;