A Little Afterglow Banter

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Re: A Little Afterglow Banter

Post by Silverdust »

He smiled as her shivering began to abate; he had been worried they might've traumatized the poor girl. But she was cautious still, a sign of good sense. He didn't mind at all - he could deal with a little bit of interrogation. After all, it had been so long since he had had a normal conversation.

She had a charming little voice, like birdsong. He had almost forgotten mares could sound so sweet. "Live out here? Then I suppose we are the ones trespassing on your lands, little lady. I am truly sorry we startled you so."

Her eyes were quick and curious, and with their gaze came the stinging reminder of pain. Gods, Id's hoover were like razors - he should have a bit more care using them. As if he could read his mind, the other stallion flashed him a near imperceptible smirk. He glared back.

"You need not concern yourself, dear lady," he said, turning back to the mare with a charming smile. "It was a sparring match, as is our way. They will heal with time."

He bowed his head, like any gentleman, and Id followed suit with a vague nod as best he could manage. He really was unsuited for polite company. "I apologize again for our rudeness. I am Brittle and that is Id, both of Red Sands. We are foreigners here, wanderers under our bonded's keep. And may I ask of your name, m'lady?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

The small, feathery wings shuffled at her sides as she grew comfortable with the two's presence, the smile from before becoming warm. It didn't take long for her to settle down, then again she was still new, naive to the ways of the world. She would learn soon enough.

"Hardly trespassing. The Hill is still a ways away," Although she wouldn't deny, one thing this Brittle said puzzled her. Their way? The way of the warrior, or the serians? Should she be... 'sparring' as well, then? She couldn't even place a meaning to the word. She would ask Bark when she returned, maybe she would know? A fine brow was quirked, but she let it pass without a word, that flawless smile still hovering on the surface.

Her lean face was given a graceful dip, still watching the pair warily. "Trace of Eternal Sun, pleasure," The careful gaze was now settled on Id, curious as to how one could go without speaking for so long. She decided to make an effort to get him to talk before they parted, no matter how badly she would fail.

Wandering gaze swooped back to Brittle and she momentarily admired his horns. Only a few had horns where she lived, but they weren't curved as his were. That made him truely unique. She glanced down at herself, and immediatly became disappointed. The ribbon tied to her metal shackles fluttered up at her, reminding her that she could never get away no matter how hard she tried. She glanced back up at them, the angel's smile appearing a little more forced.

"I was told once... To suck it up... Is that what you do?... When it hurts?"

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

She was warming now, good, he had not lost his touch. It was true the years had put a damper on his once wildly flirtatious tendencies - he had never truly been as womaniaing as he came off as, but he found himself playing the charade less. Maybe it was just that he had hardly been in the company too. Good fortune, then, that this little angel had crossed their path before he lost that part of him completely.

"Trace...it has a delicacy about it that suits you, if you don't mind my saying," he said, his voice smooth and earnest. Still, he noted how her gaze shifted to Id. It was inevitable, after all; Id's silence seldom hid him from attention even though he was sure that was why the other stallion indulged in it.

Id noticed the gaze as well and met the mare's eyes for a fleeting moment, before lowering his gaze again to the shadows between the trees. He could sense small traces of a familiar aura about the girl - Satin, probably. It would be best if he inquired no further, and he held his tongue.

Brittle smiled to himself as the girl's gaze returned to him, expecially as they glanced his horns - his weapons and his pride. But she seemed to draw into herself at the sight of them, and her eyes strayed to the shackles about her legs. Strange thing, that - he wondered who would want to chain such a fragile form down. Her strange question, her forced smile, they were beginning to bring back a stir of melancholy in him. But by now, he was adept at not letting that show.

"Suck it up? I suppose, yes, that is what we do," he shrugged, and his eyes hardened a bit at the roughness of the words. "But we are Warriors and pain is an inevitable part of our lives - I cannot say it is the best way to live for everyone. There are others...others who need to feel and express every ache in them, in order to heal."

He tilted his head, a little inquisitive. "What would drive you to ask such a thing, Lady Trace?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

It was then Trace recalled a title that she had heard during her first days under her bonded's care, when Bark had picked up her shattered pieces and glued them back together again, bringing her from silent dementia to being what she was now, scared but still able to trust. If her company was not questionable.

"You're quite the... Smooth-talker, for a warrior," Her words were still uncertain, hindered by her lack of communication. She had never really had to speak before. Others always did it for her.

She glanced back at Id, her eyes silently inquiring. What was on his mind that would keep him so quiet all the time. It was truely testing her own ability to silence herself. Calling attention to one's differences often brought discomfort and awkward situations, not something she would want to do to him. He seemed too fragile, even if he could take on those massive horns.

There was a slight surprise which appeared in the watery reflection of her gaze when Brittle mentioned inevitable pain... But then the word heal provided some comfort. Nothing lasts forever, she reminded herself. Not even pain.

"Curiousity, I suppose..." Her attention was now focused on the bruises and cuts that littered Brittle's form, and she took a step closer to get a better look. Her child-like innocence could almost be amusing, her eyes swept over his wounds before she realized she was staring, and darted a few steps backwards. She averted the glassy orbs to the ground between them, mentally scolding herself. That was rude.

"I've heard of you," A side-long glance was cast to Id, "As I'm sure you've already guessed."

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

"I try, little lady; just because I am a Warrior does not mean I cannot be a gentleman as well."

He spoke as if he hadn't heard the hesitance in her voice. She spoke like Lock, he realized, though her pauses came not from lack of language itself, but lack of use, perhaps. A quiet one then, like Id, like Mist in her beginnings. Still, he paid it no mind. She might close-up completely with the wrong words.

He chuckled at her curious gaze, her mincing steps back and forth. Reminders of a better time, before the past few years; reminders of an innocence that had once touched their wayward lives. "It is alright to look, Lady Trace, I know they warrant it. A Warrior's scars are marks of honor - it's a little bit of a pity when they go unnoticed."

But there was still a thread there, pulling her attention toward his silent companion. When at last she garnered the courage to speak to him, he was a little surprised. Id kept to himself when in the Fields; he had hardly an acquaintance outside the bonds of the sisters, and even those were strained. He shot the stallion a curious glance as well - those scarlet orbs met his and danced away, back to the shadows. Always avoidant, Id was.

"...Satin," it was more a statement than a question; Id's voice was vague, not quite as deep as Brittle's, but held a kind of dark elegance that almost didn't belong.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Badges of pride..." Was added, a short glance cast to the scattered wounds on Brittle's sides. She turned back to Id, frowning upon the mention of her fellow mare.

"Very easily agitated... Pretty sure she hates me," Pretty sure she hates everything. That girl was one some sort of rampage, flying through their realm like she was on fire. A change of subject was in order, having learned early on that talking of others in their absense was not always a wise choice. She smiled at him, silently pleading for a little ease.

The shackles bound to her legs didn't budge as she took steps toward them, the lengths of ribbon dangling around her forelegs as she moved, adding to the grace that flowed from her strides. She snaked carefully around them, examing them from different angels. She noted the band around Id's tail, and the freckles dancing down his neck. The long feathers dancing around Brittle's hooves were also noticed, with mild amusement. Something most mares would probably die to have.

Finally satisfied, she paused a few feet away from them and sighed. Trace finally allowed herself to relax a bit, but kept the dock of her tail lifted up as to not let the long silver hairs touch the ground.

"If you are indeed... Foreigners, does that mean you have finally found home, or are you destined to wander... Forever?"